On 7/7/2019 at 1:35 AM, BrickG said:

The Joker doesn't need a known origin story. I know some comics have him have a proper one, others don't. I prefer it being left a mystery and much like the interpretation where his story just changes a lot (like in the movie) and you just can't trust what's true and what's not.

I generally agree with this, but the trailers make this seem like not-your-typical comic book movie; I think that will work in this movie's favor, especially where it doesn't seem to be tied to any other movie continuity.

That being said, it also doesn't look like my kind of movie, so I won't be seeing it anyway.

- - - - -

In a separate note, I saw this short clip of some behind-the-scenes problem solving on Shazam! put together by the director. It's short, informative, and entertaining: Sandberg's wit is sharp and quick.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-a-neat-video-shazam-s-director-talks-the-art-of-pro-1836149088

I watched Batman: Hush.

I feel like the plot was like 5-minutes long and the rest was just everyone fighting against each other. I prefer more story-driven movies. 

I liked the twist that Hush was actually a well-known Batman villain, but I didn't like who he was. It felt out character for him. It reminds me of the Jugde episode, who turned out to be another personality of Two-Face. 

Some of the Joker lines were very reminiscent of the LEGO Batman Movie. Especially during the Clayface fight

I remember how in Batman and Robin (1997) the whole point of having Batgirl was because Poison Ivy's pheromones didn't work on women. Look at us now hahaha

The Damian scene was little bit too much :wacko:

The Catwoman/Batman thing was very Mask of the Phantasm-esque, with Batman's moral code getting in the way and everything.

I dont understand how this storyline was supposed to be happening simultaneously with the Suicide Squad one, because Harley and Joker were out of prison. I doesn't make sense

And Im tired to see Nightwing being a complete IDIOT. They already did this to him in that lame Harley Quinn movie from a couple of years ago. He is not THAT stupid. 

Edited by Robert8

Ok there are uncofirmed reports that Joker's success might start a series of dark movies based on Batman villains. 

Two-Face and Mr Freeze solo movies are rumored to be on the works

DC villains cinematic universe? *oh2*

Oooohhhh The Long Halloween!

I didn't even know this was on the works!

I saw the Snyder Cut. It's till not really a good movie lol. It's not bad though. Actually better than the theatrical release because they EXPLAIN THINGS.

If they use this to shoot off the rest of the franchise rather than going with the theatrical cut, I guess that's better? But it's still not that good. I mean, I guess I'm comparing it to Marvel and this whole time DC has been wanting to do their own Marvel, but it's just not nearly as good so... I don't care?

Supermand and Batman are my favorite heroes. I just don't feel like these do them justice (heh..). I say reboot for the 100th time and just keep rebooting until you make something that is actually great! :D

I’ve been delving into the DCEU recently. I’d previously only seen Justice League (2017), which was obviously not great and a large part of the reason why I waited until recently to try other DC content.

I’m not too impressed so far honestly. Man of Steel was mediocre, BvS was a mixed bag, and Suicide Squad was really bad.

What I want is for a live-action DC series that follows a similar approach to the MCU or even the DCAU where it takes time to build up the characters. More than anything, I want to see a live-action Bat Family develop. I want to see a good live-action Dick Grayson grow from Robin to Nightwing for example. I’m hoping Matt Reeves’ The Batman will be a launching point.

Watched Batman The Long Halloween Part 2

Really, really good Batman movie.

Great use of the villains, except perharps Mad Hatter, who really felt like filler being just Scarecrow's sidekick. Calendar Man was superb! 

Some of the voices felt very similar to the Animated Series from the 90s. Joker, Two Face, Batman himself...

I wish the built up to the final twist was a little bit better, because the Holiday killer literally had to explained everything after the reveal. There could have been a couple of clues here and there. 

Other than that, with a better ost, this would be just as good as Mask of the Phantasm

Edited by Robert8

I havent watched The Batman yet but I got spoiled that

Spoiler

Joker appears in the movie

And I honestly think

Spoiler

it's a mistake. 

We didn't need the character back so soon after the 2019. They need to give him a break

The Batman rogue gallery is so vast, but they just keep going back to the same villains

Joker 2 will be a musical with Lady Gaga as Harley Quinn

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD