Ricecracker

SoF: FriendSHIP One

You didn't know there was a Summer of Friends Staff Contest? Well, there is. :grin: Now go build better than us and show us how to really build Friends.

--

7688498716_db63744836_z.jpg

FriendSHIP One (FS-1) is Planet HeartLake's first interstellar starship. Designed as an exploration vessel, FS-1 is a mobile habitat capable of carrying upwards of 40 Friends for years at a time! FS-1 contains a small assortment of defensive fighters and exploratory vessels - they are maintained and launched from the Pink Deck.

The ship consists of four decks:

Deck 1 - The Rainbow deck - contains the galley and crew / hibernation quarters (not built (yet))

Deck 2 - The Lime Deck - contains the engine room and maintenance areas. Most the ships repairs and routine maintenance are done. here.

7688535966_11826b100a_z.jpg

Deck 3 - The Azure Deck - contains the communications center and the science/medical labs. The bulk of the ships personnel work on this deck- plotting out the FS-1's flight path or inspecting any specimens they may encounter.

7681031458_6334cc28d6_z.jpg

Deck 4 - The Pink Deck - contains the flight deck and ship hanger.

7681024200_8fb515d95f_z.jpg

--

FriendSHIP One was built for The LEGO Store Fairview Mall LUG Showcase by Si-MOCs and Ricecracker - this has been a long time request by the store employees. It is on display until September.

Nicely done! Great use of the new colors :thumbup: The pink deck is probably my favorite, but they are all excellent :classic:

And if you live near Toronto you can go see it person at Fairview Mall.

7688112002_62d79e1c07_z.jpg

The colors of each deck are stunning! These pastels are just so much prettier and more vivid than the older basic colors.

It s wonderful that Friends' sets are providing so many new choices of colors and parts for everyone to use.

And what a great place to display it; woweee!

*oh2* Wow, Ricey! Absolutely Friends-tastic! I love the colour schemes of each individual deck, and all the sweet little details. :sweet: My favourite has to be the Pink Deck, with those awesome ships and speeders. :thumbup: Looking forward to the Rainbow Deck!

I have found that I really like these Friends builds. The "Friendly Fire" Tank and this "friendSHIP" are just fantastic.

*oh2* Wow, Ricey! Absolutely Friends-tastic! I love the colour schemes of each individual deck, and all the sweet little details. :sweet: My favourite has to be the Pink Deck, with those awesome ships and speeders. :thumbup: Looking forward to the Rainbow Deck!

I built only the Mechanical deck. Si-MOCs built the rest.

Awesome job Ricey!

Absolutely love it. I couldn't have done it better myself!

I love the funky death ray beam into the window area - all those tubes and stuff are sweet.

And poor Osacr :(

And if you live near Toronto you can go see it person at Fairview Mall.

7688112002_62d79e1c07_m.jpg

AHHH! some jerk is stealing the display!

AHHH! some jerk is stealing the display!

Looks more like that guy doesn't want to let go of his friends after spending a fortune. :laugh:

Great job, ToroLUG guys. :thumbup:

You didn't know there was a Summer of Friends Staff Contest? Well, there is. :grin: Now go build better than us and show us how to really build Friends.

--

FriendSHIP One (FS-1) is Planet HeartLake's first interstellar starship. Designed as an exploration vessel, FS-1 is a mobile habitat capable of carrying upwards of 40 Friends for years at a time! FS-1 contains a small assortment of defensive fighters and exploratory vessels - they are maintained and launched from the Pink Deck.

The ship consists of four decks:

Deck 1 - The Rainbow deck - contains the galley and crew / hibernation quarters (not built (yet))

Deck 2 - The Lime Deck - contains the engine room and maintenance areas. Most the ships repairs and routine maintenance are done. here.

Deck 3 - The Azure Deck - contains the communications center and the science/medical labs. The bulk of the ships personnel work on this deck- plotting out the FS-1's flight path or inspecting any specimens they may encounter.

Deck 4 - The Pink Deck - contains the flight deck and ship hanger.

--

FriendSHIP One was built for The LEGO Store Fairview Mall LUG Showcase by Si-MOCs and Ricecracker - this has been a long time request by the store employees. It is on display until September.

You two did a great job with this.

I see little girls going ga-ga over it every time I'm in the store. :classic:

Edited by Si-MOCs
Snipped images

Some wee beastie trashed the power loader!

Urgent rebuild by Dr. Si-MOCs is required! :cry_sad:

The color scheme on this looks fantastic! :sweet: I also love how you used part of the dome form the Death Star planet set on this.

Impressive work! The Lime Deck's machine is just filled with pieces used interestingly, be it the Death Star dome, the string as wires, or the combination of gears and dished used for the barrel. Also the use of the 1x1 round plates to break up the floor and add detail to the walls was a clever move. The transparent elements on the Azure Deck's command section work well with the azure coloring of the rest of the floor, and the medical lab's round shape really helps it to stand out (poor Classic Space dude :P ). The guide rails on the Pink Deck are pretty cool, as is that crane system for maneuvering those oddly-colored fighters onto the hangar floor.

Eagerly awaiting that Rainbow Deck; it's bound to be just as amazing as the other floors! :sweet:

FriendSHIP!!! :laugh: That's reallly great. Love the pink room too. :thumbup:

Very Azure and very Pink a great build

Maybe a little more white would have made the ship a little more Friendly?

I do believe this to be one of the most outstanding builds I have seen with the new colours. From someone who has worked in a lot of industrial environments, the layouts are well composed and I like the regimented-ness of the details.

Excellent and a standard that I can aspire too.