BearHeart

New 2007 Castle Theme!!

I love it it looks to be a lot better than the The Kights kingtom sets, and I like how the lego is making

new wepones for the minifiguers.

OMG! I missed that the castle looks old school style. It looks as if it opens like the good old ones. Maybe we can expect addon sets like the blacksmith and so on. That would be awesome and also quite ruining for me.

KimT

He he know what you mean Kim.. And yes its looks like it can do like the old castle's.. I did not think about blacksmith etc... great thought kim he he hope so.

Skeleton/Knight battlepack would be cool

Looks quite good...Better then I expected

* It really look like the prototype (the skellie faces are stickers on the pic)

*yoda*

I hope it is! The torsos of the Knights also look like stickers!

This skeletal horse revelation is very interesting.

The prototype is this Brickshelf folder:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46883

And the title of the folder is

NELUG/06-16-03 /

So the prototype has been kicking around since before June of 2003. This gives you an ideas as to how long it takes to flesh out a new theme that includes new parts and molds.

I'm not a member of NELUG (or any LUG for that matter). So I don't know anything about the contents of the user's folder. I just remembered that horse piece and the LUGNET speculation around it.

LUGNET thread

-- Bryan

WHOA! I just died and went to heaven!

This is just awesome! Return of the broadsword, the neck-protector helmet and skeletons en masse!

A new (cool looking) crown-faction, too...

Damn I want this. And it's better in the onset than KK2 EVER was. When is this line due? Summer 2007? I hope for it!

Back after a long absence,

Cutty

This is astounding! For me it looks like good old classic castle is in the saddle again!

Look at this! A Black Skeleton King! I can

This skeletal horse revelation is very interesting.

The prototype is this Brickshelf folder: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=46883

You know what ? I totally forgot about that pic *wacko* I remember seeing it some time ago and I thought it would be so great if TLC decided to make it and...VOILA !!

So this answers the question: its a mold horse ;-)

I am so glad that TLC went totally old school with this theme (like city) !! Way to go !!!!

*yoda*

Well... it's hardly classic castle. From what I am seeing the main castle building is made out of alot of very large pieces.

Certainly, though the look is better than KK3 or KK2, and we finally have real knights and weaopns again.

The evil castle is teh bleh, and the dragon is a waste of ABS and packaging material.

It's not as good as it could have been, not as bad as I expected, and if you look at the overall trend between 2004, 2005, 2006, and next year, I am encouraged.

Well... it's hardly classic castle.

And somehow I'm glad it isn't. Although a reprise of the ancient factions in a tournament-set would be nice.

The evil castle is teh bleh, and the dragon is a waste of ABS and packaging material.

Evil castle is evil. For that skull design I say blame the Classic-Spacers because of their 3vil inspirations. I rather find it to be a fertile addition for any owners of Vladek's castle or the Prison-Tower set.

The dragon looks most cool, yet I don't quite figure out why wiz-Ogel would employ an army of skellies AND have a pet-dragon of all things.

Therefore I plead for more "alivish" evil subordinates.

Hey that's a great find sam! And a very nice Castle, too (the good-guys one I mean :-P )

Finally almost no KK stuff - if I can spare any money for it this castle will possibly bring me into the castles line once again *y*

Really like the minifigs, too even as I don't like skeleton armys in general *y*

Looking forward to '07 !!!

Vaders_son

Well... that Dragon looks like it will come along with that 3vil... oops, I mean evil castle. If you're looking at the two castles, the evil one looks smaller, so it would make sense to add a Dragon to it.

Speaking of the Dragon, I'm glad Lego at least went to a simpler build. They became very complex with Viking's Dragons, so it's looking better.

But man... if I can get those skeletons in bulk... I'd love to have an army of them. Though I do miss the old skeletons, I see this as a welcome change, if they're supposed to be undead.

Seriously, though... I think this is Alpha Team Castle. Ogel-Wizard? Weird Faces? Looks familiar.

I'll definitely buy at least one of these sets. ^^

King Jayko wakes up one day to realize that his castle and knights were suddenly better! He gazes out the window to see an army of non-flamboyantly-colored soldiers awaiting his command! Just when he thinks this day can't get any better, he watches as a force of undead beings appears on the horizon, controlled by a sorcerer...

"Wait, so it's not Vladek this time?" He asks himself gleefully. His only reply is a molded Dragon dropping from out of the sky and dive bombing his troops, who respond in a logical manner by fighting back!

Jayko hops up and down excitedly. "SCORE!"

i'm with Gyl on this one. the old sword is back, the minifigs look good, but the castle is a disappointment, especially after the release of the semi classic castle of this year, or the year before, but maybe it has all sorts of details inside... i was also hoping for brown spears, not these grey ones, or the viking styled axes would have been cool as well...

in all i'm not really impressed, it's a lot better than KK, but it lacks the sophicated style of the castle era or the viking theme.

There is too much talking without actually seeing things. The only 'large' part is the gate top (same one as in Morcia). The rest are 'classic' castle walls, turrets, corners and lots of arches and bricks. This is much more classic than the KK1 like 10xxx castle from this year.

Im a Castle Guy and im happy... Yes there could always be improvements, but still years of this theme to come..

I just have to say that all around this is the most promising castle I have seen since the Black Monarchs. I would actually pay full price. I bought a few things of KK2 on sale and never really liked them enough to buy more, even on clearance!

I am personally excited for these, no more goofy swords, and goofy colors.

The dragon is a let down, it looks like the same dragon style as the Harry Potter dragon..... :-X

The skeleton change is nice, no more flimsy arms.

I really really hope this not some big hoax.

wow this is cool. I'll bet that those skeleton horses will be used as thestrals if lego makes more harry potter sets