Sign in to follow this  
Bricktooth

MOC: Mandalorian Starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

I present to you my newest MOC, the Mandalorian Starfighter.

dscf0895.jpg

The Mandalorian Starfighter was first used during the Clone Wars as a light fighter. It is very fast and agile, with abilities rivaling those of a Jedi Interceptor. However, unlike that ship, it has a built-in hyperdrive. Its main weapons are the two laser cannons located on the tip of the wings.

dscf0896.jpg

Here is a view from the front. I think this is the worst angle of the ship. You can see where the wings connect to the body and the cones that serve as cannons.

dscf0901.jpg

Here it is from the back. It was hard to do the angled part on the two sides, because I couldn't find the necessary pieces at first. I ended up using these and these, connected to these.

dscf0899.jpg

Here you can see more of the wing. I added the blue stripes to make the ship more Mandalorian-looking, and to make the wings less bland. The other side is the same as this, as the ship is symmetrical.

dscf0903.jpg

The cockpit has only two joystick pieces, because there isn't room for anything else. The Mandalorian minifig can fit in with the jetpack on. The canopy piece is the one from the Magnaguard Starfighter, and is exclusive to that set. Unfortunately there isn't enough room to have an opening function.

dscf0906.jpg

I really like how this part turned out to be, with all the greebles.The thing on the back is supposed to be the hyperdrive.

dscf0908.jpg

You can see more of how the wings are connected on the underside. I think it looks really sleek.

dscf0910.jpg

Here is a bonus shot of the Mandalorian with his ship.

Interesting ship! The cockpit definitely has a Mandalorian feel to it. I like the technique for the wings. And a good-looking underside? Bonus points! :classic:

It looks very good.

I'd add some knob on the wing to give it more details, and too bad the cockpit doesn't open, maybe if the ship was 1 stud longer it could be possible.

In that solution the hinge is not connected to anything. Thanks for the idea though.

Edited by Bricktooth

Found a solution to the cockpit problem:

lddscreenshot2.png

I'll post pictures tomorrow, as it is too dark here to take good pictures. I've also added greebles to the wings.

Sleek! Cockpit works well, and the grey/blue color scheme compliments the pilot. Overall well done!

^^ This topic hasn't been touched since 2012 and the OP hasn't visited Eurobricks since 2016, so you're not likely to get a reply.  You could still try to reverse-engineer the build from the pictures.

That is a cool build, hope Bricktooth comes back, if only to see these comments.

Nice build! I think the wings look a bit plain, maybe adding something would make it look better

I like how this post had nothing since 2012 and all of the sudden it has a ton of comments, but I also hope he comes back to see that people are still enjoying his moc even now.

I hope that magnaguard cockpit isn't expensive, I'd like to try to build this and mod the wings.