16 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Enjoyed it way more then JL. And im one of the few people who actually enjoyed chunks of JL

I mean I can't lie, I don't 100% hate the film. But as far as a big team up movie goes, Earth X just does it for me. And it's because we've gotten to know these characters so much that it feels so earned. I've felt the same way about the Avengers, the Defenders, and even going back as a kid to Ben 10/Generator Rex crossover. While I did enjoy seeing Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman fighting together in BvS, I only enjoyed it because it's something never seen in live action before, not because it was earned

Aquaman is being called the best DC movie since the Dark Knight trilogy

It seems DC is back on track!

On 12/11/2018 at 1:08 PM, Robert8 said:

Aquaman is being called the best DC movie since the Dark Knight trilogy

It seems DC is back on track!

That’s very promising. I’m torn on seeing it in theatres as I’m saving any spare money for the LEGO store trip on the first... 

My biggest hope is he’s in the gold & green more than just a fleeting moment. I really didn’t like his previous look, even though I get it goes with the look of this Aquaman. 

Saw Aquaman in cinemas today...

No spoilers

It was actually a great movie. The story is a bit bland, but it gets overpowered by some of the best cinematography I've ever seen. Everything looks truly amazing, and there are some truly beautiful shots, like (as shown in the first trailer), Arthur and Mera dive into the dark Trench, followed by all these monstrous creatures, with lightning flashing over the sky. The fighting between Aquaman and Oceon Master is nothing short of amazing, especially with the added underwater aesthetic. Every punch or hit creates ripples.The standout for me was of course Black Manta, he plays a sizeable role and I loved every second he was on screen.

I saw Aquaman, beautifully shot and great FX, mamoa kills it as a dumb strong hero with a heart of gold. Mera is great as well and I really liked Ocean Master. Aquaman continues the tradition of DCEU solo films being way better than ensemble films

Current Opinion on DCEU

1. Wonder Woman 

2. Aquaman 

3. Man Of Steel

4. Justice League 

5. Batman V Superman 

6. Suicide Squad 

Can't wait for Shazam

Saw Aquaman finally...I was blown away. I’m still not a fan of his look. It’s like they read too many Internet comments about how dorky & such comic book Aquaman is & took it to heart. However, they really nailed, Aquaman, Ocean Master, & Black Manta in the costume department. I especially loved Manta, but felt he should’ve had more screen time. 

It was a beautiful looking movie, the action was great. It was nice seeing DC get a first in the comic book movies genre, underwater world. I loved it. 

On 1/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Am I the only one actually NOT excited about the new Shazam film? I don't know... just seems like a hard pass for me. :thumbdown:

9 hours ago, WelcometoSaturn said:

Am I the only one actually NOT excited about the new Shazam film? I don't know... just seems like a hard pass for me. :thumbdown:

I’m excited, but I’m not sure what to think about this one. Im not familiar with the character, so I don’t know if the humor aspect is right on or not. I’m always down for comic book movies. This seems like a bit of a departure from comic book movies. This appears like the humor is going to different from the humor Marvel has in their movies. 

11 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I’m excited, but I’m not sure what to think about this one. Im not familiar with the character, so I don’t know if the humor aspect is right on or not. I’m always down for comic book movies. This seems like a bit of a departure from comic book movies. This appears like the humor is going to different from the humor Marvel has in their movies. 

I agree. It seems like they are taking this in an entirely new direction and I am not sure if I like it. 

13 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Shazam! (or Captain Marvel, for us purists) has always been known as "The Big Red Cheese."  Since the 70s, they've played up the campiness factor to a variety of different levels in the comics.  Sometimes it's a bit campier than others.

In the 40s and 50s (he wasn't published from the mid-50s until early 70s), he had some pretty serious and hardcore stories (especially for the time).  But there was plenty of camp in there, too.  Some of the villains he faced were pretty cheesy when you look at them.  Some of the concepts were pretty cheesy as well (e.g., Hillbilly Marvel being one of his supporting characters).

Cap has generally been portrayed in the modern era as being a more light hearted character, a little immature at times (because, you know, he's a boy in a man's body).  So I think this movie is playing toward that.

I've been a Captain Marvel/Shazam fan since I was a wee lad 40 years ago.  I'm loving that they are bringing him to the big screen.  I'm really looking forward to this film, but understand if you aren't familiar with the property, you're probably scratching your head a bit.

This may sound like an April Fools joke, but it's not... :wacko:

Screen Rant - Aquaman Spinoff Horror Movie The Trench Is In Development

According to a new report from THR, WB and DC have hired Noah Gardner and Aidan Fitzgerald to write a "horror-tinged" script for The Trench, a spinoff movie that would focus on one of the other underwater kingdoms. The Trench are featured multiple times in Aquaman, and the spinoff movie will have more of a horror vibe than the solo film. Wan and Peter Safran will produce the film, which is also said to be aiming for a modest budget. As of right now, there are no plans for any main Aquaman characters to appear.

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

This may sound like an April Fools joke, but it's not... :wacko:

Screen Rant - Aquaman Spinoff Horror Movie The Trench Is In Development

I would rather see a spin off for Jack from BvS. How did he get where he is in Wayne Enterprises? Did he have loved ones who'll mourn his loss? Did he have any pets? These are the questions I've been burning to know the answer to

Honestly I'm going to watch Shazam and WW84, MAYBE even Birds of Prey, but if any of these stupid spin off films actually happen, I wouldn't even consider watching them online. I don't want to sound like a Marvel Fanboy, I love DC comics, I love Young Justice (best animated superhero show to ever exist), I love the CW shows, but the way WB makes and plans these movies are a joke. I'm glad Aquaman made as much as it did, it was a good movie, but they need to sort themselves out, listen to what the fans actually want to see.

First reactions to Shazam are out

Shazam is being called the "Best DCEU  yet". Even better than Aquaman and Wonder Woman *oh2*

Good to hear. The talk that it’s the best, well damn...that’s some praise. I’m quite excited to see it.

I'm sense another Oscar for the Joker....

He'll have to go against Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, but yeah he is a strong contender for sure

On 3/8/2019 at 12:16 PM, Robert8 said:

Shazam is being called the "Best DCEU  yet". Even better than Aquaman and Wonder Woman *oh2*

Here is someone's two cents on the film that I found rather interesting (though it is somewhat spoilery):

On 4/5/2019 at 10:08 PM, Pchan1983 said:

Just watched Shazam! on Wednesday! OMG, it's great! 

Well then, here's a little something you might be interested in... :wink:

Wonder Woman 1984 poster looks great and clearly shows the period of the movie.

Not a fan of the armor though. But then again, better pics of the armor are needed to make a judgement

Im wondering about the second Joker trailer. It has to be coming soon, right? The movie is supposed to be out next october and I bet there will be a thrid trailer like a month before the movie opens. 

Edited by Robert8

The Joker doesn't need a known origin story. I know some comics have him have a proper one, others don't. I prefer it being left a mystery and much like the interpretation where his story just changes a lot (like in the movie) and you just can't trust what's true and what's not.