Myko

Modular Madness: Terrace Apartments / Barbershop

Thank you so much for the feedback and commentary everyone! Very glad you liked it! :D

Edited by Myko

Like everyone else has said, really great stuff. The terrace apartment are just so great, really makes for a unique build.

Another great building. The use of 'brick' brick is great and adds nice detailing to the facade. I like some of the details inside. The use of white beard is great for mimicking the shaving foam. Good luck in the contest!

Awesome MOC. :thumbup:

I love all the details and the color scheme you used. The fire hydrant is a clever mini build. I think I like the terrace feature the best, nice use of the new brick mold.

This was a very impressive build. I am amazed at the color scheme working so well together and I love the roof balcony area above the barbershop.

This is easily in my top picks for the contest (behind mine, of course :wink:).

There is some really tough competition in this contest. It will be hard to vote when the time comes.

Good luck.

This is a pure beauty. :cry_happy:

I hope you win. Good luck. :thumbup:

I fell in love with it from the sight of the fire hydrant :wub:

I really like the front all the different sized storeys. Are there any furnishings in the appartment?

Congratulations on a well deserved win :sweet:. You've done some amazing work on this.

See it on Classic-Town.net

I really like the front all the different sized storeys. Are there any furnishings in the appartment?

No, I find interiors very hard and kind of boring to build, so I decided to focus my efforts on the barbershop.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and for all the kind words. I'm really happy to have won! :)

Edit: Woah thanks for the nice blog Cecilie!

Edited by Myko

I assume that in addition to this being a modular that it is also a stackable. Do you have any photos of the different modules.

I know this is a long time ago nd it may not exit anymore. I often think of building a modular - stackable with attributes like this.

Andy D

Add me to the list of "glad this thread got bumped". This remains one of my all-time favorites. Someday I plan to build a terraced multi-level stackable modular.

Andy D

Haven't been to EB for a long while, cheers for the comments guys!

Andy - If by stackable I assume you mean if the floors separate like the regular modulars? If so, yes they do. I don't have any pictures of the separate sections and this is packed up right now. Might be able to snap some in the future.

On a separate note, my mom has made a quilt of this, I think it turned out really well:

10555938155_3dbaed4652_z.jpg

Quilt by Myko-, on Flickr

Pretty cool! I like uneven outside architecture and barrel on the top. Interior have some nice details too.

yes i have to agree with most members - your moc is beautifuland w0uld look great next the new lego modular PR. The best thing about your design is it will inspire a lot of us to build.

That quilt and you're amazing, beautiful design, are a nice pair. I admire some of your building techniques and design you have going in your MOC building. Definitely makes it more "show-worthy" having your MOC underneath that quilt.