psyche

Modular Madness Girls' Street

indexed.gif B-OM-32D

:classic: Hello!

This is my entry for the Modular Madness Contest! An entire building where women can make their dreams come true!

First floor: a jewelry specialized in diamonds. Second and third floor: a beauty saloon with its hairstylist and a massage centre with its sauna.

One thing which I'm particularly proud of are my American style windows :blush:

This is my first entry on eurobricks ever, so plz be kind!

B9qZzCr9_original.jpg

The front!

kXQwhHW5_original.jpg

From another point of view!

U2XJTEI+_original.jpg

The back!

t60T8U1x_original.jpg

Jewelry!

u1mDUiry_original.jpg

Hairstylist!

Here's the link to my other photos on Flickr!

Hope you like it!

Edited by Phred

:wub: Great work Psyche. I am stuned by the front and back of the building. The interior is very nice and i hope you don't mind i "borrow" the items on the first floor for my modular interpetation of Sarahs beautyparlor.

I wish you luck with the contest

I really like the snotted sliding windows. Quite an intersting technique you've used.

That is really a great building! The front is brilliant! :thumbup:

... Except ...

I don't like the use of the new brick brick. I would rather have seen normal dark orange bricks instead,

but that is my personal taste.

The rest is really, really good. I like the use of the dark brown and reddish brown in the facade, and the wood paneling in the shop.

Oh, and Welcome to Eurobricks!

Edited by Vincent Kessels

... Except ...

I don't like the use of the new brick brick. I would rather have seen normal dark orange bricks instead,

but that is my personal taste.

I'm of two minds on this. I really like them when they are used sporatically, like on the new haunted house, but for sume reason they don't work as an entire wall face. Perhaps its because they are stacked right on top of eachother and you see long vertical lines every two studs. Perhaps staggering them one stud would fix that, but then you'd have one stud, every other row that would be regular. You'd have to cover those up with something as well.

Regardless, the dark green/dark flesh combo is great.

Edited by gotoAndLego

I really like the upper-most support structures. I may have to borrow that idea. I also like the lower cut-out in the rear.

The use of brick-bricks, while creative, may be overdone in this instance. Especially on the rear. I think the nougat color would work really well for a Modular building and I'm sure incorporating the brick-bricks will be done in the future, but not to that extent. I would look for something more structurally sound for the back facade. Adding in a bit more neutral colors (lt bley, dk bley, white) to offset the nougat color could work really well also. But that's just my opinion. The overall feel looks good and I think it would blend in with the street otherwise.

Good luck in the contest. Use this experience to keep on building.

I think the use of the brick brick is fine, you do see the seams, but it is somewhat camouflaged by the brick look. The facades look fantastic with the brick brick, and the windows are lovely as well. Nice use of the Diamond Shop and Verrick Street signs from the Spiderman set.

Nice use of the bricks (and boy you have a ton! :tongue: ), but the door on the front does look a bit odd (why does it have bars?). Like the front color scheme though :wink:

Another excellent entry....man, voting is going to be hard this time round ! :laugh:

A wonderful early 20th century/American city styled building, neat interior but it's the windows :thumbup: and the use of the brick-bricks which sell it ! :grin:

Good luck and Brick On 'psyche' ! :classic:

It's an excellent entry. The use of "brick" bricks for detail is excellent and I just love that green street sign. :wink: Good luck with future MOCs.

You've got an idea here that's different from all the rest, and for that you deserve praise. You've also done some great work on the detailing. I'm no huge fan of the rear wall, and the floors somehow look too tall (how tall is the building compared to the official modulars?). But the colours work very well, and those windows are among the best I've seen.

WOW! Excellent all around although I do find the front a little lacking in color (not design, mind you :wink: ). I can only begin to wonder how much brick-bricks there are :tongue:

Oh my...:drool:

Finally, a 'brick' brick building! Great looking facade, the dark brown 1x4 tiles are a nice break on the front. Those windows are impressive!

Well done, welcome and good luck!

Wow! I always wondered if it will look realistic of you make the entire wall using new masonry bricks - and, however it's very simply. it looks great!

Now I want to order a ton of them for building an "average" modern house)