21 hours ago, quark12000 said:

The Shazam trailer is the most disappointing one I've seen in a long time.  Have these people never read the comic?  Captain Marvel is NOT Billy Batson in an adult body.  He's a unique character unto himself.   Sheesh.

Depends on the writer. Sometimes, he is. Sometimes, like Kingdom Come, Billy Batson and Captain Marvel are two sides of the same person; he grows up right into Captain Marvel. I've seen this one go both ways, and frankly, this is the way I think people will connect to the character more.

They should have just adapted Jerry Ordway's run.

53 minutes ago, BaneShake said:

Depends on the writer. Sometimes, he is. Sometimes, like Kingdom Come, Billy Batson and Captain Marvel are two sides of the same person; he grows up right into Captain Marvel. I've seen this one go both ways, and frankly, this is the way I think people will connect to the character more.

People have seen 'Big'.  There's no reason to do a superhero version of that story, but if you are doing that, then do Prime, don't bastardize Captain Marvel.

If you want to do a Captain Marvel movie, adapt Jerry Ordway's run, it was superb.

Alec Baldwin was cast for the Joker solo movie. 

Rumor has it he will play a Donald Trump-inspired Thomas Wayne (aka Batman's father)

Aaaaaaaand he has an illegitimate son.... who turns out to be... yep, you guessed it: the Joker

So, yeah: Batman and the Joker would be half-brothers in that universe. 

WHAT

THE 

HECK

???

Edited by Robert8

On 8/28/2018 at 6:21 PM, Robert8 said:

Alec Baldwin was cast for the Joker solo movie. 

Rumor has it he will play a Donald Trump-inspired Thomas Wayne (aka Batman's father)

Aaaaaaaand he has an illegitimate son.... who turns out to be... yep, you guessed it: the Joker

So, yeah: Batman and the Joker would be half-brothers in that universe. 

WHAT

THE 

HECK

???

I mean, its not part of the dceu so i don't have a big issue with something new to the mythos, plus baldwin already left the role it seems

What's up with Warner posting a video of a make-up test for the Joker movie?

And that came only a couple of days after the Captain Marvel trailer. It's like they are desperate to be relevant somehow 

Bad move, IMO. They just need to keep promoting Aquaman and Shazam for now. 

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

What's up with Warner posting a video of a make-up test for the Joker movie?

And that came only a couple of days after the Captain Marvel trailer. It's like they are desperate to be relevant somehow 

Bad move, IMO. They just need to keep promoting Aquaman and Shazam for now. 

I really can't tell who is more off the rails with their movies; DC or Marvel Sony. DC announcing and removing spin offs for Birds of Prey, Deadshot, Lobo, Blackhawks, all before we get Batman or Green Lantern. And Sony giving every Spider Man character their own Spider Man-less film; Mysterio, Morbius, Kraven, Jackpot, SILK!!

After watching the released footage from the Joker movie, I think the costume looks nice.

But this has to be an Elseworld story right? Because Thomas Wayne is still alive, which means Bruce is like 10 years old? And it was said Batman won't appear in this movie, which means Thomas Wayne scenes are present day

By the time Bruce becomes Batman, this Joker will be like 65 years old, considering Joaquin Phoenix is 43. (By the way he looks like 50 years old)

Edited by Robert8

On 9/25/2018 at 1:26 AM, Robert8 said:

After watching the released footage from the Joker movie, I think the costume looks nice.

But this has to be an Elseworld story right? Because Thomas Wayne is still alive, which means Bruce is like 10 years old? And it was said Batman won't appear in this movie, which means Thomas Wayne scenes are present day

By the time Bruce becomes Batman, this Joker will be like 65 years old, considering Joaquin Phoenix is 43. (By the way he looks like 50 years old)

It’s been said that this joker film is supposed to be a prequel to the dark knight trilogy.

4 minutes ago, J4ck said:

It’s been said that this joker film is supposed to be a prequel to the dark knight trilogy.

Wut?

There is no way this Joker became HL's Joker 20 years later, unless there is a Lazarus Pit somewhere

Oh boy I hope they won't go with the "there are 3 Jokers" crap they came up with recently

1 hour ago, J4ck said:

Wasn’t that an April Fools prank by Screen Rant? Regardless I’m looking forward to this movie, Inwasnt a huge fan of Jared Leto so it’ll be good to see a fresh take on the character.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Oh boy I hope they won't go with the "there are 3 Jokers" crap they came up with recently

Oh you mean in the comics? Yeah 3 jokers is a thing.

7 hours ago, Tariq j said:

Wasn’t that an April Fools prank by Screen Rant? Regardless I’m looking forward to this movie, Inwasnt a huge fan of Jared Leto so it’ll be good to see a fresh take on the character.

Personally I probably won’t even watch, I’m not a fan of the joker and I have the unpopular opinion of him (I think the joker is overrated).

On 9/29/2018 at 8:08 AM, J4ck said:

Personally I probably won’t even watch, I’m not a fan of the joker and I have the unpopular opinion of him (I think the joker is overrated).

Hes not really that overrated, but he doesn't really deserve or need his own solo film

On 9/29/2018 at 1:08 AM, J4ck said:

I have the unpopular opinion of him (I think the joker is overrated).

Seconded.

I mean, I'm intrigued by the Joaquin Phoenix take, but that's no guarantee I'll see it.

Nicholson was fine, Ledger was fine even if I didn't care for some of his characterization (that's Nolan's fault, anyway), and Leto I wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole; my Joker will always be Mark Hamill.

While I don't the Joker is overrated, I do think he is overexposed. And Harley Quinn is going the same route

I think this Joaquin Phoenix Joker will be a mix of Jack Nicholson's and Ledger's

And I agree, my favorite Joker was Mark Hamill

Edited by Robert8

BOOM!

Wonder Woman 1984 was pushed back to June 2020 and it will reboot the DCCU by using the Flashpoint Storyline. New Superman and new Batman on their way. And of course, new Justice League

20 hours ago, Robert8 said:

BOOM!

Wonder Woman 1984 was pushed back to June 2020 and it will reboot the DCCU by using the Flashpoint Storyline. New Superman and new Batman on their way. And of course, new Justice League

This sounds....bad, really bad. What's the point of watching Aquaman and Shazam if nothing in the film really matters and we know it. Why are they doing this to a Wonder Women movie? WW is never a character I associated to alternate universes, a WW set during the end of the Cold War sounds way more interesting. I had hope DC would just scrape there JL storylines and focus on stand alone films, but I guess they think shoving their cinematic universe into their only good character is the better choice. DC has had many chances to create a good franchise, but continue to mess it up. Personal I think changing the faces of some superheros won't change a thing.

9 minutes ago, Khscarymovie4 said:

This sounds....bad, really bad. What's the point of watching Aquaman and Shazam if nothing in the film really matters and we know it. Why are they doing this to a Wonder Women movie? WW is never a character I associated to alternate universes, a WW set during the end of the Cold War sounds way more interesting. I had hope DC would just scrape there JL storylines and focus on stand alone films, but I guess they think shoving their cinematic universe into their only good character is the better choice. DC has had many chances to create a good franchise, but continue to mess it up. Personal I think changing the faces of some superheros won't change a thing.

Shazam is going to have reshoots, starting next week (it's a race against time). There is no official statement about it, but apparently most of the thrid arc will be reshooted. 

Considering greek gods are part of the Wonder Woman lore, I guess they'll change the timeline in the whole universe.

Actually, this storyline comes to explain some weird plots in upcoming DC movies

For instance, Harley Quinn being part of the Birds of Prey in the upcoming movie instead of Gotham City Sirens as it should have been. 

Joker movie taking place in the 80's. What if in this timeline Joe Chill killed Bruce and Martha, leaving Thomas alone to become Batman himself. That would explain why the Joker became a criminal in the 80s. 

Supergirl coming to planet Earth instead of Superman. That would explain the rumored Supergirl movie

I love alternate universes storylines so this sounds great to me 

Personally I think the point of any franchise should be to become as confusing as possible through remakes/reboots/alternate timelines and various illogical recasting of the same character.

We shall see, the rumor mill is going crazy. Cavill back in the Shazam cameo is among them now it seems. Just wait for confirmation folks like we used to oh so long ago, in the mid 1990s.

It's really sad how this all has just... Failed. I'm still hyped for Aquaman and SHAZAM!, but they can't reasonably continue on this route. When you prioritise Suicide Squad before Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman, and start including alternate world stories... It's just too messy. 

Just out of morbid curiosity, did anyone else enjoy Crisis on Earth X more than Justice League?

On 10/25/2018 at 7:58 PM, Quicksilver838 said:

Just out of morbid curiosity, did anyone else enjoy Crisis on Earth X more than Justice League?

Enjoyed it way more then JL. And im one of the few people who actually enjoyed chunks of JL