I found it a bit odd that no one had started a topic for this movie yet, so I decided I would make one!

I'm really excited for this movie! I've never really read comics that much, but I've always been a fan of comic book movies, and Superman is probably my favourite superhero from theDC universe.

I really feel like the casting for this film is perfect, except for Amy Adams as Lois Lane. Also, Hans Zimmer is doing the music, which I can't wait for!

Anyway, let the discussing begin!

I have to say thet even though Im a fan of Comics and Superhero movies I am not excited at all about this upcoming film. I have never really liked the Superman character because Ive always seen him as invencible, come on he has almost every possible superpower, in my opinion that makes him look really boring.

The trailer was excellent. I can't wait 'til it comes out. But I really can't wait 'til the sets come out. :drool:

I really hope this doesn't suck.

Anyone else hear some smart megablocks comment about the world's deadliest catch while the trailer was happening?

Also, think we'll hear "Son of Jor-el kneel before zod"? cause..ya can't have General Zod without that line.

I'm really excited for this film. I heard people say that this will be the Superman equivalent of Batman Begins, with Nolan as producer. I hope the studio doesn't try to make a cross-over of the two characters, as having Superman in the Nolan Bat-universe would be terrible.

Anyone else hear some smart megablocks comment about the world's deadliest catch while the trailer was happening?

I made that exact comment during the trailer (which I hadn't seen before). I said "what is this, deadliest catch the movie?"

If Nolan is producing, I'm definitely interested. One thing is for sure, this one can't be any worse than the Superman movie from a couple years ago! I never thought I'd see Kevin Spacey in a bad role. Yikes.

I've never been a Superman fan, but this film looks interesting, a darker Superman apparently. I won't say "I can't wait" yet. :wink:

I've also never been a Superman fan. He does seem almost too perfect and, in my opinion, too old fashioned. The concept of a "super man" was probably appealing back when he first appeared, but I don't think the concept has aged well. The last film (Superman Returns) was dull and forgettable. That being said, I'm keeping an open mind about the upcoming movie. If anyone can revitalize a character and remove the bad taste of previous films from your mouth, it's Nolan & Co.

Like many others in this topic I have never been a big Superman fan, but lately I've been getting more and more into superheroes of any sort... even Supes and Bats, both of which have never been very appealing to me.

However what will make me watch this film is that it's directed by Zack Snyder, who also directed Watchmen and 300, two of my favourite films, and it's being produced by Christopher Nolan, who's producing talent is uncontestable. The LOTR soundtrack fit well with the trailer too.

For me, Superman was never a favourite superhero, but if Christopher Nolan is producing (and apparently he'll have a lot of influence on the film), then I'll probably check it out in theatres.

Too bad they couldn't get Brandon Routh as Superman, I liked him in Superman Returns.

I just watched the trailer and I found it pretty boring. I wanted to see more Superman and less sea. :thumbdown:

It is called a teaser, you know? :sceptic:

I'm really hoping this kicks of a DC Cinematic Universe, with a Batman reboot, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman, and Justice League movies in the works, it would be a great moment to start that up. :excited: Back on the subject of this movie, I'm really excited for it. Hopefully it gets to the edgier-ness of the comics and away from the more kiddy Superman flying around and saving everyone because he can. Nothing against the old films, I'm just hoping for a bit more in this one.

Though it was a teaser trailer, there needed to be a bit more Superman I think.

Hopefully we will see an actual trailer soon.

Hopefully the movie will be good! :sweet:

I've always been way more of a Marvel fan than DC. I think their comics are better written and their characters seem more human and relatable then DC. Marvel has opened the door huge for DC with the success of the Avengers and pretty much every other movie they have made! I have seen a lot of the DC movies and they all seem to disappoint me, besides the Nolan Batman trilogy. DC better step it up for this film because if this does bad, I can't seem them trying to many more times, especially after how bad the GL movie was :sick:

I'm excited for this film after seeing the trailer! Not to familiar with the comics but correct me if I'm wrong but the fishing boats seem out of place. One of my friends thought it was Aquaman until we got to see Supes. :laugh:

The cinematography of the trailer footage was amazing; the film will definitely look good. I'm a bit nervous about the direction that they'll take the character in, though. As much as I love Christopher Nolan, I was hesitant about the idea of him being involved with Superman. Batman benefited greatly from a gritty, realistic interpretation, but the Man of Steel doesn't need that.

I never really enjoyed Superman films, but more so of Batman. Since it will be by Nolan and he never disappoints me, I'll definitely see it. :classic:

The trailer was excellent. I can't wait 'til it comes out. But I really can't wait 'til the sets come out. :drool:

Trailer was really good and attracted to watch the full movie.

I am excited to watch it in next year and waiting till release date.

So, gentlemen, you're saying that Nolan is in this as well?! :hmpf: My god.....

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :hmpf_bad:

So, gentlemen, you're saying that Nolan is in this as well?! :hmpf: My god.....

Yep, he's down for post-production and story.

Such a better trailer!

It seems the villain is from outer space instead of Lex so maybe it would be more action packed :classic: