I thought I read somewhere that he doesn't want to come back.

I think he said it depends on the script. However I'm sure if they offer him the right amount he'd come back. He's kind off been going through a rough patch, so hopefully he'll be more desperate for work haha. The biggest problem in the GL movie was the awful CGI suit, that and the stupid fart villain.

A question I'd like to ask: We've already heard some actors that people would like for Jon Stewart. If not Ryan Reynolds, then who would you guys like to see play Hal Jordan?

Edited by Moon_Knight

Ray Fisher cast as Cyborg in superman vs batman. Yep. This is basically the justice league prequel... they're trying to get around origin movies.

This is basically the justice league prequel... they're trying to get around origin movies.

And this is really scary. I don't think it's going to work out. I guess we'll have to hope for the best.

They'll probably introduce them here with a small part, and maybe do their separate films in that flashback/present style like Man of Steel.

I'd rather they just did a Justice League film now, save all the origin stories for prequels.

Ray Fisher cast as Cyborg in superman vs batman. Yep. This is basically the justice league prequel... they're trying to get around origin movies.

I don't have anything against cyborg, but he doesn't really need to be in the Justice League. DC should just save him for a teen titans movie, as him being in JL will most likely push either Manhunter or Aquaman out.

I like him better as a Teen Titan too. I like to think of him as a later generation of hero.

And am I supposed to believe that this is a world that was shocked when aliens and Superman showed up? Apparently the Flash, Wonder Woman, a human Cyborg, etc all exist. Did they just up an appear after Superman showed up?

I think he said it depends on the script. However I'm sure if they offer him the right amount he'd come back. He's kind off been going through a rough patch, so hopefully he'll be more desperate for work haha. The biggest problem in the GL movie was the awful CGI suit, that and the stupid fart villain.

I wouldn't say that it was a horrible movie, it was ok. The villan I found quite creepy. When my mom saw it, she was like, " How can she not tell its him through that mask? It's so obvious!" :laugh: Yeah, DC is a little weak in the movie department, but a lot of it steams from " how do you transfer this to the big screen?" Chris Nolan did a wonderful job, but that's because he's a wonderful, hands on director, and the only reason man of steel got off the ground (!) was because of his writing.

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Justice League movie. May 5, 2017. Source They're also discussing Shazam, Metal Men, 100 Bullets, and Fables.Time to jump on the hype train. :grin:

Metal Men could be interesting if they give it to somebody a bit more offbeat and quirky. In other words somebody who doesn't work for them. 100 Bullets could be great. Shazam? That will be hard to play on that line between camp, and cheesy. If done absolutely right it could be great. But the margin of error is so unbelievably narrow. One step the wrong way and they have Superman 3 or 60's Batman. It certainly could not work in the current dark moody and brutal DCU cinema universe. Fables is a great book. But at this point it cannot work on screen. The simple reason, Disney got there first and currently owns the teritory. Any attempts will simply be branded a "Once Upon A Time" ripoff. It doesn't matter what is true. Perception is everything, and you can't get past the basic core fact that anything Fables would attempt to do would elicit the response "been there seen that". It's Once Upon a Time + Wolverine. To attempt anything else would deviate too much from the source.

Is Arrow supposed to be part of this DCCU or not?

They haven't officially decided yet. Some high ups say it's unlikely while others say it's likely.

They haven't officially decided yet. Some high ups say it's unlikely while others say it's likely.

I see. Does it fit continuity wise, or tone wise?

I see. Does it fit continuity wise, or tone wise?

It depends on what you are expecting it to fit to. Does it fit continuity and tone wise with the normally depicted DCU? And could you easily move characters in and out of it? Hell yes. Does it for continuity and tone wise with Man of Steel or the Nolan bat films? Hell no! But that's kind of the root problem. Pretty much nothing in the DCU fits with MoS.

It depends on what you are expecting it to fit to. Does it fit continuity and tone wise with the normally depicted DCU? And could you easily move characters in and out of it? Hell yes. Does it for continuity and tone wise with Man of Steel or the Nolan bat films? Hell no! But that's kind of the root problem. Pretty much nothing in the DCU fits with MoS.

I agree. The tone that Man of Steel established was way too grim, and I think we'll see this effect the whole of the DCCU for the foreseeable future. This could have been rectified if they went ahead and did a Man of Steel 2 that introduced all of the classic Superman characters and had a much lighter tone. It wouldn't be perfect seeing as Man of Steel saw Superman killing Zod, pushing the character to his limits before his limits had even been established, and the next logical step would be to explore the emotional response from Superman, requiring a similar dark tone, but it would be a start. The road looks rocky for the DCCU and introducing Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg in Man of Steel 2 doesn't seem like a smart move. So far it looks like a reversal of Spider-Man 3's "too many villains" issue, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by montyofmusic

Oh goody. Warner Brothers just announced the director for Justice League. It's Zachary Snyder. So expect a dark, violent slow motion and way too sexually fetishized take on JL.

Oh goody. Warner Brothers just announced the director for Justice League. It's Zachary Snyder. So expect a dark, violent slow motion and way too sexually fetishized take on JL.

Could be worse it could have been on the complete other side of the spectrum and be campy.

Let's break this down:

As far as MoS being dark, I agree, but I think it is the film's way of being distinct. We already had our lighthearted Superman film in the form of Richard Donner's film.

The film is just as violent as any other Super Hero film. Captain America shows a man being thrown into a propeller.

Mos features very little slow motion in it.

How was MoS sexually fetishized? None of the female characters are wearing suggestive clothing and the only nudity that is shown is a baby. If anything, MARVEL is more sexually fetishized. In Iron Man, Tony Stark has his stewardesses dance in a suggestive way for his pleasure. It serves no point in the movie.

All we know about Black Widow in Iron Man 2 is that she is a spy and to maintain her cover was a underwear model. As far as I can tell, her only role in the movie was for us to see her strip in the car (poor writing).

Pepper Pots spends the latter part of Iron Man 3 shirtless and somehow learned martial arts from being injected with Extremis (poor writing). All we know about Maya Hansen is that she had a one night stand with Tony Stark and can't seem to decide who's side she wants to be on (poor writing).

If we were talking about Michael Bay I would agree with you, but I think you're reaching here.

Edited by Darth Lurtz

I think the proplem with it being dark is that it gets boring after a while, the Dark Knight Trilogy worked for me because it was only three films. The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 3 were dark but are only 2 films out of 9. Whereas it seems that all the films in the DCCU are going to be following MoSs tone.

I think the proplem with it being dark is that it gets boring after a while, the Dark Knight Trilogy worked for me because it was only three films. The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 3 were dark but are only 2 films out of 9. Whereas it seems that all the films in the DCCU are going to be following MoSs tone.

We don't really know that yet however, DC can easily create a universe with different tones. Like you said Iron man 3 and the Incredible Hulk are dark, and I would personally add Captain America 2 and Thor 2 to that list. The only difference is they add more humour.

You can't really judge the DCCU on one film, the Dark Knight films don't count as they are self contained. I can't help but feel everyone is complaining about nothing, so far we have nothing really to go on except the name of the film and who's directing it.

Another positive that everyone has over looked is the change at WB. Last year they got a brand new CEO who actually knows about DC and about the characters. The previous ones to be honest didn't give a turd.

How was MoS sexually fetishized? None of the female characters are wearing suggestive clothing and the only nudity that is shown is a baby. If anything, MARVEL is more sexually fetishized. In Iron Man, Tony Stark has his stewardesses dance in a suggestive way for his pleasure. It serves no point in the movie.

It's less MoS specifically and more Zack Snyder's overall body of work. There are certain things he goes for, and after a number of movies they start to stick out. He dances between a bit of the heavy handed homoerotica at times (yeah just look at the MoS suit, and that's mild for Zack, see: 300) or he amps up the more classic fetish nature of things. Nothing overtly sexual. But just a really strong fetishy undercurrent. Watchmen and Suckerpunch were not really one offs with him. They do reflect his overall proclivities. Granted you never know. In this regard he actually kind of matches up disturbingly well with Wonder Woman creator Dr. William Marston. And yeah Lois Lane is actually Snyders least fetishy female character. She's also pretty much bland expository woman. Like he didn't know what to do with her. Whereas Faorra? Yeah that's scoring all the Snyder hallmarks. She's a leather and latex wearing dominatrix.

Don't get me wrong. Superheroes by nature trend a bit towards fetishy at the best of times. Look at how often it seems to be a subcurrent in various Batman incarnations. But I just can't get past the feeling that Zack is a bit too into this aspect of his work.

300 and Watchmen are adapted works though. Look at any page in Frank Miller's 300 and you'll see that Snyder was only being consistent with it. Same for what is depicted in Watchmen. Silk Spectre has been said to be an homage to characters like Black Canary. Snyder has a lot of hallmarks in his films, but a lot of them were subdued in MoS.

Everyone is being very quick to judge this movie. We have no idea how big a role WW and Cyborg will play. People are worrying that they won't be able to develop/introduce each character well enough. Last film they had a 40 minute fight scene at the end, I doubt this film will have one as long, since Superman will be the only one with god-like powers. Last film also had 30 minutes of faffing about on Krypton. The time spent on krypton could easily introduce WW. Batman doesn't need as much introduction as WW or Cyborg, since he is so well known. Cyborg, however, will need more introduction, even I don't know his background. Perhaps he won't become Cyborg until the end of the movie?

About there being too many heroes, I suspect they will go for an Avengers approach and pit them against each other, perhaps Batman vs Superman for the first fight, with Batman losing but gaining tactics for the next fight. Then after WW and cyborg have arrived they will fight (Supes + WW vs Cyborg + Bats seems most likely to me) but before either side can win, Lex Luthor will unite them to defeat him and at the end they'll settle their differences.

We don't really know that yet however, DC can easily create a universe with different tones. Like you said Iron man 3 and the Incredible Hulk are dark, and I would personally add Captain America 2 and Thor 2 to that list. The only difference is they add more humour.

You can't really judge the DCCU on one film, the Dark Knight films don't count as they are self contained. I can't help but feel everyone is complaining about nothing, so far we have nothing really to go on except the name of the film and who's directing it.

Another positive that everyone has over looked is the change at WB. Last year they got a brand new CEO who actually knows about DC and about the characters. The previous ones to be honest didn't give a turd.

I see a difference between the MCU and what DC seems to be doing: only two Marvel films so far have had the same director (Jon Favreau for IM & IM2), plus Joss Whedon who will be back for AoU. Since the success of the Avengers, Marvel has also had Whedon do a little more behind-the-scenes work on the rest of the MCU, but even then I think that the variety of directors has led to each film being fairly different in tone from the others.

On the other hand, DC pretty much made Nolan their go-to guy, still keeping him on as producer. Now that they are trying to also create a continuous universe, they have made Zach Snyder their only director for MoS and the two already announced sequels.

So while we can't necessarily know what the DCU will bring based only off of MoS, we can get a pretty good idea, as Snyder is the only director signed for any DCU film, with no apparent change on the horizon.

Hopefully the change at WB leadership brings good things as far as caring about DC characters, because admittedly their past appreciation for them was only as big as their wallet.

Also hopefully, they change up their writing team to more than David Goyer; while he does all right, from what I have seen and read, most of what was wrong with MoS can be traced back to him.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Trailer for Gotham, not part of the DCCU (I think) but I thought it would be welcome here.

Looks really good I think! :sweet:

Edited by Ceroknight