Wow. That's rather sad. No matter how it will turn out, family is always more important than work.

That seems to add another bump in the already rocky road for Justice League.

But Joss Whedon as director... WHAT?!

And guess what everyone!? Another director has just stepped down from another project! That's right folks the Justice League Dark movie is now without a director :grin::grin:

While I try not to put much faith in any pre-release buzz, I hope WW does well and that DC can work out their issues. I haven't cared much for what they've put out so far, but I still am pulling for them to nab a win. Especially now--after losing Snyder when he has played such a crucial role in the DCEU at large--it has to be tough keeping all those plates spinning.

As for Snyder himself, what a heart-breaking experience. He seems to be handing it quite gracefully, though. I appreciate his statement that even though JL is a huge project, at the end of the day it's "just a movie" and not as important as trying to guide his family and himself through this trying time.

Also, Whedon's influence in this should be fairly minimal; almost all filming has been wrapped on the film and now its on to editing and post-production, which is of course a huge part of the process, but its not like he will be rewriting the whole script.

For WB, I suppose Joss's name in the credits will be a draw for audiences.

But does this mean he could direct its inevitable sequel? He already is signed up for the Batgirl solo film, so perhaps he will already be tied up with that.

Also, interesting to see Chris McKay signed on to direct a Nightwing solo film after TLBM.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Just got back from seeing it. I really, truly loved everything up until the end. You wanna know why? Because I kept waiting for Ares to grow huge. I feel unsatisfied... Like what happened? Where did LEGO and Hasbro get this concept from? The black head, red eyes, skull helmet... Ares never even had a shield in the movie. 

Anyways really liked it. But let this be a reminder that LEGO isn't always right. So when I look at that leaked Snoke figure I am very hesitant to think that is how he actually will look. 

Also who was Lieutenant something German? Like what was up with the glowing face and the super strength? And he also had a lot of knowledge about Greek gods....

Edited by Ashnflash

I'm sorry I can't stop thinking about it. That set is sooooo inaccurate. The more I think about it uggg :damn:

If you think about it, Ares was supposed to be the size of Giantman... Also Steve Trevor isn't in that plane when Ares is present. He never even fires a shot at him. And also, you never see Steve wear a pilot helmet. 

You think LEGO would've learned their lesson after the Mandarin Fire tank debacle. Maybe LEGO should wait before releasing sets based on movies if this continues to happen. 

Maybe - MAYBE -JUST MAYBE he could've been a big figure or the Steppenwolf Mixel style. But not this... 

Edited by Ashnflash

Saw ww last night, definitely my favorite of the dceu, ranking for me right now

1- wonder woman

2- batman v superman

3- man of steel

4- suicide squad

Imo

On 6/2/2017 at 10:30 AM, Ashnflash said:

I'm sorry I can't stop thinking about it. That set is sooooo inaccurate. The more I think about it uggg :damn:

If you think about it, Ares was supposed to be the size of Giantman... Also Steve Trevor isn't in that plane when Ares is present. He never even fires a shot at him. And also, you never see Steve wear a pilot helmet. 

You think LEGO would've learned their lesson after the Mandarin Fire tank debacle. Maybe LEGO should wait before releasing sets based on movies if this continues to happen. 

Maybe - MAYBE -JUST MAYBE he could've been a big figure or the Steppenwolf Mixel style. But not this... 

And they said Lego is always spoiling the movie. I remember when fans saw that he will be brick built assuming his size as big as Giant man, now this. Smh :laugh:

On 6/1/2017 at 8:30 PM, Ashnflash said:

The thing is, they look at concept art way beforehand. That's all they can base the sets off of. Releasing sets before the movie comes out, brings in a lot of hype for it. Making the sets after the movie has come and gone would just make no sense. It's not Lego's fault that they get sent very early concept art pictures. I think you're just overreacting to this, sure the set is inaccurate, but making a post like that is just childish. Lego is for the kids, remember that. We are adults and we should act like adults.

Wow. Wow. Wow! Just saw Wonder Woman...all I'll say is every other DC movie needs to step it up. It was amazing.

When she came out if the trench...damn. Chills. To the very end where she crumbled the sniper's nest...

That was by far the best outing for DC. The one negative, the drab coloring of her costume. It wasn't Snyder...but it wasn't as bright as it should've been. 

On 6/1/2017 at 7:30 PM, Ashnflash said:

Excuse the double, I just got around the reading other posts... I too was waiting for Ares to get big. Oh well. I kept thinking...golf cart of doom. :tongue: As to Trevor & his plane being included, that's merely due, I suspect, to us getting just one WW set & they wanted to pack who they could in it. It definitely would've been a big missed oppprtunity to not include Trevor. 

The first half of Wonder Woman was quite good.

The second half loses the charm the first half had and becomes your standard super hero movie, with a forgettable villain and kind of a dumb theme/lesson. 

http://screenrant.com/danny-elfman-compose-justice-league-score/

Just a bit of Justice League news, Danny Elfman has replaced Junkie XL as the film's score composer. As much as I liked Hans Zimmers' work on MOS and the Nolan trilogy, its pretty cool to see Elfman doing JL since he did the score to Burton's Batman.

Edit: Here are a few articles from Screen Rant regarding DCEU official announcements and confirmations, including the official titling of the Flash solo movie, the official inclusion of Hal Jordan and John Stewart in 2020's Green Lantern Corps, and the announcement of eight upcoming DCEU films.

http://screenrant.com/flashpoint-dceu-flash-movie-title/

http://screenrant.com/green-lantern-corps-hal-jordan-john-stewart-confirmed/

http://screenrant.com/dceu-comic-con-movies-announced-suicide-squad-2-green-lantern/

Also, Jeffrey Dean Morgan is hinting at his involment in the Flashpoint movie, possibly to play Thomas Wayne Batman! :oh:

http://screenrant.com/jeffrey-dean-morgan-flashpoint-movie-batman-role/

Edited by Digger of Bricks

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:48 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

For Neptune's sake, Arthur!  First you're acting like an idiot whooping it up in the Batmobile, and now you don't know which end of your trident goes up?! 

Bad, bad feeling about this movie, folks.

Substantial rumors are going around about two new Joker-centric films, one of which will be part of the DCEU and one which won't. Apparently the second will also be an origin story.

This news, in addition to the Justice League Dark movie, current JL lineup and related films, SS sequel, GC Sirens, a long list of directors who have abandoned DC projects, and confusion over whether Matt Reeves' Batman movie will be standalone makes me wonder if WB has a clue what they are even doing (and it seems vaguely reminiscent of Sony's ridiculous Spiderverse ideas).

Even if these movies were to turn out good, it's hard to see them going in so many different directions and be confident that they actually have a vision or plan other than "throw everything we have at the wall and see what sticks."

The Joker movie falling outside the shared continuity is also troubling, as if WB themselves aren't confident in their cinematic universe: are they in or out? It's telling that their most beloved film so far has been the one that had the loosest ties to the others. Maybe (just maybe) cinematic universes aren't for everybody.

I'd like to be hopeful here, but I'm finding it hard.

10 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

Substantial rumors are going around about two new Joker-centric films, one of which will be part of the DCEU and one which won't. Apparently the second will also be an origin story.

This news, in addition to the Justice League Dark movie, current JL lineup and related films, SS sequel, GC Sirens, a long list of directors who have abandoned DC projects, and confusion over whether Matt Reeves' Batman movie will be standalone makes me wonder if WB has a clue what they are even doing (and it seems vaguely reminiscent of Sony's ridiculous Spiderverse ideas).

Even if these movies were to turn out good, it's hard to see them going in so many different directions and be confident that they actually have a vision or plan other than "throw everything we have at the wall and see what sticks."

The Joker movie falling outside the shared continuity is also troubling, as if WB themselves aren't confident in their cinematic universe: are they in or out? It's telling that their most beloved film so far has been the one that had the loosest ties to the others. Maybe (just maybe) cinematic universes aren't for everybody.

I'd like to be hopeful here, but I'm finding it hard.

Meanwhile over at Marvel, they have a steady line up of films coming out at a reasonable place. I don't want to hate the DC movies, I want Justice League to be a great film (which I'm concerned over as a previous edition was deemed "unwatchable"), I try so hard to be excited for these movies, but they need to calm down. They're clearly trying to rush everything, build the type of expanded universe the MCU has, but they're just going too fast. Its like they're focusing less on the quality of the films, more on the ideology that fans are going to go watch them no matter what, and they're still going to make money

I agree with what you say about WB not feeling confident in their cinematic universe, which with word of the Flash movie being based on Flashpoint Paradox, I feel like that could really either screw things up further, what with how the original timeline should change by the end of the film, or it will open the door to a new beginning for their movies; a clean slate

The Joker will be a standalone film taking place in 1980s, but by standalone they dont mean outside of the DCEU it will be a "loose connection with the universe". The director of the Solo Batman movie confirmed this. He stated that by standalone, they mean that it will not have all cameos and correlations with DCEU, they just want to tell their story without having to deal with other surrounding characters. 

As far as DCEU not knowing what their doing. 1 movie. Wonder Woman. This was an amazing film, as it is even being nominated for an oscar. Inspires hope and courage and is by far the best DCEU film. Just shows that DC can make a great film, if they take their time. Same goes for Man of Steel. 

You also dont have to mimic what Marvel does for everyone of their films. They have a dry churlish formula which does work but gets very old and predictable quickly. Its nice to see another studio doing something different.

1 hour ago, YoshiBlockr said:

Wonder Woman. This was an amazing film, as it is even being nominated for an oscar. Inspires hope and courage and is by far the best DCEU film. Just shows that DC can make a great film, if they take their time. Same goes for Man of Steel. 

I agree with this point, but as I said, the most beloved film in DC's current iteration of film is the one with the looser ties. Other than the 2 minutes of Bruce Wayne bookends, the movie has no real ties to the rest of their oeuvre. Also, WW was hampered by the ties it did have to BvS, mainly in her "signature theme" which is fairly horrible and didn't fit in with the rest of the WW score at all.

Was the movie good? Yes. Does it inspire confidence in the rest of the DCEU? Not really, especially when it's so far removed, both in front of the camera and behind it. I'd take a handful of WW sequels over nearly anything else DC has on their slate.

1 hour ago, YoshiBlockr said:

You also dont have to mimic what Marvel does for everyone of their films. They have a dry churlish formula which does work but gets very old and predictable quickly. Its nice to see another studio doing something different.

Agreed about Marvel's forumla. I was fully on board with them after about Thor and CA:TFA, but after Ultron my enthusiasm waned considerably. I was excited again for CA:CW but it let me down (which has me less than pumped for IW and its sequel, since the crew responsible for CW's gaffes is the same crew on that film). SM:HC I didn't care too see, and when I did see it it didn't change my opinion much. I am excited for Thor: Ragnarok, but that's mostly because I want to see how Waititi fares with this kind of project, and because Thor is my favorite Marvel character.

I also agree that maybe DC shouldn't be trying to mimic Marvel. But they are. I don't see the "different approach" you claim they are taking--it looks to me like they are fully in catch-up mode, like a hare who realizes the tortoise has been chugging on a long time by now.

This is the point I was suggesting: maybe DC should abandon the shared universe thing. It seems like with Marvel's chosen approach to their characters, the shared universe is feasible and largely enjoyable. I like Thor and I like Hulk, and the prospect of them teaming up in a movie sounds like stupid tons of fun. I also like Batman and I like WW. But do I need to see them fighting a side-by-side battle? I dunno. A crossover event film seems ripe with opportunity for fun hijinks, yet the dour outlook DC started out with makes it seem like those would be out of place. Now they are changing up the tone (as evident by the newer trailers and statements by Geoff Johns), which seems to be a course-correction on their part to get back on Marvel's rails.

But you know, maybe rather than having the GL Corps pop up in a Cyborg film, they should just make a good GL film. Maybe the term "standalone" shouldn't be reserved for a villain-centered prequel, but for more individual heroes. Maybe DC ought to treat all their heroes' respective universes the way they treat their movie and tv universes: just let them do their own thing, without worrying about setting the stage for the next act. This has definitely been one of Marvel's biggest weaknesses, and DC could completely bypass it.

That's not to say they can't still do that with their current planned projects. Perhaps there are signs they actually do know what they want to do with these characters, but if there are I guess I'm just not seeing them.

Wow I didn't mean for this post to become so long-winded. :look:

Edited by rodiziorobs

So I just watched that "Batman and Harley Quinn" movie....

What the f. was that?

Like, for real..... 

WHAT THE F. WAS THAT???

It was terrible: the writing, the animation, the plot.... The whole thing was a trainwreck

Batman was way out of character. The plot was meh.... and some parts had a fan fiction level or writing. 

The worst part is that Harley Quinn was not needed at all. All she did was getting an address, something Batman could have done by himself. Actually Nightwing did it at the beginning of the film to get to Harley Quinn.

The resolution of the plot was like wtf and Batman and Robin kissing Harley was completely OOC

The only part that was decent was when Harley said she couldn't find a decent job because society doesn't give second chances: once a criminal, forever a criminal. 

At the end I felt like I just watched a 2-part episode of the animated series. Nowhere near to Mask of the Phantasm or the Mr Freeze movie from the 90s

Edited by Robert8

On 8/25/2017 at 11:49 AM, YoshiBlockr said:

As far as DCEU not knowing what their doing. 1 movie. Wonder Woman. This was an amazing film, as it is even being nominated for an oscar. Inspires hope and courage and is by far the best DCEU film. Just shows that DC can make a great film, if they take their time. Same goes for Man of Steel. 

You also dont have to mimic what Marvel does for everyone of their films. They have a dry churlish formula which does work but gets very old and predictable quickly. Its nice to see another studio doing something different.

What? Oscar Nominations aren't even out yet. Rumor has it that they're pushing *cough* bribing *cough* the oscar board for a nomination, but we won't know for a good while. And what do you mean a churlish formula? That doesn't even make sense. You're definitely not using that correctly. 

Wonder Woman surprisingly being good really doesn't mean squat for the movie universe as a whole because they're right back to making idiotic decisions like confusing fans with continuity, making two joker movies (because he totally was the best part of Suicide Squad, right?), and still moving forward with upcoming flops like Justice League Dark, Cyborg, and Black Adam (yes, Black Adam is getting his own movie...let that sink in. That's like Mandarin getting his own movie)

On 8/26/2017 at 1:04 PM, Robert8 said:

So I just watched that "Batman and Harley Quinn" movie....

What the f. was that?

Like, for real..... 

WHAT THE F. WAS THAT???

It was terrible: the writing, the animation, the plot.... The whole thing was a trainwreck

Honestly what's happened with the recent animated DC films? They've been bad. 

36 minutes ago, Ultron said:

That's like Mandarin getting his own movie

maxresdefault.jpg

Almost

I reckon the only reason for the Black Adam movie push is just because of the star power of future president The "Dwayne Johnson" Rock

13 hours ago, Ultron said:

What? Oscar Nominations aren't even out yet. Rumor has it that they're pushing *cough* bribing *cough* the oscar board for a nomination, but we won't know for a good while. And what do you mean a churlish formula? That doesn't even make sense. You're definitely not using that correctly. 

Wonder Woman surprisingly being good really doesn't mean squat for the movie universe as a whole because they're right back to making idiotic decisions like confusing fans with continuity, making two joker movies (because he totally was the best part of Suicide Squad, right?), and still moving forward with upcoming flops like Justice League Dark, Cyborg, and Black Adam (yes, Black Adam is getting his own movie...let that sink in. That's like Mandarin getting his own movie)

Honestly what's happened with the recent animated DC films? They've been bad. 

Whats wrong with a Mandarin movie? My churlish formula I mean, that they are appealing mainly to children. Om the other hand DC is more for the mature audience. Marvel movies have become a joke fest and nothing more, with each one having the same predictable ending.

Also clearly you havent been getting your information from correct sources. Matt Reeves and the Joker film director have said the movie's are loose connection, meaning not direct tie-ins. Again it doesnt have ti be like Marvel where there is a crossover every movie. DC is trying to flesh out their villians first and havent you heard the statement "continuity over creativity?" Who cares about the timeline?Take Fox's Xmen franchise for instance, the film has horrid continuity, but still they make some amazing films like Deadpool and Logan. Both of which so far have no tie-ins and are in their own universe.  

Sure DC is announcing a movie every 2 weeks, but they can talk all they want, unless we hear the movie has began production,  nothing is happening. 2018 we only have 1 DC movie and 2019 we will have 2 or 3 depending on Justice League and Aquaman's success. Films like Deadshot, Gotham City Sirens, Cyborg, Black Adam, Shazam, Nightwing, and god knows whatever movie "ideas" DC has stated. Right now they have JL, Aquaman, Batman film, Suicide Squad 2, Flashpoint, Green Lantern Corp, and Wonder Woman 2.