Merkal

Modular Madness: Butcher / Pizzeria

indexed.gif B-OM-33A

Hello Everyone, Just in time for the closing date I could finish my entry for the third category, classic modular buildings. It's a butcher shop, although you can't really tell from the outside as I couldn't come up with a design for a sign I was happy with.

It's just after 6 in the evening so the butcher and his assistant are closing up for the day. The pizzeria next to him is preparing for a busy night as thier hungry customers are waiting for their dinner.

Both buildings together. A suit and delivery man are enjoying the view from the terras.

7678691438_4342cab6f7.jpg

DSC00424 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

With the roofs removed the bedroom of the butcher shop and the kitchen + office of the pizzeria are seen.

7678689846_6b80772781.jpg

DSC00425 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

Close-up of the pizzeria kitchen. Baking oven, prep table, counter and office space.

7678688538_94f8515ebe.jpg

DSC00426 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

The butcher's kitchen is made up by a counter complete with kitchen cabinets, bar with drawers, dinner table with matching chairs and a fridge.

7678687078_565275b58b.jpg

DSC00427 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

Pizzeria first floor dining area with stairs and door leading to balcony. The restaurant has more on their menu then pizzas alone, as seen on the photo below.

7678685916_593ca54371.jpg

DSC00428 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

The butcher and his assisted are cleaning up and taking the meat back into the fridge. Inside the pizzeria a tourists wait fortheirdrinks at the bar.

7678684798_6b6fd4a39c.jpg

DSC00429 by merkal_kahil, on Flickr

Very nice interior 'Merkal', but exterior shots eh ? :wink:

There are some on his Flickr :wink:

Lots of nice details! My favorites are the floor pattern in the butcher shop, the couch in front of the TV, and the kitchen counter area :thumbup:

Good work :classic:

As lightningtiger mentioned, I'm sure people would appreciate exterior shots when it comes time to voting. Please edit some into your first post. Thanks. :classic:

As nice as this building is, wouldn´t there be a problem with the width? The rules state that any entry must be 32x32, and yours is 16x32. Personally, I don´t have a problem with it, beacause I think it´s a proper modular building, bu maybe you could put another 16x32 next to it to comply.

Very nice interior 'Merkal', but exterior shots eh ? :wink:

Sorry about that, I included an interior photo by mistake. I'll correct it.

As nice as this building is, wouldn´t there be a problem with the width? The rules state that any entry must be 32x32, and yours is 16x32. Personally, I don´t have a problem with it, beacause I think it´s a proper modular building, bu maybe you could put another 16x32 next to it to comply.

Yes of course, didn't think about that. The building was 16 x 16 studs when I started. But at some point I wanted a cool cell to store the meat and since there was plenty of empty space at the back that looked very inviting to do something with it came natural to add a bit.

I do I have an another building on a 16 x 32 base plate I can add.

So do you think I should edit the opening post? Or should I re-enter both buildings together in the contest?

So do you think I should edit the opening post? Or should I re-enter both buildings together in the contest?

Please edit the opening post and present your two buildings as one (32 x 32 studs) entry. If you want the title of the topic changed, let a member of the Town staff know by posting in this topic (or by PM).

Please edit the opening post and present your two buildings as one (32 x 32 studs) entry. If you want the title of the topic changed, let a member of the Town staff know by posting in this topic (or by PM).

OK thanks for the help. I edited the opening post to match the new content. Can the topic title to changed to Modular Madness Butcher / Pizzeria