alois

MOC: Little modular church

The inhabitants of my modular street were in need of a place to fulfill their religious needs. But since the street only has lots of max. 32 studs, a church would be to large. So instead they built a chapel, and tried to made it resemble a church, while remaining within the rules of modular buildings.

The chapel is a corner building (as café corner and grand emporium), but it can also be placed in a row of houses, thus creating a small alley.

7686484962_8efcda3678_z.jpg

The tower:

7686483532_8babbb31ed_z.jpg

The interior:

7686480760_4ee164d39e_z.jpg

7686478456_c9a3b25d50_z.jpg

Through the backdoor next to the altar you'll see this (it was the only way I was able to photograph the vaulted ceiling):

7686476502_02079b508b_z.jpg

I hope you like it.

Very nice church! I like the way you did those stones. Nice and great size!

This is very nice! I've been toying with the idea of adding a church to my row of modulars, and I've been thinking that space would probably be an issue with a 32x32 footprint. You've solved that quite well here, it doesn't look all that cramped. My favourite parts of it are the stonework and the roof, although the interior is nice, too. Well done!

I think I prefer this little church more than would a larger version. It fits nicely with other modular buildings, and is an interesting entry. My favorite are the details found on the church's facade using dark gray plates. Good luck in the contest.

I think I prefer this little church more than would a larger version. It fits nicely with other modular buildings, and is an interesting entry. My favorite are the details found on the church's facade using dark gray plates. Good luck in the contest.

Thanks for your kind words, but it is not an entry, since I already entered my café in category 3.

Very nice church, the stone work on the outside is excellent and the interior is good too :thumbup:

The tower and big windows on the front are top-notch :classic:

Just coming across this - Any change of you selling the instructions? How many parts did it take? Love love love this!

On 31/7/2012 at 10:42 PM, alois said:

The inhabitants of my modular street were in need of a place to fulfill their religious needs.

LOL :laugh:

Great idea and amazing modular church ...the architecture looks fine! :wub: