Sandy

Heroica RPG - First Anniversary Lottery

heroica-anniversarybanner.jpg

Heroica Hall is bustling with life as word of a special event spreads among the heroes. All those not on a quest gather to the stone floor of the great hall. Then a group of imposing figures appear to the balcony above the crowd. A man in a black cape and an adorned helmet addresses them.

heroica-lottery.jpg

“I, Dragonlord of the Veterans, summon all of you heroes of Heroica, both those here with me in the Hall at this moment and those questing far away in distant lands, for it is time to celebrate! Many of you might not know this, but a year ago, our organization faced a great tragedy. We lost the majority of our champions in an unfortunate chain of events, and the Six Houses of Eubric were ready to deem us a lost case and cut our funding completely. But we recovered, slowly but steadily, and now we prosper, with our ranks larger than ever in the 250 year history of Heroica. It is all thanks to you and your endeavours in spreading heroism into every corner of Olegaia.

Your quests have taken you far and wide, from the High Kingdoms all the way to Salmanda, although you have done most good here in Eubric Freeport, the city that is now your home. The Six Houses look favourably at us again, and even the wily Wolfgang has begun to respect our authority. Many of you are currently involved in the internal struggles of Dastan, the land of my ancestors, and I believe this will not be the last time the empire will turn to our organization. Perhaps one day we will build another Hall in Drakencourt, as well.

So it is with deepest delight and greatest gratitude that we Veterans offer these festivities to you, brave champions. To celebrate properly, we have decided to organize a lottery for all willing participants. The prizes vary from useful items to gems to scrolls and we’ve even added a unique artefact. Miss Valentine Ziegfried has kindly offered to handle all communication with the champions who are currently on quests. So worry not, you will get your prize z-mailed to you anywhere in the world.

Just send us a slip of paper with your name on it to act as a ticket, and we’ll get the lottery started!”

RULES:

- All players of Heroica RPG may participate into the raffle, no matter if they are currently on a quest or not. New players are welcome to participate as well.

- Confirm your character's participation by posting
in-character
to this topic
before
the 8th of August, 2012. The post can be about how your character finds out about the lottery and sends their slip of paper, for example.

- The lottery will take place one week from now, on the
8th of August
. The 20 main prizes listed below will be dealt to the lucky winners. One player can only win one prize.

- If you win an item from the raffle, you can add it to your character's inventory immediately (thanks to the magical "Z-Mail").

- If you have any questions about the lottery, please ask them at the
-topic, not here.

LIST OF PRIZES:

heroica-healthcore.jpgHealth Core – Restores full health.

heroica-ethercore.jpgEther Core – Restores full ether.

heroica-phoenixincense.jpgPhoenix Incense – Revives all knocked out party members to full health during a battle.

heroica-amethyst.jpgAmethyst – Enables darkness-elemental spells.

heroica-aquamarine.jpgAquamarine – Enables water-elemental spells.

heroica-diamond.jpgDiamond – Enables light-elemental spells.

heroica-emerald.jpgEmerald – Enables wood-elemental spells.

heroica-garnet.jpgGarnet – Enables earth-elemental spells.

heroica-opal.jpgOpal – Enables ice-elemental spells.

heroica-ruby.jpgRuby – Enables fire-elemental spells.

heroica-sapphire.jpgSapphire – Enables wind-elemental spells.

heroica-topaz.jpgTopaz – Enables lightning-elemental spells.

heroica-scrollofblindness.jpgScroll of Blindness – Enables casting the blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.

heroica-scrollofconfusion.jpgScroll of Confusion – Enables casting the confused-effect to the target for the next three rounds, during which it has a 50% chance of targeting an ally instead of its opponents. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.

heroica-scrolloffrailty.jpgScroll of Frailty - Enables casting the fragile-effect to the target, causing it to take double damage for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.

heroica-scrollofsealing.jpgScroll of Sealing – Enables casting the sealed-effect to the target, making it unable to use a special skill for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.

heroica-scrollofsleep.jpgScroll of Sleep – Enables casting the sleep-effect to the target, forcing it to miss its turn for three rounds or until woken up by an attack. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.

heroica-scrollofweakening.jpgScroll of Weakening - Enables casting the weakened-effect to the target, halving its level for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50% chance of success and costs 1 ether. Usable only by mages and clerics.

heroica-mythrilshard.jpgMythril Shard – One quarter of a full Mythril ore, used for mythrilizing weapons.

heroica-anniversarymedal.jpgAnniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory) – Power +1, SP +1, Max. Health +1, Max. Ether +1. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year.

As Arasmyth was about to agree with the ranger that the War Quarter was the next stop on their checklist, he was cut off by a flurry of pink letters flying into the midst of the party. Picking up one of the envelopes and opening it, he quickly skimmed the letter from the "Dragonlord" character, then signed his name at the bottom and sent it back to participate.

Elgar was listing to the graceful songs of the bard singerson when he recived a Z mail "This is odd." he mumbled "I thought the trial period was over". After he read the Z mail he sent the note showing his willingness to enter the lottery. He crossed his fingers in the hope to get a prize.

Edited by Jedi master Brick

As Arthur prepared to face off against the beasts of Chaos, he was suddenly interrupted by a flurry of pink letters. "I'm going to kill that witch...!" He growled. Seeing the announcement from the Veterans, he quickly signed his name in participation with the added note to Valentine: This isn't over... --Arthur J. Regulus VII

IC: As De'kra raced towards the battle in the Throne Room, he spotted one of the pink paper objects floating at him. As he ran he leapt forward, and caught the item with a roll. As he flipped out of the roll and continued his sprint towards the skirmish, the echo signed up for the contest.

OOC: good luck to all participants

Guts, while dodging the cogs and other swinging and moving parts of the clock in which he was fighting, suddenly noticed a pink enveloppe, gently falling down to him from above. The old man would have recognized it everywhere: Z-mail. Magical stuff, but useful, and it had not proven to be deadly. Yet.

Jumping up to avoid a swinging piece of machinery, Guts took the letter out of it's enveloppe. He then had to roll to avoid losing his head to some grinding gears, before he could read it. Quickly skimming the letter, Guts stopped for a second to jump backwards, to avoid a cog that came crashing down from above.

Finally, in a rare quiet moment in the madness, the raider could fully read what was going on. A lottery, aye? Hmpf, the Veterans could have better put the money it had taken to organize this in better equipment, or expanding the organization. Still, a chance for something useful to help him in this... weird... dream... thing...

While the machinery started to whirl up again, Guts frantically looked for a pen and a piece of paper to sign up.

As Haldor took a draught of mead while sitting in the bar, a peculiar note launched from behind him onto the wooden table that the Nord was propping up. With a clash and bang, the half-full glass was knocked aside in the wake of yet another magical letter flying past. Haldor grasped one quickly, before anymore damage could be done, and read the contents of the note. Something about a lottery, Haldor read. But what the hell was a lottery anyway? The Norseman scrawled his name in large letters accross the piece of paper, without thinking for a moment what he was signing up for.

L'Oreal Diablo suddenly hears a name hissed in the wind during his battle with Russel. "Dragonlord" it whispers...

A letter flutters towards him in the air. He snatches at it, signs his name, and tosses it back into the wind (where it travels back to the appropriate location). Smiling and crossing his fingers for luck, he jumps back into the fray.

Mid-swing at one of the Croise's pawns, a pink letter manifests itself right where my fanblades had been. An inch lower and it'd currently be lying in pieces. As the battle slows, I open it and read it, advertising a raffle of sort. The letter comes with a piece of stationary and a pen to write with. Seeing as I haven't written anything in 266 years, my penmanship was... horrendous. Eye-scarring. Soul-crushing, even.

7n2wK.png

Syntax starts chastising me in the back of my head.

"Ahahaha, oh wow. let me give it a shot, Brickspeare."

J3Uwe.png

I seal the letter, and, begrudgingly, mumble that stupid catchphrase: "I got Z-mail." Harumph.

Reading from the scroll of sealing in an attempt to seal the death progg, I suddenly begin readying what seems like an invitation to a raffle. As I read, I use my quill to make sure that I'm not missing my line. "What the devil is this magic? It reminds me of that 'I've got Z-mail' rub--" the paper disappears whilst in my hands, but not before I realize that I had accidentally signed my name whilst trailing the line. "God no! I've just signed up for a lottery!"

PS: Need I say that my sealing didn't come off. :hmpf:

Durkon notices the lottery and sends in the form with his name on it, hoping to win a diamond.

Alexis gathers with the few heroes who are still in the hall and listens to the Founder's Announcement. She has no idea what a 'lottery' is but signs up for it anyways. Free stuff isn't bad.

"Now where did Althior get off too?"

As the two pressed North, the little Rogue was outpacing Thothwick, despite the latter being twice the size of the former.

"My word, age really has caught up with me!"

As he looked down, stopping but for a second to try and catch his breath, he saw a pink piece of paper on the floor, addressed to him. Thothwick scanned it excitedly, hearing of Miss Valentine Ziegfried's form of communication, and misjudging whom it was from. Realising it was lottery, organised by one of the Heroica Veterans, he signed up for it, intrigued at the prospect, but disappointed in himself for letting his hopes rise.

Jess looked up from her flagon of beer as she heard tell of the lottery.

"Free stuff is free, eh?" Jess exclaimed as she signed her name on a piece of paper and sent it to the lottery box.

"I love free stuff..." Jess mumbled to Haldor as she took another swig of her drink.

"Er, well, Arthur, she predicted this entire battle in the first place, a-" Atramor was cut short, Vipera's vision of the mage consumed in a storm of pink paper. He blinked. Another, smaller storm of gaudy stationary fell from the ceiling of the throne room. He held his hand up to the Rogue Lion Commander as he snatched one, reading over it with some difficulty.

"...Hm....I see several mentions of free stuff. Yes, this'll do great..."

He scribbled a large A.G using the venom exuded from Ratsbane, and the paper vanished. He returned his attention to the battle at hand, with a shrug.

Edited by CallMePie

Hybros concentrated on hitting the Cogs, when suddenly a pink envelope flew out of the mist of the dream and hit him the head. "What the hell...?" This was the second time he had encountered Z-Mail while on a quest, and he guessed that Doc had sent it into the dream when it arrived at the Great Gruffington's manor. He quickly read what one of the veterans had to say, and signed his name with a pen that appeared in his hand. He held the envelope out and it disappeared into the mist once again.

Patiently waiting for Tesni and Eric to decide what artifacts to get from Sir Favarious' rich collection Namyrra suddenly noticed three pink envelopes floating down towards them. "What kind of sillyness is this old fool up to now..." she mumbled "he surely is a few kittens short of a litter this one.."

But as she opened up one of the envelopes she realized this wasn't some stupid trick from Sir Favarious, but rather an invitation to enter a lottery in Heroica. Obviously no Fenarian would ever openly enter a raffle or lottery due to the immense shame it was to be caught as a foolish dreamer unable to understand the simplest of statistics, but Namyrra still felt like she should enter. With no other Fenarians anywhere nearby it should be safe. Carefully checking to see if Tesni or Eric had noticed she hastily scribbled down her name on the note, put it back in the envelope and watched it disappear with a tiny "poof" sound.

Lycan noticed a slip appear in front of his face, as he was preparing to throw his bomb." A lottery eh? Worth a try."Lycan sends back the slip, with his name on.

Calmly standing behind the protection of my shield, I read the letter that appears in the middle of battle. I'm not one to gamble, but there appears to be no cost to entering this 'Anniversary Lottery', so I sign my name and enter.

Oh great Ennoc, please heal Cronk's friends so that Cronk can bash evil...

What? A Raffle? Cronk like free stuff. Cronk signs up.

Now where was Cronk? Oh yes. Oh great Ennoc...

One week ago a seer foretold that Siercon would be deep in the midst of a dangerous quest on this raffle-day! Fortunately they planned ahead, and wrote out on a little parchment "Siercon!" so that even while away, he could enter. So now intrenched in war (against a crab) he crosses his fingers hoping for an anniversary medal, scroll, or mythril shard :D

Edited by Siercon and Coral

Alexandre, currently defending a room in Dastan, has a vision of a raffle. He said a quick prayer, signing him up.

Sylph was aroused from his feigned slumber by the shouts and applause of the members of the Hall.

"what's this?" he mumbled groggily. "Ah, a festival of sorts, honoring the passing of the old year. I see no reason not to sign up for the raffle."

"Why are you talking to yourself?" asks someone.

Xander noticed a pink slip of paper nestled in the back pocket of his satchel. He did not know how it got there, but he read its contents and decided to oblige, writing his name on the piece of paper and sending it back via Z-mail.

In the middle of arguing over which Death Progg was real, Erik was hit in the face by a note. He quickly read it, and signed up.

"Now what do I do with this? Maybe it's got something to do with why Sir Pretzel was mumbling earlier," He mutters. He tries to think back to what Pretzel had said. "I want free loot? No, that wasn't it. I'm completely insane? Nah, wasn't that. Oh, I remember. What the Progg is this magic? Something something something Z-Male? Z-Mail?" *POOF*