Yatkuu

MOC: Fifty Shades of Bricks

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello!

Here is my latest MOC a BDSM vignette (yep, that's not something you see everyday!)

7617442620_d54e6d6891.jpg

Fifty Shades of Bricks by Yatkuu, on Flickr

"Fifty Shades of Grey" is an erotic novel by E.L. James. Currently only available in English this book is a huge best seller in the US... note that it is currently being translated in 30 different languages so if you have not heard of it yet you should know that it's coming! There is even talk of a movie adaptation...

Formulaic as it is, E.L. James' "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy is poised to become one of the fastest-selling series in recent years, with 20 million copies sold in the United States and 31 million worldwide since March.

That's right, it's huge, this thing is the new twilight.

Anyway, I wanted to see for myself what the fuss was all about so I just started reading it... I won't dwell on the book's content here because it's not the place to do so. I'll just say that I don't understand how something like this could become so popular so fast.... but it inspired me to build something around it.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

It hurts so good! :tongue:

Nice little MOC. I'm not overly familiar with the book because A. I haven't read the book, B. I'm a guy. :laugh: I know kind of what the book is about. Great build. That contraption on the wall doe ant look very inviting...

YIKES! This has to be a guy thing.....can't get past the subject matter to analyze your use of bricks.

Sorry! (It looks as if those books will have to be best sellers without my two cents.)

But then if you ask a woman who has read them, she might feel differently!

This is a very cool build. Love the flooring and the bed.

I have not read the book, but curiosity will see me reading at some point I imagine (your MOC made me more curious to read it).

Thanks for the feedbacks!

... I find interesting to see that there are more comments from Ladies than from guys... I'm sure it has nothing to do with the book though and it must be a coincidence. :wink:

Interesting moc, heard of the book/s its ummm for the ladies from what i hear and yeah definetly not for the shy.

A good depiction of a 'playroom', but I would have had the guy worried and the woman grinning.

As for the book, from what I understand of the content, there was a ready-made market for it. I may see to getting myself a copy.

Hehe.. before reading the description, I thought you added some kind of hidden backroom to the Winchester..

As you said, not something you see everyday, I only have seen a handfull of similar scenes up till now,

this probably the most ..ermm.. famous one (from a couple of years ago) :

http://www.flickr.co...ons/3581030017/

Maybe you can give it another try at CUUSOO,... as a set in a theme based on adult literature.. :devil:

Joking aside, well executed little vignette Yatkuu..

Hehe.. before reading the description, I thought you added some kind of hidden backroom to the Winchester..

Thanks for the feedback J.V.D.!

Well.. I could very well picture this in the Winchester!

You may recall that the initial version of the Win posted on CUUSOO had no detailed interior on the 1st and 2nd floors. So.. when, I asked myself what to place in there I had all kinds of crazy ideas. Admittedly I did not think of adding a play room like this one but I thought of adding an armory, a poker room… In the end I settled on a more conventional approach in order not to jeopardize the meager chances of success the project had… meh, I should have gone all the way.

Really nicely done, and I have to say 1000 times better than the book it is based on!

D

Thank you!

You know what they say, everything is better when made out of LEGO! :wink:

This is so neatly executed! Always love your work Yak!

My girlfriend is reading this - can't say I am that interested in picking the book up myself. I may just ask for a synopsis! :)

Well it sure is something different. But it looks good, the floor with the different colors work great and all the accesories are a great touch. Although the woman doensn't look that exited :tongue:

Hello!

Here is my latest MOC a BDSM vignette (yep, that's not something you see everyday!)

7617442620_d54e6d6891.jpg

Fifty Shades of Bricks by Yatkuu, on Flickr

"Fifty Shades of Grey" is an erotic novel by E.L. James. Currently only available in English this book is a huge best seller in the US... note that it is currently being translated in 30 different languages so if you have not heard of it yet you should know that it's coming! There is even talk of a movie adaptation...

That's right, it's huge, this thing is the new twilight.

Anyway, I wanted to see for myself what the fuss was all about so I just started reading it... I won't dwell on the book's content here because it's not the place to do so. I'll just say that I don't understand how something like this could become so popular so fast.... but it inspired me to build something around it.

I am sure the creater of lego will be crying his his grave :sad:

You know, it's not entirely my cup of tea, but if it makes some people happy and they're consenting to it, then it's totally cool.

My only critique would be to change the head on the girl to one that's more happy. From my understanding on the subject (never read the book, so just speaking on general terms), people who are into this are pretty happy about it and the current head looks like she had no idea this was going to happen and is going to run out of the room screaming.

If the creator of Lego is crying in his grave, we apparently have bigger things to worry about than this MOC. As it is, it's no where near the worst thing I've seen made with Legos.

Edited by Hawkman

lol... really?

I'm sorry but if you were looking for something smart to say to celebrate your tenth post on EB I believe you blew your chance beautifully.

If you don't like what you see please just say so, or don't... but please don't start speculating on what other people might think.

My only critique would be to change the head on the girl to one that's more happy. From my understanding on the subject (never read the book, so just speaking on general terms), people who are into this are pretty happy about it and the current head looks like she had no idea this was going to happen and is going to run out of the room screaming.

Haha, yeah, I hope that the people who really do this are actually happy about it! This scene is supposed to be a humorous vision of the book... if I recall correctly I believe both the guy and the girl remain impassible when they first enter the "red room of pain"...

My goal was to make a parody, something like the book "Fifty Shades of Earl Grey".

I laughed so hard at this! default_laugh_new.gif It's a really original idea and I love the creation itself. default_thumbup.gif Plus, I can honestly say that this is the first BDSM LEGO I have ever seen. You should put this on CUUSOO. default_blink.gif