BearHeart

New 2007 Castle Theme!!

The castle has a lot of large pieces (definately not classic). What's with the tall back tower. It looks like it's not complete.

The skeletons look good and the knight in shining armor the best. I actually like the dragon. I like the more molded pieces rather than the Bionicle-looking Viking creatures.

I have mixed views. I suppose that I would just say that it's not Classic, but definately a step above KK.

Here's a bigger pic of the castle -CLICK ME!

Man I love that castle. It looks and maybe even smells like the old classic castles. A few more BURPS, but hey it'll do for now. Can't wait to get my hands on this *wub*

that'll do *sad*

KimT

Here's a bigger pic of the castle -CLICK ME!

Someone should post that pic on EB. It's small enough (barely)

hmm maybe i will.

castle2007prototype.jpg

I think it may be one of the best castles ever. I don't see any burps. So either they're not in this set or they're well hidden. Definetely going to see about buying this set instead of SW.

I think the dragon looks pretty good. I can't stand technic/bionicle creatures like with the vikings :-X .

I'm very curious about the piece count if it's 100 euro.

This being a PROTOtype pic, the castle looks great... keep the castle like that... and use the Minifigs from the firt pic i say :-P ;-)

I think it may be one of the best castles ever. I don't see any burps. So either they're not in this set or they're well hidden.

My understanding of the acronym BURP was big ugly rock piece? (though i havent checked up on acronyms for years, but thats what it used to stand for! ) if that is right then you may need glasses. on both sides of the front gate are BURPS... though i have heard the term used for just large pieces that could be made with smaller pieces... and i think there are some noticeable pieces that fit that description also. Like the tower that juts from the main tower... its one piece it looks like... but.... there are a lot less giant pieces than was expected!

Old front grill piece for the Knights helmet... tonnes of old castle pieces, decent amount of figs!!

I love this set... but I bet the real version will suck alot. I hope not.

My understanding of the acronym BURP was big ugly rock piece? (though i havent checked up on acronyms for years, but thats what it used to stand for! ) if that is right then you may need glasses. on both sides of the front gate are BURPS... though i have heard the term used for just large pieces that could be made with smaller pieces... and i think there are some noticeable pieces that fit that description also. Like the tower that juts from the main tower... its one piece it looks like... but.... there are a lot less giant pieces than was expected!

I had always thought of these as burps:

2552px4.jpg6261px1.1076285480.jpg

While these i considered to be mountain pieces:

6083.png6082.png

I don't mind these cause they're pretty easy to integrate into large castles.

I didn't know others considered all of these as BURP's.

now i know.

This castle is so-so for me.

*n* Fisrt, I hate the dragon, it's a duplo-playmo one, like those :-X dino! I prefer the vikings one (even if they are too bionicll(ish, they look more like lego ones than the new one. And why TLC don't use the dino from the harry potter set, the brown one? It's nice, non -bionicle one, with a lego feeling)

Second, I don't find that there are a lot of minifig, just 3 defenders, 1 king and 1 knight with 1 horse... The time has come... (you will see what I mean soon...)

And fird, I dislike those golden pieces in a castle...

*y* The castle has a nice design, even if it looks like it's not totally close (is it a wall on the left side?) and seems to be big enought. And the minifigs have old accessories :'-)

Just wait and see it in real...

Over on Classic-Castle Rayhawk wrote

As for the 2007 stuff itself -- without going into detail, I am just about as excited as possible about the new line. These are sets I would have killed for when I was a kid. I wish I could be more specific, but I think a whole lot of the complaints in this thread will be resolved once people get the actual models and elements in hand instead of having to make guesses based on blurry jpegs.

That is part of his post on page 9 of this thread http://www.classic-castle.com/forum/viewto...=9046&start=120

Sounds very promising to me :'-)

While these i considered to be mountain pieces:

6083.png6082.png

I don't mind these cause they're pretty easy to integrate into large castles.

Not to get off topic, but I always heard these "mountain pieces" referred to as BURPS.

Looks like the set has a few of the 2x4x6 two-tone rocks. I kinda like these. There's a few of them found in Gargoyle Bridge.

Thanks to Jindroush for some more great news! Front Page worthy I'd say.

I'm so happy about the revival of the old armor and weapons but I'm not so sure about those bichrome BURPs.

I wonder why all the castle news is coming from The Czech Republic. S@H doesn't even ship there. 8-|

I wonder why all the castle news is coming from The Czech Republic. S@H doesn't even ship there. 8-|

I think because there is a factory there....

I think because there is a factory there....

Hmmmmm...........

It appears you are right. Recently it was expanded to handle one third of the manufacturing, the rest is all done in Mexico.

Yet I hear it is very difficult to get sets in Mexico. (This fellow named Gusmoore whines alot about how he needs to construct his own makeshift KK sets)

I wonder why the skeletons in the prototype set have the current skull head.

I wonder why the skeletons in the prototype set have the current skull head.

I'm thinking that the second photo actually predates the first. Both look heavily photoshoped, however the second one has some elements that lend me to believe that this picture is still quite early. For example, the suspended Knight is wearing what is obviously a powder-blue kettle helmet, and his torso appears to be one of the Viking prints, rather than the new heraldry we've seen in the previous photograph. The Lion barding is also suspect, considering that the print appears different in the other photo. Afterall, it would only make sense that the barding should match the heraldry of the rider.

So while this is likely indicative of the final product, I suspect that this photo is still a prototype. The other photo, with its photoshoped figs, and newer prints is probably a stronger indication of what the final minifigs will look like (and even then, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw further changes with an official catalog scan).

This castle looks great! I hope they don't change it to much for it's final release. Maybe I would even buy it. My first castle set in over fifteen years! Much better then all the crappy castles from the ninetees with raised baseplates. I too dislike the dragon but i guess it can't be helped it still a childs toy

Oh Alex I count six good guys and four baddies. Isn't that a good amount?

I'm rather excited about this new theme. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though, because it seems that the prototypes are always better then the actual products.

First of all, I need to ask why all the news happens while I'm away :'-(

Okay, this line looks like it's gonna be fun. Personally I loved the old skelly design, the loose arms were fine, and well suited to a SKELETON. however the new ones can be just "undead", and have a reason to be stiffer :-P

As for those prototypes, I actually made a threat a LONG time ago about the clear fig and horse, asking if anyone knew where I could buy the prototypes (since someone had them). I ended up almost joining NELUG, where the man who took those pictures was a member. These are old, remember, and I doubt we'll see the trans figs (which I want like you have no idea), and I still haven't seen a close up of the horse, but they look similar enough to be related. Again, remember that they are OLD pics, and might be a little different in actual sets. I just hope they maintain their mobility *wub*

I also prefer the normal grey shortswords, integrating a new color will ruin my army! Unless for my BlackFalcon faction I can have they use the pearl...ah well.

The maces look stiff, I sure hope they're not, they need to be on chain links and not stuck together or I'll be one angry owner of like 50 of them. It's too megabloky. Same for the dragon, absolutely pathetic. It looks too goofy and unrealistic. The old sets all had this charm of realism, even the mythical dragons. They tried to make them look like real animals. Not so much with this. Ah well, I'll just hope for new faces, and buy a bunch of old style skellies on bricklink before the price goes through the roof.

They're going in a good direction here. I can only pray the space line does as well.

The maces look stiff, I sure hope they're not, they need to be on chain links and not stuck together or I'll be one angry owner of like 50 of them. It's too megabloky. Same for the dragon, absolutely pathetic. It looks too goofy and unrealistic. The old sets all had this charm of realism, even the mythical dragons. They tried to make them look like real animals. Not so much with this. Ah well, I'll just hope for new faces, and buy a bunch of old style skellies on bricklink before the price goes through the roof.

It would make sense if TLC decided to go the one-piece-mold route. Otherwise it

I didnt see any post about this update, but it seems that the website, which also has the pic of the Castle, has 2 more pics now.

7090n1.jpg

7091n1.jpg

Update:

a pic of 7093 has now appeared, too.

7093n1.jpg

OH my!!! OH!!!OH!!! X-O

i am so ecxited about these sets!!! X-O

seems like im going to get something from this line this year!!! *wub*

i havent bought anything from castle in about 10 years!!!

please pay attention to the smiling face at the first box!!! this is SO GOOD!!!

i just hope this isnt just a prototype and then in the actually box he will be angry again!!!

the princess is also smiling!! and from what i can see she looks lovely!!

im not so mad about the skull castle...seems to bulky

but the whole idea is great and the sets look really good!

now im hoping to see the carriage of the skeletons!! (looked great in the first pic) *y* *y*