Sign in to follow this  
Studs Not On Top

Natalie

Breakout Breez finally made it to the U.S., and I'm very happy now! My only gripe is that she's built with the same parts as the male heroes, so there's not much to tell her apart from the guys (I still have family members make this comment about Bionicle and HF figures). So, here's a more feminine Natalie Breez:

Link

This was really fun, as I haven't spent much time drawing detailed robots. I'll definitely do more, maybe some villains for a change!

This is REALLY amazing. I love your drawing style AND the way you coloured it. Breez herself doesn't look bad either.

If there was a "Like" button here I'd like this over ten times, good job. :tongue:

EDIT: Ah, grammar mistakes. D:

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

You're a horrible person and should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you make a perfectly normal non perverted AFOL think a drawing of a plastic toy of a robot is sexy with your superb artistic talent. With great power comes great responsibility, SNOT, and you've abused it. Now go take a shower, you dirty megablok. :tongue:

You're a horrible person and should be ashamed of yourself. How dare you make a perfectly normal non perverted AFOL think a drawing of a plastic toy of a robot is sexy with your superb artistic talent. With great power comes great responsibility, SNOT, and you've abused it. Now go take a shower, you dirty megablok. :tongue:

My ears! I... I don't know what to say. Um, thank you very much, and you're lucky there aren't any more female HF characters. :P Filthy Kreon....

Thanks a lot, Vinyl! I used to outline everything, but now I'm trying to work with light and shadow. It's a tedious process!

Wow! Nice work! She looks very feminine and yet her proportions are still modest. The soft lighting goes a long way in this picture, and I like how you added detail to her design without eliminating the smooth surfaces and contours that are typical of Hero Factory parts.

Overall this kind of reminds me of the stylized versions of the sets which appeared in the BIONICLE movies. The proportions and details were adjusted to make them feel less "toy-like", but they kept many of the hallmarks of their toy designs so they remained instantly recognizable. The same applies here.

My own art tends to skew more towards a set-like appearance, which reduces the lifelike quality that a character drawing like this really ought to have. For example, here's my own Breez drawing. As you can see, the more feminine proportions seem much more forced when applied to the same blocky robotic frame, and I had a hard time making the pose appear natural (though that could just be my own inexperience with action poses showing and not a consequence of my style in and of itself).

Great work! I'm glad you were able to find inspiration in this year's sets, and I hope you can continue to find inspiration in this theme in the future!

Wow! Nice work! She looks very feminine and yet her proportions are still modest. The soft lighting goes a long way in this picture, and I like how you added detail to her design without eliminating the smooth surfaces and contours that are typical of Hero Factory parts.

Overall this kind of reminds me of the stylized versions of the sets which appeared in the BIONICLE movies. The proportions and details were adjusted to make them feel less "toy-like", but they kept many of the hallmarks of their toy designs so they remained instantly recognizable. The same applies here.

My own art tends to skew more towards a set-like appearance, which reduces the lifelike quality that a character drawing like this really ought to have. For example, here's my own Breez drawing. As you can see, the more feminine proportions seem much more forced when applied to the same blocky robotic frame, and I had a hard time making the pose appear natural (though that could just be my own inexperience with action poses showing and not a consequence of my style in and of itself).

Great work! I'm glad you were able to find inspiration in this year's sets, and I hope you can continue to find inspiration in this theme in the future!

Thanks, Aanchir! I'm not sure about the background, I feel like there could've been more to it. The 2.0 system resembles the modern depiction of robots in my mind, and I think it works so well with these figures.

Me, too. It felt both odd and refreshing when Bionicle movies transitioned to toy-like appearance and set the stage for the HF movies. I don't know which style I prefer, but both of them influence my artwork.

It looks great! You fixed her proportions, and that's what makes the set design convincing. It's hard to pose these guys without deciding what they really are. A robot can have no restrictions in movement, while a human obviously does. I really like your style, though! It's the set accuracy that brings forth a lot of nostalgia; in ten years, that's the art people will remember!

Thanks again, and the same to you!

The detail is amazing, as well as the shading. I also never knew that some robots can look sexy... Look out, Daniella Capricorn! Here comes Breez!