Sign in to follow this  
michaelozzie

WIP Modular battlefield

Ok here is a new project ive finally started. Basically for this WIP I want to combine a modular 32x32 baseplate idea with a tabletop wargaming system for my Napoleonic armies. The idea is to have different buildings and terrain features which can be joined together in various ways to create different battlefields and layouts. These are my first 2 bases for a village setting, it includes a house with a walled garden and a church. The church is actually based off the one from the Austrian village of Aspern and was an important feature in that battle. I liked its design as it has a look that could be used to represent a church in Central Europe, Italy or even Spain. I will be adding other buildings and things like bridges, a walled cemetery, farm fields etc and will update with new pics as they are done in this thread. I will be adding interiors to these buildings also. some more pics can be found on my Flickr

brickaspern2.jpg

Aspern Church and a village house

brickaspern.jpg

Im adding sections that can be removed to simulate battle damage on walls and roofs etc

brickapern1.jpg

Rotating and joining the bases in different ways will allow easy layout changes

Looks great! :pir-classic: Really nice to see battlefields that aren't just a field or something of that sort, reminds me of the Bayonets at Dawn contest.

Looking forward to the rest of the modules, and then of course seeing your wonderful army marching across them. :pir-wub:

I like this Idea, it would be great if different MOCers could team up in all amking such modules and combine them :pir-classic:

Your modules look great by the way.