You forget that Zack Snyder only makes washed-out movies with distracting color schemes. The entirety of Man of Steel outdoor scenes looked like they were white balanced for indoor incandescents, making the whole thing blue for no reason other than to be 'edgy.' Aqua man might have a little more color to him in the film, but I wouldn't expect much more.

I'm actually surprised how much praise I've been seeing on the internet for that picture. I have nothing against the costume per se, but the picture has 'we're making it dark and gritty yayay!' I fully expect this BvS to be as bad if not worse than Man of Steel due to Snyder's truly terrible sense of what tone to take.

I'm with you. I kind of like the tribal look and styling to Aquaman. It's kind of an updated Peter David version of the character, which I have no issues with. But the picture makes me fear that the movie will be another Zach Snyder over processed crap fest visually. What does the man have against natural light and colors? Just look at how good The Winter Soldier and the Wolverine looked. They showed that using an actual full color palett is not only possible. It really really improves things.

The dark and washed out colours seem to be very apparent in the SDCC trailer - It is literally black And very very very dark grey. Batman is in the shadows so much that all you see is a black silhouette and white eyes.

I am in love with the robotic batsuit voice.

I am in love with the robotic batsuit voice.

This.

Good teaser trailer, doesn't give anything away but it really does set the tone of the movie.

"Tell me... Do you bleed plastic? You will."

I just finished remaking the new Batman vs Superman trailer in LEGO. Hope you guys enjoy. :sweet:

I had very mixed feelings over Man Of Steel but I'm very excited for BvS after that trailer. Gives me hope for the DCCU!

@FinalFeature, your trailer is very well made, it does the original trailer justice in every way.

Echoing everyone else, that voice...chilling, in an awesome way. I like all the little glimpses, a great teaser trailer for sure.

Am I the only one who thought the trailer was "meh"? Just didn't really do anything for me :sceptic:

Batman's voice sounds like the Reverse Flash, from the Flash.

I think the trailer was great. Like a few people already mentioned, it sets the tone very nicely without revealing too much of the plot.

Can't wait!

The trailer was ok. It's pretty much what I expected and didn't really show much, which I guess is good. It just doesn't even come close to the Star Wars trailer. Another point for Abrams. :tongue:

Batman's voice sounds like the Reverse Flash, from the Flash.

Indeed. My question is: Why? There is nothing covering his mouth and I'm pretty sure he can't vibrate his vocal cords, so unless he swallowed a sound mixer, I don't see how it is possible for him to distort his voice. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't question it. I'll take Robo-Batfleck over Bale's Bat-voice any day.

Speaking of the Flash, the Arrow/Flash spinoff is rumored to be called Legends of Tomorrow.

I had a hard time feeling any enthusiasm for Man of Steel, in fact it was about a year after it came out until I actually sat down to it. And then, it was just kind of meh. I expected the same coming into BvS.

That being said, I really liked this trailer. The chaotic voiceover at the beginning I think really set the tone for this, and I suddenly find myself, for the first time, excited about where this franchise is headed.

Compared to the SW:VII trailer, I thought that one was kind of a fan-service featurette, and not much more. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I think the BvS was--for me at least--much more effective. Goyer's name in the credits still worries me a bit, but suddenly I am on board with this in a way I didn't expect to be.

Man, why can we hardly see the Bat-insignia? Superman gets his all proud and loud on his costume.

First Jared Leto official Joker picture:

JOKER_LETO.jpg

I mean what?! What?! :wall:

I thought the Joker had some class! I mean he doesn't even have actual teeth--they're metal! At this point I could care less about DC's movie Universe. Wake me up in eight years when they start over again!

This is a terrible look. It would be 100x cooler if those trashy tattoos were scars that he carved into himself. It would make him a lot more freaky and original, frankly.

This is a terrible look. It would be 100x cooler if those trashy tattoos were scars that he carved into himself. It would make him a lot more freaky and original, frankly.

Then he'd just be Zsasz... :sceptic:

Personally, I'm going to wait until something more substantial comes out. I'll just attribute this to a not so great publicity image, for now. Hopefully he'll look better once he gets in a full costume of some sorts. It's not even the skin tone or the lack of smile that's a problem. He just looks, well, odd. It's probably just the picture though. I really hope so because I finally started having faith in the DCCU after seeing the BvS trailer/costumes. I guess I'll always have Arrow/Flash to fall back on if this fails... :sadnew:

Edited by K-Nut

I like the look! It's gritty and I feel it suits the tone of Suicide Squad.

Also its a different approach to the Clown Prince than the ones we had before so I'm excited :sweet:

Bare in mind that the Joker is insane.

DC has the problem of the Legacy of the HL Joker being a fan favorite, hence they have to make a departure from that formula, I will wait for him to be fully clothed before I pass judgment.

I assumed from the surgical glove he is wearing it was implied that he did do all of those himself. Not the same as regular old scars, but like K-Nut said, then he would just be Zsasz.

I am honestly glad they are going a different route than either the DK version or the Nicholson version; each iteration of a(ny) character should do more than just try and live in the shadow of the previous ones.

I could live with this interpretation if he didn't have the facial tattoos. I actually don't mind the silver teeth...

It looks like he's wearing a white suit & gloves in the movie though + I don't see tattoos (maybe because of the low quality.)

joker-133329.gif

11159552_853721667999096_6191699774268253270_n.jpg?oh=bacb8f337ae1757e438074d1ca2ce5fe&oe=55E3DD3B

Edited by Cammo

Anyone seen the new suicide squad images I love Harley and deadshot and katana is part of the squad