Not a fan of the red filter they've put over that one fight scene... I'm sure it will make sense, but it's just plain ugly and muddies the whole picture.

That said i'm excited, there looks to be some good humour (possible Whedon's reshoots?) as well as Snyder's fight scenes, which will of course be epic.

So, rumor has it Jake Gyllenhaall will be the new Batman

Are the Warner executives crazy or what???

At this point I'd say the best thing they could do is a sequel to the dark knight trilogy with Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the new Batman. The DKR had an open ending about it. 

Ventriloquist, Penguin and maybe even Riddler would fit in that universe 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Why? I'm not a fan of Grumpy Batfleck but shouldn't they at least keep continuity with what they've already started? Heck.

22 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'm surprised. I seem to remember reading something from Jake G. shortly after Prince of Persia where he said he wasn't interested in doing any more franchises or tentpoles. Of course, its been a few years and he has had a lot of indie success in the meantime, so maybe he has changed his tune. Or maybe WB is just wishlisting...?

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Apparently, Justice League now holds the strangely ironic distinction of having the DCEU's worst domestic box office opening, bringing in only $96M. :def_shrug:

Screen Rant - Justice League's Domestic Opening Is Worst of the DCEU

Me and my brother went to watch the first showing in our local area, a midnight viewing. There was approximately 10 people (other than us) at this viewing. Meanwhile, back when Batman v Superman came out, and we went to the first showing, a midnight premier, the cinema was packed out. People must have lost a lot of faith :laugh:

I personally thought Justice League was the best out of the DCEU. Despite not having a Flash or Aquaman movie beforehand, the film set up, and made me want to see their solo stories. Steppenwolf was a rather bad villain, rather generic. The role Superman had in the film, I feel was done well...

I loved the scene where he fights the Justice League. Holding off Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Cyborg at the same time, then Flash... when his head turned and the fear on Barrys face... LOVED IT!!! I was also fanboying so hard when he turned the "do you bleed?" back on Batman, SOO BADASS!!

The runtime didn't do the film a favour though, I saw somewhere that the shorter runtime was due to the criticisms of the previous movies, which is disappointing as I would have liked to see the story extended out (hopefully a directors cut along the line)

Edited by Quicksilver838

16 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Meanwhile, back when Batman v Superman came out, and we went to the first showing, a midnight premier, the cinema was packed out. People must have lost a lot of faith :laugh:

I read a comment somewhere that summed it up: after being burned on BvS and SS, a lot of regular movie-going folks decided to wait and see on whether or not they would pay to see JL. When early reviews and RT scores came out, those people decided to see other movies instead--the rest of the top five for the weekend (Thor, Wonder, Murder, Daddy's Home 2) all did better than expected for this week, and actually had day-over-day increases throughout the weekend. JL, on the other hand, sank slowly from Fri. to Sun.

It's too bad, because it seems like while a lot of reviews have pointed out the weak villain and cutscene-style CGI, that the characters and the story screenplay are the best the DCEU has put up so far. I haven't seen it yet, and coming into the weekend I had practically no enthusiasm to do so. Now, I think I will try and see it sooner rather than later, since the people who did see it whose opinions I trust have been more positive than negative.

Edited by rodiziorobs
Words. Pesky things.

I just saw Justice League earlier today and thought it was really good!  There were some minor issues I had with it (It definitely seemed to go by a little too quickly), but otherwise, it left me feeling hyped up for future DC movies.

Yeah, I quite liked Justice League. The first half hour or so was pretty boring, but once the movie got going, it was pretty fun. Sure, there were some lows, but I feel it did more right than wrong.

Also, that post credits scene. Hoo man if that didn't get me hyped for the franchise. It was worth going to see the movie just for that.

So, I just watched Batman: Gotham by Gaslight and yeah it was good

I actually liked it a lot

On 1/24/2018 at 11:12 PM, Robert8 said:

So, I just watched Batman: Gotham by Gaslight and yeah it was good

I actually liked it a lot

DC has done a lot of excellent animation in recent years... I only hope Marvel can do as well as they reboot their Animated universe (not sad to see the garbage they've been doing recently go)

Here's the official synopsis for April 2019's Shazam!

Screen Rant - Shazam! Gets Official Synopsis; Dwayne Johnson Executive Producing

"We all have a superhero inside us, it just takes a bit of magic to bring it out. In Billy Batson’s (Angel) case, by shouting out one word—SHAZAM!—this streetwise 14-year-old foster kid can turn into the adult Super Hero Shazam (Levi), courtesy of an ancient wizard. Still a kid at heart—inside a ripped, godlike body—Shazam revels in this adult version of himself by doing what any teen would do with superpowers: have fun with them! Can he fly? Does he have X-ray vision? Can he shoot lightning out of his hands? Can he skip his social studies test? Shazam sets out to test the limits of his abilities with the joyful recklessness of a child. But he’ll need to master these powers quickly in order to fight the deadly forces of evil controlled by Dr. Thaddeus Sivana (Strong)."

Any thoughts about the Shazam leaked pics and video? 

Spoiler

LOL

Are they for real for this?

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Any thoughts about the Shazam leaked pics and video?

Honestly, why did they have to counter the "too grim" argument with a suit design that was on the way opposite end of the (color) spectrum? Couldn't they find something that sat in between those extremes, kinda like how Superman's suit settled on a moderate hue of blue for Justice League?

Spoiler

PD1516340093nK9.jpg?1520967177882

It seems there are 2 solo Joker movies in the works

One with Jared Leto and another with Joaquin Phoenix

From my understanding, the Joaquin Phoenix one is an "origins" movie. So, it will be a prequel to the the Jared Leto one

Like WTF is going with WB? How do they make these decisions??

Ok that looks AWESOME

Aquaman is totally channeling Thor there tho. I hope it wont be to obvious 

I also feel a bit of Star Wars there. 

But the visuals are great. Stunning

Hmmm I don't know....

I like it but oddly the adult version seems to act more childish than the young boy, which makes a weird juxtaposition

I'm not sold at Zachary Levi's acting here.... 

And the costume is so extra hahaha

7 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I like it but oddly the adult version seems to act more childish than the young boy, which makes a weird juxtaposition

I'm not sold at Zachary Levi's acting here.... 

And the costume is so extra hahaha

I part of it is because he is still training. So if it was us we probably be having fun too. Maybe at the end of the movie we will see him a little more serious. 

I too think people are going to see Levi as Chuck instead of Captain Marvel (Shazam!). I do wonder if they are going to call him Captain Marvel at all. (Little know face Captain Marvel was at one point more popular than Superman.) 

Well what do you expect from magic. :wink: But I guess it is better than being a green CGI suit. 

As from Aquaman it looks good so far. But I think I need to see more. 

I'm actually looking forward to Shazam, I've always preferred DC to Marvel overall and in terms of comics and animation but when they made the dceu it was and remains a let down of epic proportions. Of the dceu movies I've seen only wonder woman was a good film (I've not seen JL yet though but I'm not optimistic), but Shazam looks like a step in the right direction, aquaman also looks promising. I've liked thee character of Captain marvel in things like young justice and the dcau so I hope they do him justice.

Aquaman looks fine. I'll probably see it, but maybe not in theaters. Dunno.

Shazam, however, looks like a total blast. "Flight Test I" had me busting a gut. Also, having Mark Strong as a villain is, well, expected, but not a bad move at all. This is almost definitely one to see in theaters.

I like both trailers, and am definitely excited for them. Aquaman's trailer did a few things I'm not fond of in trailer-editing, but since that has nothing to do with the movie production team and all on the trailer production company, I'm not concerned. I like that it's clearly not showing everything or giving away too-much like Warner Bros often is guilty of. And Shazam! looks to be incredibly fun. That was the most I have enjoyed a trailer in a while.

The Shazam trailer is the most disappointing one I've seen in a long time.  Have these people never read the comic?  Captain Marvel is NOT Billy Batson in an adult body.  He's a unique character unto himself.   Sheesh.