Pandora

Mafia School: Police Infiltration - Sign Up Thread

Unfortunately, we will have to postpone this Mafia School game. I'm really sorry. :cry_sad:

The game we created was balanced specifically for 16 players, and while we could attempt to re-balance it for fewer players, we don't feel this would give a representative mafia game experience for new players and we're not keen on cutting some of the characters we've already created (although that's a lesser concern).

We've allowed lots of time for sign-ups and unfortunately that's now eaten into the time we both have available to run this game, and it has now become an impossibility to fit it into our schedules.

To those who have already signed up, or showed interest and support, thank you so much, and we're deeply sorry for this postponement.

We anticipate we will be able to re-open the game this Autumn (in a few months time if you're from the Southern hemisphere) and we will send PMs to those who've already signed up to notify them and ask if they'd still like to play.

We'll leave this thread open for reactions for a day or so, before locking it until we restart.

Thanks to everyone for your understanding. :sweet:

That really is too bad! Hosting a mafia game is quite time consuming so I absolutely understand why you had to make this hard decision. Still it's too bad, I was really looking forward to this one. If you have the same problems next time, I would love to fill in a spot even though I've played in some games before.

That really is too bad! Hosting a mafia game is quite time consuming so I absolutely understand why you had to make this hard decision. Still it's too bad, I was really looking forward to this one. If you have the same problems next time, I would love to fill in a spot even though I've played in some games before.

This is a real shame. How many players were you short of?

As Pandora indicates, the game is designed for 16 players and of course we'd like to stick to that number of players. But that's not the main issue. We could always try to make it suitable for fewer players. Because we left signups open longer than planned, we can't guarantee that we'll have enough time to host this game right now. The start of the game will simply be postponed a couple of months, but we have every intent to host our Mafia School game this Autumn. We hope that the new students who signed up are available then as well. Should there be any spots left, we'll happily allow some players who have already played a couple of advanced games.

Thank you all once again for your interest. :sweet:

A shame, but I think it was for the best. Judging by the number of completely new players that signed up, there just wasn't enough interest for a Mafia School game at this time. Like many others have said, I would also be more than happy to play ( :grin: ), but hopefully by autumn there will be more players interested in participating.

That's really a shame, I was really looking forward to this Mafia. :wink: But I guess it can't be avoided, I'll just have to be patient.

Too bad, I really looked forward in watching this game. But perhaps it turns out to be good for me. So maybe I can participate in autumn. I really hope, you come back with this game then!

Thank you for the sharing!

Probably a good thing it didn't work out yet.. in the hospital :sick:

That would've given you plenty of time to play!

:look: Feel better?

That would've given you plenty of time to play!

:look: Feel better?

Hospital Wi-Fi has never been up to much in my experiance. :sadnew:

I'll be just as interested in this game when it reappears later in the year, and the waiting will only increase my anticipation for this brilliant concept that Pandora and Rick have created. :sweet:

Thanks everyone for the messages of encouragement and anticipation. :sweet:

It shouldn't be more than a month or so before we run again and we'll re-open this then. :thumbup:

P.S. Zeph, I'll say this now even though you can't reply - you can't trade your mafia tag, no (why would you want to???) but maybe we can find a potted plant role for you too? :laugh:

7575430402_e40b1d9963_c.jpg

Thanks everyone for your patience. We hope to start Police Infiltration: A Mafia School Game early next week.

Based on signups so far, we have have now sent out invitations to play in our game via PM. We are still looking to fill a number of spots though. So, if you'd like to learn how to play mafia games here at Eurobricks, please consider signing up. See the first post of the thread to find out how to sign up.

Best wishes,

Pandora and Rick

Sent my PM now. :classic: You know, it may have been good that this was postponed because I think I just joined Eurobricks when you had to close sign ups off.

I'd like to apply for the part of the rough and tumble, plays by his own book, Detective Treestump.

Just sent my request. :sweet: I'm actually glad this was postponed, if it had opened earlier I wouldn't have been able to play or even watch the first few days. :cry_sad:

headbrick.gif

Forgot to confirm that I sent you an application via PM and that I am able to post on a daily basis for weeks! :)

Thanks guys; there'll be a proper confirmation thread when the game starts. :sweet:

We'd just like a couple more players in order to start the game, so thanks to everyone who's shown interest so far, and hopefully we'll get those additional players. :cry_happy:

Yay!!!! Pandora, could you share exactly how many more people need to confirm/apply? We could have a countdown :tongue:

Edited by TrumpetKing67

Still willing to participate.

You should have gotten a PM asking you to confirm via PM.

Lesson one: Reading carefully is essential. :wink:

But we'll take this as a confirmation that you're available to play.

Yay!!!! Pandora, could you share exactly how many more people need to confirm/apply? We could have a countdown :tongue:

We're getting close...