BearHeart

New 2007 Castle Theme!!

A scythe? Where? I didn't see one, but this IS a small screen. could someone post a pic with it circled? Thanks.

This might be helpful:

castle.7093.zwaart.1.jpg

Very much so! Thanks!

As for the piece...it's nice. it'll be nicer in person, I just hope it doesn't go the way of the viking warhammer. The one thing about the scythe is that it's a very inefficient weapon though

I already have +100 *skull* for my army. With this theme I could take over the world!!! *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull* *skull*

But a very useful tool for use civilian builders.

Steve

Maybe, but this will ruin my whole backstory of my Necromancer's manipulation of a false Death to gain access to an ancient sword :-P

Thx again for the pics, Christian.

All right, here are my final thoughts.

The dragons are definetly too <insert that tiresome argument>, probably as much as the Harry Potter 4 one., but, maybe LEGO will take a hint and make new designs.

The castle...

WOW! This castle is ten times better than last years. I've been wanting a castle like this for a long time, and the drawbidge and catapults are nice too. Definately a set I will get.

The carriage.

This carriage looks a bit like the one in KK2, but much more improved with the ghost horses and spikes. I'm also glad to see a brown horse. YAHH!

Evil dude's castle. This has been the best bad guy castle yet(except Vladeks Dark Fortress. That set rocks.).

The prison cell is similar to the Scorpion Prison cave one, but much better and hopefully not as badly put together. I'm getting this one too for sure.

The skeletons

I love these new skeletons, but they're weapons are definately the best yet(IMO). I'm seeing a scythe, mace, a couple of spears, some regular sword, and If I'm not mistaken the short sharper ones seem to be machetes. Definately awesome.

And the greatest improvement of all are the catapults(not my fav. thing though.). The new ones are almost actual sized, not WAY too big, or those dumb horse catapults, but just about the right size. The spear shooter looks absolutely fantastic, very original for lego.

All in all, I am very excited about this new castle theme. I will most likely get all of them.

Did any one else catch the new lightning bolts in set 7093? I don't know if anyones mentioned them, but i just noticed them.

now i know i havent posted here in quite a while, and many of you have probably been wondering, wheres cleese? And saying things like i miss cleese and his wonderful sense of humor. Whiule the reason why i stopped posting here lately is because upon finding that there were (and still are) no new sets at the stores in my city, Some idiot is obviously to blame for this. Hence i generally lost interest as i recieved no new lego for christmas, so i went back to board game design and boardgame collecting, my other hobby. However i have been lurking around to see any leaked informatioon and i have to say that if i actually get the opportunity to buy any of these sets and the idiot who is to blame for my rather uneventful christmas comes to his senses then my interest will definately be regained.

Looking at these sets i can see lego has recognized our issue with juniorization and decided to consider the AFOL community in designing these sets. The theme is well done and is remminescent of KK1 the 2000 edition, which in my opinion was actually a pretty good theme. I like the creativity that was put into this theme, Instead of similar fortification after fortification and edifice after edifice, the designers havent held back in putting there own creative twist on the theme, with a skull head gate, skeleton horses and even that barricade the skeleton is hiding behind in the catapult set is an example of some creative aspects to this line. I can only say ill be looking forward to these sets withn great anticipation, which i think we all are.

Ps: I promise to do my best to try to endeavour to post here more often and complement builders on their MOC's more often.

I'm so excited about these sets I accidentally peed a little at my desk...

now i know i havent posted here in quite a while, and many of you have probably been wondering, wheres cleese?

John Cleese is an AFOL?! Cool!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Did any one else catch the new lightning bolts in set 7093? I don't know if anyones mentioned them, but i just noticed them.

I hadn't noticed them, or rather just thought they were photoshop effects. Now, however, they look like there are actual pieces under there. They look interesting. Hope they aren't crappy.

Steve

Much better then all the crappy castles from the ninetees with raised baseplates.

Just hope that you don't speak about the beginning of the 90's, because, we have nice castle in raised baseplates, like the second blcak knights castle, dragon knights and the big and beautifull lion knights castles.

Anyway.

I will think that the fact a girl appears in a set will make more noise! It's a long time that TLC doesn't give us a minifemale! Just one girl for all those boys, it will have some competiton to save her from the squelettons :-D

Honestly, I'm going to end up doing a lot of bartering and trading this year to get rid of those skeletons. I was hoping that one set would be devoid of these guys, but it looks like I'll have to trade them away. It will make collecting those Knights VERY, VERY expensive!

I must say, I like the inclusion of a FEMALE minifig more than anything else. Too bad the only thing I want are the minifigs. I really hope this unseen set (probably Toys R Us exclusive or something) is exclusively good guys.

How about we organize some sort of trade whereby those of us who dislike the new skeletons can trade them for the old ones?

I'm up for trading any new skeletons I get for the old ones, in a one for one trade,

Steve

And we have a picture of the main castle too :):

Finally, A castle with more than just a front to it, that you can actually put people in and defend. It Actually has some playability, rather than just for looks.

Yep... this new castle line is way better than the recent crap... looking a lot like Diablo, what with the undead and skeletons and like... :-D >:-) *skull*

Finally, after wierd swords, wierd helmets and wierd colours, they did so many things that I love! This includes:

-Metallic OLD swords

-Metallic cone helmets

-Metallic POINTED visors

-Return of the king's greatsword

-Skeleton army

-Skeleton horse

-Skeleton shield (both circular and ovoid!)

-Morning star.

I actually like the zombie-like heads of the other pic, I can give to the skeletons the evil skull face, so I have spares of them to use for something other. Still....I can finally make a huge skeleton army!

Shakar

I'm pondering wether to get any of these when they come out, i'm only aloud to get small sets for this type of thing.

Hmm, Mars mission or castle? Even better, both!

Cheers m'deers! *skull*

Optimax.

If you look at the Star Wars page, in the same gallery, the AT-ST driver is different from the one in the official set. No glasses. I wonder how accurate that picture is?

Steve