Sign in to follow this  
Orejon8

Monthly Edinburgh / Midlothian Meeting

I was thinking it would be a good idea to organize a monthly meeting (or perhaps every two weeks, whatever suits the interested) at Edinburgh. A meeting where Lego fanatics can trade minifigs, discuss projects or just get to know each other. It would be set in a public place (such as Teviot Row House) or perhaps in a pub, again whatever people decide.

So... any thoughts?

I was thinking it would be a good idea to organize a monthly meeting (or perhaps every two weeks, whatever suits the interested) at Edinburgh. A meeting where Lego fanatics can trade minifigs, discuss projects or just get to know each other. It would be set in a public place (such as Teviot Row House) or perhaps in a pub, again whatever people decide.

So... any thoughts?

Hi

I think this is a great idea. I'd definitely be up for this. I live in Fife so it's not too much hassle to get into Edinburgh.

Oh if only I lived there.:angry:

What about a small detour to the Isle Of Lewis?:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Could be interested in this depending on where/when. Also located in Fife.

Might want to point out on the gumtree ad that EB is an adult only site to deter kids from joining.

As I live in Newcastle it'd be a bit far to come along monthly, but as there's no events around here i'd love to come along to the occassional meet or special events if I can make it! :sweet:

Hi im from Aberdeen and just found this site, looking at building my castle knights so would be good to come down trade and get some useful hints if you don't mind a newb in the mix?

Hi im from Aberdeen and just found this site, looking at building my castle knights so would be good to come down trade and get some useful hints if you don't mind a newb in the mix?

Sorry I don't have any castle set's but I do have a couple of cannons and a flag.

You would need to take a 2:3/4 hour boat trip though to lewis to pick it up though.:sceptic:

Old Wrinkly Lego Noob :sweet: from LIvingston here, would be very interested in meet ups to discuss all things Lego. I only just got started with the LOTR sets about a month or so ago and am now dipping my toes into Star Wars, Technics and of Course MiniFigs ...Just been reading up on anything Lego I can at the moment as I had no idea just how expansive this Hobby is

Looking forward to meeting up sometime

Ray

That sounds like a fantastic idea as there is nothing for lego fans round the central belt I am also from Livingston and it would be possible to attend most events plus maybe see about running a show as well

Hi. Just wondering if anything came about for this. I live in Penicuik, work in Edinburgh and would be up for meeting like-minded folk. It might be worth asking at the Games Hub on Lauriston Place if they could host. They do Warhammer nights etc.