snaillad

Modular Madness - The Evening Brick

indexed.gif B-OM-32C

Hello everyone.

Here is my entry into the Eurobricks Modular Madness contest.

This a modular corner office building which is the Headquarters of The Evening Brick Newspaper!

It took me ages to start due to trying to think of an original idea, and another project which I still had to suspend! :laugh:

I wanted to create an older styled building which was: A corner building, using a colour seldom used in the exterior of an official modular and that each floor had a different appearance.

7652429796_62e473a8ff_c.jpg

7652408028_a474df75cb_c.jpg

The Ground floor lobby houses a reception desk, waiting area for visitors and patterned floor.

7652380490_0b455d12b9_c.jpg

The First floor is the office of the journalists whom write for the paper. I made a 4 way desk with partitions to make the most of the space.

7652369500_822c65b46e_c.jpg

The Second Floor has the editors office, drinks sideboard :classic: and a receptionists desk.

7652333604_2c95c2b2a8_c.jpg

Many more pictures of the exterior and interior can be found at my flick page here

Comments always welcome!

Like the color scheme :wink: But what's the guy with teh broom trying to do with the fellow who feel asleap on the bench? Sweep him off? :laugh:

Excellent modular, the clock on the front is a cool touch :thumbup: I also like the floor pattern on the first story and the 4-way desk is really neat :classic:

A very stylish modular, from the colour scheme to the architecture and the interior.

I hate to say it. I don't need anymore competition. But this builds looks good. I like the color scheme (I considered doing dark green, but didn't have enough bricks). I like the overall shape of the building. It does seem simple in a few parts, but that adds to it. I love the interior flooring and the red-brown + dark brown stairs. I may have to borrow that idea sometime.

Very original idea.

Good luck. Voting will be difficult.

Nice colourscheme and I like the way you made the desks and the partitions.

On first sight it reminded me of "the Daily Planet".

Good luck in the competition.

Wow. I must say, there isn't one thing I dont like about your modular. The colors a fantastic, im very partial to dark green and tan. the interior is excellent as well. it flows so nicely.

good luck in the contest. you made a strong contender.

The choice of colours is great, and the architecture is really nice, as usual with your creations. I also like the fact that it's a corner building - there aren't too many of those. Regarding the interior, I love the reception desk, the railing on the staircase and the workspace for the journalists - being one myself I can relate to that kind of environment :) well done, and good luck!

I've always been a fan of your work, and this entry does not disappoint! You have such a unique style that even though this isn't a Deco building like most of your modulars, it still has a certain feel that is hard to pinpoint that is definitely yours. The interiors are brilliant - I really love the second floor with the seating area for the four journalists. Very retro, but in a good way.

Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Nice MOC! I like the fully-tiled interior! Another :thumbup: item is the 4-table work partition!

All the best!

Wow, Looks like this contest brings the best in all of us. What a fine looking building. I like the interior very much. Very nice use of colors. Very well done Snaillad. :thumbup::wub:*oh2*

This is really awesome! :classic: I like the straight architecture of this model!

The clock and the lobby are my favorit sections!

Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

I think that the colours you have chosen complement each other well and the details are excellent. :wink:

I really love this. I think it's the classic feel of it with the fantastic interior, colors, and of course the facade. :wub:

Good luck in the contest. :thumbup::classic:

Great entry snaillad! The building looks very nice, but the interior furniture is really appealing to me, I love those desks! I wouldn't mind giving them a try default_classic.gif

AWESOME modular, delightful exterior but beyond AWESOME interior....mega detailing - I :wub: it ! :grin:

Good luck with this wonderful creation and Brick On 'snaillad' ! :grin:

Like the color scheme :wink: But what's the guy with teh broom trying to do with the fellow who feel asleap on the bench? Sweep him off? :laugh:

:laugh: Of course! There is no loitering!

Nice colourscheme and I like the way you made the desks and the partitions.

On first sight it reminded me of "the Daily Planet".

Good luck in the competition.

Thanks! The daily planet was a bit of inspiration. But most of it comes from a bank in my home city built around 1901. Do you think it is a globe on top of the roof or something else? :wink:

I've always been a fan of your work, and this entry does not disappoint! You have such a unique style that even though this isn't a Deco building like most of your modulars, it still has a certain feel that is hard to pinpoint that is definitely yours. The interiors are brilliant - I really love the second floor with the seating area for the four journalists. Very retro, but in a good way.

Blogged on Brick Town Talk! :classic:

Cheers! I tend to use alot of cladding and offsetting. I guess it gives a slight texture to most of my 'streamlined' building facias. I used a fair bit of it here also.

Many thanks for the blog post! I check it out most days!

I really love this. I think it's the classic feel of it with the fantastic interior, colors, and of course the facade. :wub:

Good luck in the contest. :thumbup::classic:

Thanks! I tried many colour combinations before settling on one I was happy with and also what would fit in with the other modulars! I also spend alot of time fussing over my interior!

Many thanks for all the comments so far. I read them all! and best of luck to everyone else in the contest!