Henchmen4Hire

Space Police 3 Commando Starfighter

Got bored so I made another Space Police 3 ship for the coppers to whomp some big behind. (Still hoping for that nifty SP3 Gun tag :tongue: ) It's built for wrecking things with extreme prejudice.

-Armored body

-Adjustable engines

-Rear hatch can fold down for cargo (small cargo space though)

-Capable of space travel

-Very expensive haha

Pretty sure it's stable, I could probably rework the bottom to hold some bombs or something. Kept the weapons low-key this time, they're protected by the armored body so all you see is the tips on the front prongs

spship.png

spship3.png

spship2.png

Edited by DrNightmare

Sweet looking ship! I really like the way you did the engines, the opening rear hatch is a nice detail too :classic:

Very nice! That 3/4 rear shot (2nd last one) is really hot. Though I have to admit I don't like the central gun in front of the cockpit.

Cool starfighter 'DrNightmare', neat rear hatch and I really like the styling....a fusion of Star Wars and Buck Rogers ! :grin:

Brick On Fly On Fight On 'DrNightmare' ! :grin:

Awesome job. The shape is really nice. The SP3 coloured version could use a bit more black, but it's cool nevertheless :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

Very cool. Some of the greebling looks fantastic. Would love to see this as actual model.

So I went looking for some S7 Galaxy Patrol minifigs and got 5 of them online for retail price, then somehow I ended up buying $60 worth of LEGO parts and minifgs :laugh: Not bad though I think at roughly 8 cents a piece for 770 items. It would be even cheaper but sellers on Bricklink are getting outrageous with their shipping costs. I mean, $6.00 to ship 46 small pieces using First Class? And you're in a state near me? What the hell? That's only like $3.00 tops, and that includes the 80 cents for tracking. At least they offered to refund any difference after I asked about it, though I doubt I'll see it. :tongue:

Unfortunately I only managed to get 1 of those big light bley wedges in front for this ship, but got enough to start building and finishing some of my other Earthly vehicles (Wasteland Angel car here I come!). Also bought a ton of trans pieces because I want to make some lava/water/toxic pool set pieces.

I'll post pics as I get the parts to build this ship like I did with the prototype Space Truck.

In the mean time, here's a quick count of my SP3 team so far :classic:

1e7uqh.jpg

Damn. That's a beauty of a fighter.

Great - GREAT - angles and lines to it. The engine and greebles are awesome. Definitely some great usages there... And the back hatch thing is super nifty!

Also what a great start to a Space Police force! Can't wait to see your space truck!

Damn. That's a beauty of a fighter.

Great - GREAT - angles and lines to it. The engine and greebles are awesome. Definitely some great usages there... And the back hatch thing is super nifty!

Also what a great start to a Space Police force! Can't wait to see your space truck!

Thankssss, the Space Truck is the prototype I reverse engineered from TLG's official picture and brick built, then posted the LDD instructions. (Enough for the SP3 gun tag maybe? :D ) It got Frontpaged way back then when I posted it but now it seems I can't find the topic, did it get deleted? :( Oh well, here's a quick gallery: SP3 Space Truck Prototype Build

A fantastic looking fighter. That would fit for several space themes. Can't wait to see a brick built version.

Thanks! Hopefully I get some barebones this week to start posting some pics.

I was surprised to see that all those big light bley wedges exist haha, vents will have to stay dark bley though, oh well

Edited by DrNightmare

I like this, a good old starfighter ship, awesome! In my opinion your grey one is the best. :thumbup:

Once in a while I make a cool ship haha

I'd like to make more angled ships like the one in your signature but I just don't have the patience to plan those in LDD :tongue:

Made another order just now, and while it won't complete this ship, at least it gets it to a good 70% - 80% finished along with more parts for my cars. Maybe I can finally post some nice pictures of my Mad Max and Barracuda!

Also I don't feel so bad about the prices I had to pay, it boiled down to about $75 for almost 1000 pieces, would have been an even better deal but the 11 minifigures added like $25 to the total :laugh:

Thankssss, the Space Truck is the prototype I reverse engineered from TLG's official picture and brick built, then posted the LDD instructions. (Enough for the SP3 gun tag maybe? :D ) It got Frontpaged way back then when I posted it but now it seems I can't find the topic, did it get deleted? :( Oh well, here's a quick gallery: SP3 Space Truck Prototype Build

Tags are like titles... the more you ask, the lower likelihood you are to get one. Or you might not get the one you want :devil::laugh:

I'm not sure which thread you were thinking of ... Nothing is ever deleted on EB - but if you're looking for the post via the "Find Topics" button on your profile - that only lists about the two years? back for performance issues.

The shop crane is adorable.

And looks great with the brick built ship :thumbup: