Sign in to follow this  
Clone-Cat

[MOC] Z-95 Headhunter

Cool MOC. I only remember this ship from the Tie Fighter game from the 90s - I blew up thousands of these :laugh: .

Excellent MOC. He is going for the clone variant. I think it looks great. I wanted to try to make one too but havent done it yet. Her is a pic of the cartoon one.

post-21754-13433243469947.jpg

Edited by jmagaletta

I think it looks a bit bricky.

The first shot, however, is pritty decent; it looks so slender :wub:

Wow, this is amazing! I like the brick build dome-thing in the middle, the shapings really nice. Great job!

My initial thoughts are that the wings are too thick, and the winglits at the front are far too big. Try using the winglits from the STAP perhaps.

I love the dome at the back it looks good brick built.

@ jmagaletta : thanks for the reference pic !

I like the build, but the bulge behind the engine is a bit 'blocky'. Maybe you could try using curved slopes with some snot techniques in order to get a smoother look. I did that on my Z95 (non-clone wars by the way):

12193404994_DISPLAY.jpg

Nevertheless, in all MOCs I've made, the back bulge of a Z-95 was one of the hardest nuts to crack...

Thanks for the reference picture jmagaletta, it changed my opinion about this MOC quite a bit. With the Expanded Universe version of the Z-95 still in my mind, initially the design of this MOC seemed quite a bit off to me. But after seeing the Clone Wars reference picture it all made a whole lot more sense! :laugh:

Great job Clone-Cat, i really like the sleek look of your fighter! :thumbup: However i think there are some fair points made in the constructive feedback given in the comments above. Compared to the reference picture the wings seem very wide, i think it would be more accurate to make them 2 or even 4 studs narrower. Also, Mr Man already gave a very good tip about the smaller winglets.

I think your approach to the reactor bulge behind the cockpit is quite interesting, and especially the creative way you incorporated the cone at the rear in your build made me smile. :sweet: But i have to agree that the bulge does look less smooth than the rest of the fighter. If you're thinking of reworking that area, the way pedro built the reactor bulge in his version of the Z-95 is quite simple but effective in my opinion, a similar approach might be worth considering.