BearHeart

New 2007 Castle Theme!!

Looks about par for the course.

I think people who were expecting anything more were probably fooling themselves. Personally, I think this is as good as its going to get. Remember, this is a children's line, where play features rule over everything else. Unlike Town or Star Wars, where there is a larger adult contingent, this theme seems directed squarely at kids. I doubt that its going to change any time soon.

Still, we finally get a great set of minifigs (well the good guys anyways) with a decent set of faction/torso prints, as well as metallic helmets and grey(bley) breastplates. If the photo is any indication, we may see something of an "army builder" set as well. The bley castle looks alright, and it does have a good assortment of bricks, which is certainly welcome. No, this certainly isn't classic castle, but I don't really think that the sets of old would have gone over well with children either. This is a pretty nice compromise, bringing us the first decent faction in over a decade.

Mr. Syedow, where do you see a woman fig? I cant spot her...

Wow. I just notice how much the skeleton horde looks like Megabloks.

I... Love... 2oo7...

*BAD JOKE ALERT*

Well there's only one of me, sorry.

The new arms were necessary though, to be able to hold weapons.

Yup, that's why I suggested they keep the original arm with a "clip" added on. And I pretty much agree with you on all counts. 2007 is looking to be a promising year!

Mr. Syedow, where do you see a woman fig? I cant spot her...

Err, that's a woman trapped in that bone basket contraption, aye?

The new arms were necessary though, to be able to hold weapons.

Not only that, I think they needed to change the arms to make them more sturdy. My kids love the skeletons. But the arms always coming off. When there are skeleton arms scattered across the LEGO table, I know my daughters were playing!

-- Bryan

The Dragon possesses no Bionicle pieces, period. Entirely sculpted molds.

I don't know why you guys hate the dragon. He's made of more pieces than the original Fright Knights Dragon, but less than the Vikings Dragons. If anything, the FK Dragon was more <insert that tiresome argument>. If you want a complicated Dragon, throw this one out and put a Vikings one in.

Seriously, this isn't about mythical creatures. The line is "Castle" and that's what they're giving us. Adding Dragons in was to flesh out the medieval look.

I definitely want that Skeleton carriage. Looks spiky and creepy. The Dark Castle, I guess, is supposed to be ominous. If you put that on the side of a mountain, it's going to look creepy. By the looks of it, though, Ogel-Wizard doesn't expect anyone to try to breach it. The big fight will most likely take place on the Good Castle end.

Upon further inspection, I really have come to like that Good Castle. With the addition of an inner court, that thing would be great! I'm guessing it will be hollow inside, though. Some nice outer wall pieces, though.

The Skeletons of the past would be unable to hold those weapons, hence the arm change. Smart move by Lego, in my eyes. At least we didn't get ripped off and found them sporting Exo-Farce... sorry, Exo-Force robot arms.

And about those firing mechanisms... they look way better than the fictional KK2 and KK3 catapults. Horse mounted catapults? No, we've got accurate wheeled-crossbows and boulder-throwers.

So, yeah... I'd say we're looking good.

I wonder who is in that cage. I hope its a good figure, maybe a princess?

Steve

So, yeah... I'd say we're looking good.

Amen to all that you said, Darkness. ;-)

I think that the best part about this theme is that, dragon aside, this theme has basicly no junorization period! It's all basic bricks and slopes, clasic castle walls and turrets, and tons of other great pieces. ;-)

And, I agree, this isn't really CC, but it's still pretty darn close to being it, if you ask me. Another bold yet great step in the right dirrection, TLC! *y*

Err, that's a woman trapped in that bone basket contraption, aye?

I don't know, that would be logical but you can't really tell for sure.

I wonder who is in that cage. I hope its a good figure, maybe a princess?

Steve

Yes, indeed.

Nice nice nice! Finally a picture of the new castle theme! I think this is a great improvement over the jelly beans. I love the cain mace weapons *wub*....

But are the new skeleton arms straight? Why is that, i think thats not very handy for making nice poses..

I'm looking forward to more pictures! :-P

This here was posted in a thread in the general LEGO forum, but I'll ask about it here too. This link;

http://www.kostky.org/ceny2007.htm

Has the (preliminary?) names of the '07 castle sets. I would like to know;

A. Is this written in Czeck or Slovok? Or is there very little difference?

B. Can anyone here read these?

Now, if the did this with pirates, that would make my year!! *pirate*

Tell me about it! :-D

Since I wrote them, I can read them ;-)

They're slovak, as the preliminary info I got was in slovak pricelist. I'm going to fix that soon. What are you interested in?

i think this new theme looks pretty good *sweet* .

i like how they've returned the classic style of swords on the "human" side. They're much better looking than the jellybean swords!

i like the skeleton swords too! and the new skeletons. now they can hold weapons too.

i might actually have to buy a castle set for the first time in almost five years. :-)

Right now I feel very satisfied by what I see. Of course, the castle is not as much detailed as the real classic

ones, but it looks by far more superior than the KK sets. And those MFs and Skeletons are absolutely beautiful.

But the most important thing, at least IMO, is that I simply love this single picture we already have.

What I mean is that I start dreaming by looking at it.... I feel like being back in my childhood, and I want these

sets and I want to play ( :-$ ) with them. It tells a story to me and stimulates my fantasy in the same way as pictures of sets from the golden age and that

And the best of it: If this will sell as

good as I think that it could, we should be able to get more of it.... :-)

I hope so! I would like to see some sub-themes like the forestmen and the wolve pack! *wub*

Damn i want that chain weapon! :-D

But the most important thing, at least IMO, is that I simply love this single picture we already have.

What I mean is that I start dreaming by looking at it.... I feel like being back in my childhood, and I want these

sets and I want to play ( :-$ ) with them. It tells a story to me and stimulates my fantasy in the same way as pictures of sets from the golden age

I agree. I can't say how much I love the new move back to diorama brochures. This would make a great poster to hang on your wall.

Steve

Since I wrote them, I can read them ;-)

They're slovak, as the preliminary info I got was in slovak pricelist. I'm going to fix that soon. What are you interested in?

Oh, you wrote this? (<<rhetorical question<<) I would like to know the english names of the new castle sets, that's what this thread is about after all! Could you please post a translation for all of us?

These are not translations, but original english names.

7090 Crossbow Attack

7091 Knights Catapult Defense

7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage

7093 Skeleton Tower

7094 King's Castle Siege

not sure about this:

7009 The Final Joust

it's not present in Czech pricelist, maybe it'll come later?

These are not translations, but original english names.

7090 Crossbow Attack

7091 Knights Catapult Defense

7092 Skeletons' Prison Carriage

7093 Skeleton Tower

7094 King's Castle Siege

not sure about this:

7009 The Final Joust

it's not present in Czech pricelist, maybe it'll come later?

Well, going by those names, it looks as if Crossbow Attack will be a decent way to beef up one's supply of Kettle helms. I just hope that we get a decent quantity of minifigs to go with these sets. Crossbow Attack looks like it probably only includes a single soldier. I suspect that the Catapult will probably be similar, with one or two figs. I'm liking the minifigs, but I am concerned that getting alot of these guys will be extremely pricey!

I hope that the Final Joust (if it is a set) is an army builder. At this point, I would really like a new faction to freshen up my MOCs, but this line looks to expensive for minifig collecting.

Ah so they're like general battle sets. I was hoping for something more creative, original, interesting, like a street scene or a cave (problably bad exaples) or something...

Although they still look like good sets. Problably better than the last castle lines.

wow this is really nice... love the skelleton army.

those horses will make a nice addition to the GHOST TOWN wild west sub-theme ;-)

- BrickMiner

Looks like another good step in the right direction, like the new town sets. Still a bit &lt;insert that tiresome argument&gt;, but getting much better.