Sign in to follow this  
friedchikenfairy

Friedchikenfairy's Purist Marvel Minifigures

Hello there! :sweet:

While I'm generally not a customizer, I decided to make an exception for the Marvel theme :thumbup: As awesome as the new Marvel minifigures are, I still get the feeling that something is missing from them. So, I decided to MOD them until I see fit :devil: Keep in mind that these are how I would see them, and they are not based on any specific version (except for the oines that I say are :wink: )

Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD

7639750062_597e49b9d1.jpg

:cry_happy: A no-nonsense hardcore soldier, no one dares mess with him.

I dare you, I double dare you! :laugh:

Agent Phil Coulson

7639754936_584eca9cf2.jpg

An unshakeable SHIELD agent, you can't trick him!

I think we need a timeout

The Invincible Iron Man/Tony Stark

7639755668_f1143aa1e5_c.jpg

Building his suit in an escape attempt, this playboy philanthropist eventually uses his suit for good :tongue:

Tank Missile!

Thor, God of Thunder and Loki, God of Mischief

7639752566_33f19c4b74_c.jpg

Although they are brothers, they are polar opposites

We were raised together. We played together. We fought together. Do you remember none of that?

I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who should have been king!

Captain America, the First Avenger

7639756378_7f735da9a1_z.jpg

Steve Rogers, a simple man, was given a serum to become Captain America!

Yeah. I punched out Adolf Hitler 200 times

The Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner

7639754190_066b9ff39d_c.jpg

A raging green monster, Bruce Banner can only hope to control the monster within.

HULK SMASH!

Hawkeye and Black Widow

7639751790_3ddaa70e1e_z.jpg

:wub: Although sent to kill her, Hawkeye opted to allow Black Widow to work for SHIELD :wink:

Before I worked for SHIELD, I ah - well, I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skill set. I didn't care whom I used it for, or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me. He made a different call.

The Amazing Spiderman

7639753356_06f0236019.jpg

When Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider, he was given the proportionate power of a spider. :wub:

With great power comes great responsibility

SHIELD Soldier

7639750946_be669e4c70_c.jpg

HURR

Well that's it for now! I hope to upload more within a week (Hopefully), so stay tuned and remember to eat your Fried Chicken! :devil:

Edited by friedchikenfairy

Their all nice, but I like captain America! Whos hair and what face is that?

Thanks Sologuy :classic: The face is Philip Swift's from POTC and the hair is Obi-Wan Kenobi's hair from Star Wars. :wink:

Thanks Sologuy :classic: The face is Philip Swift's from POTC and the hair is Obi-Wan Kenobi's hair from Star Wars. :wink:

Thanks, but a shame. I wasnt planning on buying whitecap bay. I guess I'll have to change that :blush::laugh: !

Sorry for the double post, but were there any other heads you tried and liked for captain Steve Rodgers?

Edited by sologuy369

Sorry for the double post, but were there any other heads you tried and liked for captain Steve Rodgers?

The Bruce Wayne/Loki head also worked out pretty well for Steve, although more serious looking. :classic::thumbup:

Okay thanks. One more question; is that obi won kenobi's hair from the CW or the new green Jedi interceptor?

This is my opinon: It's kind of sad how TLG did a better job on their DC minifigures than Marvel. I have always liked Marvel more than DC.

Back on topic now...Ones I like: Almost all of them. The Black Widow, Spiderman, and Cap especially. The sticker is also very creative and nice.

Ones I don't like: Ironman, mainly because I think the pauldrons don't look so good. I don't have that Ironman (I have the Toy Fair One :wub: I know, lucky me :wub: ) , so I don't know whether the helmet looks good or not. I also think Loki's face looks too creepy (It's just my opinon, I'm trying to find a fleshie face with a smirk), and Bruce is probably about 8/10. Perhaps Hawkeye would look better with the CMF S6 Sleepyhead's head.

Great job on most of them, I hope you make more soon (I'm eating fried chicken right now :sweet: )

Edited by Lightning Dragon

This is my opinon: It's kind of sad how TLG did a better job on their DC minifigures than Marvel. I have always likd Marvel more than DC.

. I also think Loki's face looks too creepy (I'm trying to find a fleshie face with a smirk),

Which wave, marvel 2012 or 2013?

And isn't Han solo known for his smirk :wink: . And Draco malfoy has a smirk too.

Edited by sologuy369

And isn't Han solo known for his smirk :wink: . And Draco malfoy has a smirk too.

Thanks! I'll take a look at those figs. Nobody likes Loki's current face.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

Ho...ly...Cow! These are the most accurate customs I've seen of these characters!

I love the sticker idea for Nick Fury, really creative. Thor's great. His shoulder padding is awesome. Hawkeye, Black Widow, Loki (his face), and Cap are all waaaay more accurate. Bruce Banner looks spot-on. I have no clue why you don't like him! I hope you don't mind if I use your Peter Parker idea? I loved the movie, and seeing it in Lego is fantastic. :classic: The S.H.I.E.L.D. soldier is probably the weakest of the bunch, but I'd still give it 8/10. 

Sorry for rambling on. They're just amazing, and I couldn't help it. :sweet: Awesome, awesome, AWESOME work! I hope you don't mind if I steal borrow your ideas. :laugh:

These are pretty good purist customs, well done! :thumbup:

What I liked: The S.H.I.E.L.D. Soldier (great use of the Galactic Patrol fig), Thor's shoulder piece (as broad as it should've been), Hawkeye's quiver (clever rubber band solution), Cap's Obi-Wan hair, Stark's Galactic Patrol head (even if not in the proper blue color), Loki's more evil maniacal expression and the small neat details like Banner's green flask and Coulson's teddy bear! :laugh:

On the other side, I'm not much a fan of Iron Man's shoulder cloth piece (it kinda looks out of place in the whole plastic metal look of the armor suit), Fury looks weird without the beard, and I feel a better hairpiece for Hawkeye would the CMS Sleepy Head hair.

Banner looks good to me (I also did the same hair-head combo, though I colored Anakin's hairpiece black). Your Coulson also looks good, and an alternative face might be Admiral Piett's head.

Overall, I really liked the simple but effective purist solutions that you did here. (Though not as far to say as purist customization is always better, I'd like to think that both purist and non-purist techniques can be effective when done properly :wink: ).

I love your Black Widow and Hawkeye. Although I probably would've changed his face too (just my personal preferences).

Part 2

To celebrate the (not so new anymore) movie, I have created four of my favorite Spidey villains this week :devil:

The Lizard

7657905932_fd4c5979c9.jpg

A scientist wanting to create a world without weakness, he exposed himself to a revolutionary strain that unfortunately changed him into the deadly Lizard

All these souls, lost and alone, I can save them!

Taskmaster

7657907716_e42f8f49cc.jpg

Able to replicate any attack, this former SHIELD agent is most deadly :grin:

His moves are simple, but the technology makes it difficult

Chameleon

7657907136_82d16bb43b.jpg

A master of disguise, no one can figure out his secrets :classic:

I am invisible because I am the same thing you look at every dreadful, dull day. I am the day before you realize everything has gone horribly, horribly wrong. I am the Chameleon.

Mysterio

7657906510_bf19560bee.jpg

An illusionist with a fish bowl as a mask, he eventually gains real power.:grin:

No "Pretending" necessary. I'm the man whose clothes you're wearing. Good lord. Did my thighs REALLY look that big in them? :laugh:

Well thats all for now. Expect more next week. :wink:

EAT YOUR FRIED CHICKEN!

Edited by friedchikenfairy

Nice new figs! It has barley been two days and you have your next batch. Nonetheless, they are great. I am unfamiliar with most of these, excluding The Lizard. I compared them to images I found on google and my favorite is Mystrio. He is spot on! The Lizard is too bad either!

Like "sologuy369" said, I was only familiar with The Lizard. So, like him, I looked the rest up. And I agree that Mysterio's the best of this batch! He's quite accurate. Good work once again, and I hope there's more to come! :thumbup:

Edited by purpleparadox

That's nice, I'd change Spidey's face though to one gloomier and he doesn't really use a camera in the new movie but he could be a crossover Spiderman from both films. :thumbup:

That's nice, I'd change Spidey's face though to one gloomier and he doesn't really use a camera in the new movie but he could be a crossover Spiderman from both films. :thumbup:

He uses the camera multiple times throughout the film! :wacko:

These are great! I'm really loving Chameleon and Taskmaster. :wub: Great work! :thumbup:

AH, Mysterio! You beat me to it! I'm gonna use a Sandy's bowl head thing for him. :wink:

Loverly figures, I really like the Lizard.

EDIT: Just saw your original batch. :wub: The Iron Man and the Thor idea works out perfect! I too didn't like Hawkeye's hair and did the same change on mine earlier. :laugh:

Edited by halfpenguinhalflego

You know you did a good job when someone can say they could name them without looking at the names. Lizardman was pretty easy. Taskmaster because you went with that skull was automatic. I think its the eyes because in the comics he's usually depicted with pupils. Mysterio was also easy because he has such a unique look, but I would have gone solid green over Riddler's torso.

The only one I would have missed was the Chameleon. How about Voldemort's head? Chameleon doesn't have a nose so that would be perfect. Now that I type this, the Chameleon's first appearance looked more like yours with a featureless white head. So great job on the classic Chameleon!