domino39

Modular Madness: Passage Parisien

indexed.gif B-OM-27C

Modular Madness : Passage Parisien (catégory 3: modular classic)

The building is a Parisian passage with a gallery with several small stores (antique dealer, hairdresser, florist).

The passages Parisian cross several buildings with big windows.

p1110880.jpg

p1110878.jpg

p1110865.jpg

p1110886.jpg

p1110888.jpg

Wow, this is very nice! It's instantly recognizable as Parisien. From the balconies, to the colors on the front of the stores on the ground floor, and that glass roof and tiling on the floor, everything about this screams of Paris. I love it :wub:. I have been to Paris many times, so I know what I'm talking about :wink:. Good luck in the contest :sweet:

Great build! Overall some really tough competition. Hopefully I can get my act together and finish it, but it will be tough when it is time to vote!

I really like the interior shot of the skylight walkway with the overhead lighting. Brilliant. That shot alone makes me want to vote for yours. I do like the roofing angle, of which I thought about doing similarly for my own Modular. I couldn't decide between a flat front or a angled roof top. I think I will go with the latter thanks to looking at yours. The detailing around the front upper windows isn't quite what I was going for, but surprisingly similar. Needless to say I think it looks spectacular.

Good luck in the contest.

This really is stunning. The detail is amazing, from the tiling, to the stores, to all the balconies. :wub:

The colors work so well together. Good Luck in the contest. This will definitely be one to beat. :thumbup::classic:

Wow, I love this style of architecture. The walkway in the middle with the skylight is just awesome. Definitely a front runner in this competition :thumbup:

So French, so beautiful....so classic 19th Century inspired structure 'domino39', gee now I know why I haven't tried a design for the contest. :wink:

AWESOME work, good luck and Brick On 'domino39' ! :classic:

Wow, amazing details! That middle walkway is a great pattern. I like the little shops, very cool. The exterior is nice with the big window displays, they each have their own identity to match the shop(s). I like your railings out front too, very decorative.

Is it the french touch ? default_sadnew.gif

very very very nice entry Dom. Your creation is so realistic. But now You are the one to beat default_blink.gif

Good luck for the contest !

This is very nice indeed.

I'm very glad you posted it near the end of the contest or it might have discouraged me from finishing my own entry!

Is there an interior to the upstairs floors?

Lee

Edited by LeeMcG

the facade is excellent! I like the photo of the hallway (4th photo) which showed the light fittings! All the best!!

Stunning work! I like the NPUs like the droid bodies and gates turned on their sides :thumbup:

The floor work is excellent too and the hairdresser office looks very accurate. The curved stairs are another great detail :classic:

That looks very nice! I like the idea and all the details. It reminds me of a passage we have in the town I live in. The glass roof is really nice! Well done!

Let me start with the one thing I don't like: The windows without glass on the ground floor. But I don't know how you could solve that. And apart from that, it's great - the idea is probably the best one yet in this contest, and the passage itself is gorgeous, with its diagonally tiled floor. The interiors are wonderful, all of them, and there are some great details: The Fabuland watering can as a sign is nice, the barbershop is packed with greatness, and although you're not being awfully nice to those leaf pieces, it's an interesting way to make small trees. And your custom stickers add to the end result. Overall a great modular and another entry that'll be hard to beat... :)

That is a brilliant Modular Building! :thumbup:

Only the direction of the gravity is a bit strange. :tongue:

(You might want to turn the photos 90 degrees.)

The part I like best is the glass roof. The sand green cheese slopes are a great detail.

The tiled floor looks also very good.

It is a shame that you can't remove the shops to make better photos of the passage.

Oh, and Welcome to Eurobricks!

(Go ahead, and introduce yourself in the Hello! My name is... forum.)

This is another great MOC. I like the use of dbg containers as chimneys, and the roof windows are nicely (and smartly) positioned to open to the inside. What I don't like is the use of greenery - I can't believe it's that flexible! Anyway, the Passage has a lovely mixture of texture on the facade as well as interesting interior details.