WhiteFang

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8 poll

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8  

210 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite collectable minifigure inside series 8?

2. 2. What "are" your favourite LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series so far?

• 8683 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 1
    • 8684 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 2
    • 8803 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 3
    • 8804 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 4
    • 8805 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 5
    • 8827 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6
    • 8831 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 7
    • 8833 - LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 8
  3. 3. Are you tired of collecting the LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

4. 4. Will you like to see the LEGO Collectable Minifigures to be formally established as one of LEGO long-running product range?

5. 5. Do you think TLG is running out of design ideas on the LEGO Collectable Minifigures concept? (Total designs so far: 128 minifigs)

• Yes, I think TLG current designs is not appealing enough to excite me
    • No, I am confident that TLG will come out more new exciting designs in the future series

1. DJ
  2. Skier
  3. Cheerleader
  4. Businessman
  5. Football player
  6. Bavarian
  7. Cowgirl
  8. Diver
  9. Actor
  10. Conquistador
  11. Pirate
  12. Santa
  13. Alien queen
  14. Vampire manbat
  15. Evil robot
  16. Fairy

That's my order of preference. The vast majority of my Lego is town and city so I always go for contemporary minifigures first followed by historical and then fantasy if I have the funds or interest in the designs. I've never felt the urge to have every single collectible minifigure or armies of any particular one but I've bought several from each series and where it suited my plans I've bough several of an individual minifigure such as the Galactic patrol and Hazmat suit guy.

I'm not expecting this to be a long running thing. at some point Lego will end it and replace it with a different idea. Perhaps along the lines of CUUSOO where designs are submitted for voting and those that reach a certain number of votes are produced in special multi-packs. Or perhaps that's just wishful thinking as I loathe blind packaged products. I only ever buy my figures from Bricklink and Ebay. I can't be doing with chasing down what I want. if a minifigure costs more to buy it like I do then I just see it as paying for someone elses time in hunting the things down. I digress...

I really like all of the figures in this series, though I think the fairy could have been done better.

My favourite for the poll though, is the Alien Queen. I'm a big fan of AC and this fig just made my day when it was revealed.

I had to say the Conquistador because of his armour. Sure, gold is a bit intense, but it still is awesome, and will be useful to make numerous castle guards/soldiers/knights, and could blend into the LOTR theme well as Elven armour.

I'm unsure what my favourite series is, so I chose series 2, because that one had the Spartan, which is still probably my favourite from this theme.

I think they should continue this line, but when it gets to the point when we are just getting remakes in new colours, I think LEGO should put the effort put into this into different themes. But, as long as there are some really great figures, particularly warrior types, I'll keep buying.

I voted for the Pirate Captain, because it reminds me of the Pirate sets I had when I was a kid. Plus, the gold looks cool.

My favorite Series is 7, since it has a number of figures that I really like - Bagpiper, Galaxy Patrol, Viking Warrior, Black Knight, Ocean King, Aztec Warrior, and Tech Support. And I've found that I've army-built the most from that Series, as well.

My hope is that Lego continues the series with maybe two or three sets a year. Ideally, I'd like them to go all out with ideas and occasionally repeat certain designs. For example, I could see some of the sports figures in different color uniforms or maybe a Galaxy Partol figure with different color armor and an alternate weapon.

I really love the DJ. And the Pirate Captain... :classic:

d96f96d39391.jpg

Edited by warkill

I voted for the "Actor" as my favorite fig from S8, closely followed by the Vintage Diver and Conquistador. I primarily will select Historic figs first, followed by others. I still think Series 4 is my favorite series to date, then I would also add Series 2, 1 and 7. I would like LEGO to keep making new minifig designs and continue this theme for many years to come. It gives us great opportunities for figs that otherwise might not have been made. :cry_happy:

have I missed review of s8? I am searching, but too many results pop up...

I voted for the football player (one of two votes - ha!), but I know that is my own bias because I love the game. Others are probably better (ex. actor), but I have been waiting for the football player for so long I think I have talked myself into loving it before it even came out - also, the fairy, actor, and bat are the three I have yet to get and see in person. Maybe I will change my mind once I get my hands on the actor.

I voted for the football player (one of two votes - ha!), but I know that is my own bias because I love the game. Others are probably better (ex. actor), but I have been waiting for the football player for so long I think I have talked myself into loving it before it even came out/quote]

Well said-- I love that fit just because he IS a football player... Even though all told it's a pretty boring uniform design.

And yes-- you WILL change your mind once you get the actor!!

S6 is still my favorite overall so far.

I had to vote Man-Bat for S8. Wonderful figure, different enough from the Vampyre Castle version to both complement it AND allow for army-building them at at more reasonable price.

Bring on more monsters and fantasy figures! (Except that fairy. She is a huge disappointment)

The Actor is great and I hope to see that ruffle neckpiece used again by Lego in the future!

Series 8 is really good but series 4 is still my favorite, anyways my favorite in this series is the DJ and the Football Player (even if i don't like football at all). I can't wait to see more and i have a feeling that we are going to see more of the LCM Santa and i do like to see DJ clothes in different colors (like seeing his pants in Dark Gray ,shirt in a Dark Orange and hair in red with black headphone).

Not trying to be a mini mod, but there is no need to bump this topic from more than a year ago just to say that.

Edited by Sir Brickalot

Why not? He wanted to give his opinion on this series? Maybe he got them late or wasn't around when they first came out. It's not hurting anyone or taking away from the other threads. Your statement annoys me more than someone bumping an old thread.

I like it when people bump old threads because sometimes I to see sets I never knew existed or cool MOCs that were posted before I joined.

Edited by Super Goblin