Murdoch17

Digital Automotive Creations

indexed.gif V-LV-33E

Note: Using my models is okay in other MOC's, MOD's, digital creations, and real life models, just give credit if you do use them here on EuroBricks.

First up:

1960 Volkswagen Microbus (Hippie Version)

Hey man! Come and see my groovy VW bus! It's got flowers all over the outside, and plenty of seating inside. We are headed out to Woodstock, for three days of Peace, Lego, & Music, after that we are heading downtown to protest the war in Vietnam, even later than that, we're going to make T-Shirts saying: "Make LEGO models, Not WAR!" You comming along or what?

1342559249m_DISPLAY.jpg

...Meet my freinds: (in left to right order) Maxwell, Jeremy, & Lucy. We call them Hammer, Nowhere, and Diamonds.

13425592702_DISPLAY.jpg

The rear side showing the far-out flower paint job.

13425592913_DISPLAY.jpg

inside view, with confortable seating for 3, and close quarters seating for 6.

In regards to the names of our hippies, I used Beatles songs/ movies as refrences:

- Maxwell & his nickname are from "Maxwell's Silver Hammmer"

- Jermey is a charecter from from the Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine" while Nowhere is from the song Nowhere man, which is Jeremy song in the movie.

- Lucy & her nickname are, of course refrencing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"

Also, the Maxwell / Hammer minifg is actually a placeholder for the Series 7 collectable minifig, the Hippie.

Enjoy the LDD file..

Edited by Murdoch17

indexed.gif V-LV-34E

...and now for something completely different:

the 1959 Ford Anglia, as featured in Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets. This model comes in 8 variteies.

The inlcuded colors are: Dark bluish gray w/ light bluish grey, white w/ red, yellow w/ light bluish grey, blue w/ red, black w/ red, medium blue w/ white, red w/ light bluish grey, and light bluish gray w/ black.

1342553300m_DISPLAY.jpg

NOTE: One part is not buildable in it's color. This part is not avalible in Light Bluish Grey... as far as I know. this affects only the red / gray stripe and light stripe / Dark bluish gray background models.

13425533282_DISPLAY.jpg

Interior consists of a stick shift and steering wheel.

the LXF is here.

I really like the Kombi van, reminds me of my dad's old one.....but he remembers the 60's....so he wasn't there then ! :laugh:

LDD On 'Murdoch17' ! :classic:

indexed.gif V-LV-34F

1960 VW Microbus

This was made for all the non-hippie people who want a Volkswagen Microbus.

1342556308m_DISPLAY.jpg

Orange, red, black, yellow, & blue are the avalible colors, (white is avalible but looks wierd) are the colors this comes in.

13425563231_DISPLAY.jpg

Being-run-over-by-a-convoy-of-Buses view

13425563352_DISPLAY.jpg

The rear of all of them.

The LXF is here.

Next up, see if you can guess this movie tagline:

How can you kill something that can't possibly be alive?

indexed.gif V-LV-41E

And now, for the moment you've all been dying to see...

This car was modeled after the 1957 Plymouth Fury, made famous by a certain Stephen King book. I built 5 versions, as close as I could to the prototype including a Taxi cab version, and of course the self-repairing, murdering, original hell-on-wheels: Christine .

1342555356m_DISPLAY.jpg

The 1957 Furies, which are a red w/ white stripe, black w/ Dark red stripe, Blue w/ white stripe, yellow Taxi w/ white stripe, & white w/ dark bluish grey stripe.

13425553651_DISPLAY.jpg

Tree-top view of the cars, becuase cars can't climb trees...

13425553742_DISPLAY.jpg

The rear end running away... the one thing you'll never see of these cars.

13425553763_DISPLAY.jpg

This is the last view you'll ever see of Christine. Sadly, 50's Rock 'n' Roll music is not included with donwload.

The LXF link is right here. Now, if if you don't mind I'm going to try and find a bulldozer... and fast!

Your Minibus looks a lot like the Camper Van in Lego Rock Band.

PDVD_018.jpg

It's a good design this type of vehicle. :thumbup:

As a car fan, I have to say that your Plymouth is very accurate. But the camper and the Ford is also nice. Keep on making these beautiful cars!

indexed.gif V-LV-41F

Sorry, I was without internet since Friday. :blush:

My Answers & replies:

@ Phred: Yes, the camper is a reconstructed version of that Rock Band van without the monsterous rear engine and wheels. I used LEGO official instructions for the orginal model, then tweaked it a lot. (I can't seem to find the Rock Band bus instructions on LEGO.com anymore, can someone help find it and post the link?

@LEGOfreakKO345: The Plymouth was made 2 years ago, and updated last week. The Plymouth's car colors have been added, as a Light bluish grey background with a dark grey stripe / interior colored car is buildable.

Next up, an older model I've posted before:

1920's MOON Automobile (made in my hometown of Saint Louis Missouri, from 1905 - 1930.)

The protoype for this car was made in 1922:

13367458571_DISPLAY.jpg

Fourteen versions of this car exist.

Left to right, back row: Tan w/ black stripe, solid Blue, solid Green, solid Yellow, Black w/ light bluish gray stripe, solid Orange, & solid Reddish Brown.

Left to right, front row: Sand Green w/ black stripe, solid Dark Bluish Gray, solid Red, solid light bluish gray, Dark Blue w/ black stripe, solid Dark Red, & White w/ black stripe.

13367458582_DISPLAY.jpg

Overhead view

13367458603_DISPLAY.jpg

The sand green version's front & left side.

13367458624_DISPLAY.jpg

The entire left side.

13367458645_DISPLAY.jpg

The rear & right side view, showcaseing the spare tire and tail-lights.

13367458656_DISPLAY.jpg

The running-you-over-view.

The LXF file for all the Moon's colors is in this link.

More to come, so keep your eyes peeled!

indexed.gif V-LC-20B

Moving on...

1918 Dorris truck

(This truck is based off a particular automobile that resides at the Museum of Transpotation in Saint Louis, Missouri. It was a Dorris touring coach, built and designed in Saint Louis, converted into a truck. The orignal LEGO truck was from set 10222, Winter Village Post Office, and resembled the actual truck so much so that very little modification was needed.)

1343066948m_DISPLAY.jpg

The colors that can be built are: Red, White, & Black.

13430669561_DISPLAY.jpg

top view.

13430669612_DISPLAY.jpg

the rear view.

13430669643_DISPLAY.jpg

The Dorris Motors Corporation was founded in 1906, stopped full production in 1923, and went bankrupt by 1926. This was their logo.

The LXF is in this link.

Nice designs; thank you for sharing! I'd like to try and Friendzify some of them, if you don't mind?

Curtis

@ Phred: Yes, the camper is a reconstructed version of that Rock Band van without the monsterous rear engine and wheels. I used LEGO official instructions for the orginal model, then tweaked it a lot. (I can't seem to find the Rock Band bus instructions on LEGO.com anymore, can someone help find it and post the link?

There's a link to the instructions in the Lego Rockband Topic. I'm not sure how long this PDF will be available on the Lego website, and I was hoping to build this (eventually). So I saved it and took screen captures of the PDF. The images are in my PicasaWeb album.

indexed.gif V-LC-20C

@ Pencil_42 : No, I don't mind if you Friendzify them.

In fact, If you don't mind, you (or anyone else) can post their own Automotive MOD / MOCS here. There is one catch: post pictures (real or digital) with a LXF for all of us to make our own. Oh, and if you want to make your creations buildable in real life, download Superkalle's LDD Manager Program (the link to the topic) That way, you can find all you missing, mis-colored, & mis-placed parts in you model that need to be replaced. It also gives you links to the Bricklink page of the digital parts. (Such as, you have 231 Tan 2x4 bricks on your model list, so it will give you a link to here. Thus, you select you color... but I don't to go further since I'm pretty sure you know how to use Bricklink. :tongue:

Also, @ Phred , If you could change the title to somthing like this it would be greatly appreciated:

Title : Digital Automotive Creations

Subtitle: LDD & LDraw files of real life models welcome too!

Oh, and Thanks for the link! Now everyone can build their own Rock Band Van!

Next up from me, The Generic 1960's Van:

1343237356m_DISPLAY.jpg

This van is not based off any other Real Life model that I could find, except for the set it was orginally included in: set 10183, Hobby Train. (The van came ontop of a Railroad flat-car, thus it was in that set.)

13432373601_DISPLAY.jpg

This model comes in three colors: Dark bluish gray, Blue, & Red. The model seats 1 figure and has a removable rear door.

13432373632_DISPLAY.jpg

Honestly, The model looks like it came out of the 1960's Soviet Union. (Don't ask me why, I don't know, it just gives me this feeling, especialy the Dark bluish gray one.)

Anyway, here is the LXF.

Next up: the final vehicle collection!

Edited by Phred

Now I'm going to share with you all something very special... a collection of all the previous vehicles. (plus some more!)

First, the main pic:

1343238754m_DISPLAY.jpg

all the cars, plus 1 light / dark grey Plymouth Fury, and 3 more VW Hippie vans!

13432387661_DISPLAY.jpg

1918 Dorris truck (Red, White, & Black)

13432387752_DISPLAY.jpg

1922 Moon Automobile (Tan w/ black stripe, solid Blue, solid Green, solid Yellow, Black w/ light bluish gray stripe, solid Orange, solid Reddish Brown, Sand Green w/ black stripe, solid Dark Bluish Gray, solid Red, solid light bluish gray, Dark Blue w/ black stripe, solid Dark Red, & White w/ black stripe)

13432387813_DISPLAY.jpg

1957 Plymouth Fury (red w/ white stripe, black w/ Dark red stripe, Blue w/ white stripe, yellow Taxi w/ white stripe, white w/ dark bluish grey stripe, & light bluish grey w/ dark bluish grey stripe)

13432387834_DISPLAY.jpg

1959 Ford Anglia (Dark bluish gray w/ light bluish grey, white w/ red, yellow w/ light bluish grey, blue w/ red, black w/ red, medium blue w/ white, red w/ light bluish grey, and light bluish gray w/ black)

13432387875_DISPLAY.jpg

1960 Volkswagen, Regular (Orange, Red, Black, yellow, & blue)

13432387946_DISPLAY.jpg

1960's Generic Van (Dark bluish grey, blue & red)

13432387977_DISPLAY.jpg

1969 Volkswagen, Hippie w/ flowers (Red w/ pink flowers, Black w/ blue flowers, yellow w/ red flowers, blue w/ yellow flowers)

And finally, the LXF is grouped so that all the Furies are together in a sub-group, and the Moon's are in a another sub-group. I'm working on more vehicles... so stay tuned!

NEWS UPDATE! PLEASE READ THIS NOTICE!

Anyone can post here with their digital & / or real world LEGO vehicles. Just inclued a LDD or LDraw file (or files) within your post. NOTE: Using Superkalle's LDD Manager prgram is Highly suggested if you want people to really build you models. HOWEVER: if you just made it for fun, PLEASE rell us that it's not buildable!

I recommend that people who have their own town LDD MOCs to show them in their own topics. It will get real confusing with one LDD MOC mega-topic filled with a lot of MOCs made by a lot of users. Great MOCs will likely not get commented and be missed from other creators busy posting their MOCs in this topic. This topic should only contain your own creations.

Thanks for building this great hippie bus. I want to build it myself, but can you tell me which partnumber the grey mirror is?

Wonderful Cars! My mind is thinking about a town layout called "Havana" where older styled cars roam the streets like they are not endangered species like in America or Europe.

I think every thing is great......except the Plymouth Fury. Way off, but I'm prejudiced. My father helped build them and we had one as a family car.

At a minimum, the headlights need to be dual and some how it has to be more like a Fury and less like a Checker. I suppose the lines of many 50s cars are hard to capture with Lego.

I love the retro theme of the author thank you very much) :wub:

Thanks for the comment. The moderators might not like new posts in a year-old-plus topic. (but that's their business,not mine) Anyway, I have recentley created a newer topic with more LDD models inside. See here: http://www.eurobrick...howtopic=101622

Thanks again.

Edited by Murdoch17

Very lovely! The generic van is clearly a VW transporter pick up truck!