MoralWarfare

MFZ Frames

So I've gotten into Mobile Frame Zero recently, and have had a blast getting some actual building done. I've only churned out a few frames so far, but once a rather large PaB order comes in, I'll be making some squads.

First up, the Super Chub, an obvious riff on Soren's original Chub design.

7425438892_408c0a718c.jpg

Super Chub (XKR-27 Artillery Cannon equipped) by HatRabies, on Flickr

Emphasis with this build was on articulation, and it manages to articulate pretty well!

7425438554_8a5dc22166.jpg

Super Chub (articulated feet) by HatRabies, on Flickr

As seen in the first picture, I've made a few different systems for this frame. Here are a few more.

7407154750_c871f74fef.jpg

Super Chub Flight Equipment by HatRabies, on Flickr

A rear shot of the flight equipment. I was pretty happy with how the thrusters came together.

7425438680_b58f59e810.jpg

High Mobility Unit (rear) by HatRabies, on Flickr

7407154568_4a522aef2c.jpg

Super Chub Siege Equipment by HatRabies, on Flickr

Next up is a much smaller, more nimble frame. The Sprinting Ghost.

7407154872_7561453c27.jpg

Sprinting Ghost & Pilot by HatRabies, on Flickr

Shown above in a small vignette with its pilot standing in front of it. I was definitely channeling some Macross influences with this one.

7407164106_7c31b1687a.jpg

SRM-79 "Sprinting Ghost" by HatRabies, on Flickr

And here is an optional melee variant of the same frame.

7407176776_e2702a2228.jpg

Sprinting Ghost Slasher Equipment by HatRabies, on Flickr

And finally, a frame build for a challenge presented. The requirements were to use no taps, pneumatic T's, or Travis bricks.

Introducing the Nightingale.

7443032332_c6453124f9.jpg

RTK-7 Nightingale by HatRabies, on Flickr

I hope you guys enjoy these, I've certainly had a blast building them and cannot wait to build some more!

Edited by MoralWarfare

Impressive. I can't even begin to say what I admire most: The simple, yet effective body/front shield, the extraordinary articulation, the sidearms... a true orgasm in robotics.

Nice bots here! Good use of pieces too!

EDIT: 500th post! YAY! :grin:

Edited by DraikNova

Awesome stuff! Great articulation, as you say. Keep up the great work!

Incidently, Lego has lost my online order where I ordered a bunch of bricks just so I could make some Frames... and so I wait!

Woah! Awesome MOCs. The first frame is so impressive! And, in scale of Microfigures, will look great (however more like exoskeleton)

Wow! These are just fantastic... I have such a strong desire to go and build some now.

Awesome frames. The posability is incredible.

I have yet to actually play the game, but seeing awesome builds like this makes me want to :thumbup:

These are some excellent MFZ frames but I'd have to say the 'Sprinting Ghost with Slasher Equipment' and the 'RTK-7 Nightingale' are by far my favorites.

Thanks for the comments, all! I'll definitely be building some more once my PaB order arrives! It sure is taking its sweet time, I'm getting antsy to start building some more!

rongYIREN, those two are my favorites as well! While I love the Super Chub, it was nice to build something completely my own, as opposed to basing it off others builds. My building skills might be a bit rusty, but MFZ is definitely dusting those off a bit.

I appreciate all the comments!

Edited by MoralWarfare

My PAB order arrived today! Woo hoo!

I'll be making some sweet frames tonight!

I'd love to see some pics that show the brick breakdown. Then I'll need to order a few pieces that I lack!

The articulation is just too nice to pass up.

Wow, I love these, thoguh I'm not familiar with the game the mechs themselves look awesome! I can't believe how much articulation they have for something so small! :classic:

I'd love to see some pics that show the brick breakdown. Then I'll need to order a few pieces that I lack!

The articulation is just too nice to pass up.

Sorry for my recent absence! I was waiting on a rather large PaB order that took its sweet time. I've had enough requests for breakdowns that I'll be putting some up this week. I'll make sure to post them here when its all said and done.

So once my PaB order arrived, I went straight to building the rest of my company. Here's how the group stands right now.

7804688734_27d33b13c8.jpg

Super Chubs by HatRabies, on Flickr

7804688962_e23a0b2ac6.jpg

Super Chub Marines by HatRabies, on Flickr

7804689216_953bfdee5f.jpg

Super Chub Marines by HatRabies, on Flickr

7804689436_4745024680.jpg

Sprinting Ghosts by HatRabies, on Flickr

And a shot of the whole gang. I need a bigger lightbox!

7804688562_2d14db9702.jpg

The whole company. by HatRabies, on Flickr

And today I figured I'd try my hand at a quadruped for the first time. Not entirely thrilled with it, but it could have turned out worse!

7824928020_6644c5a09f.jpg

VX-97 Spider Ghost by HatRabies, on Flickr

7824927596_138a29c5d6.jpg

VX-97 Spider Ghost by HatRabies, on Flickr

*snip*

And today I figured I'd try my hand at a quadruped for the first time. Not entirely thrilled with it, but it could have turned out worse!

*snip*

I totally agree, it could have turned worse... :sweet:

I love your designs, I even couldn't figure how some parts are linked together! Very nice work :thumbup:

These mechs are so cool! I really do respect bpeople who can make them, I have tried and failed many a time =(. You really did do a great job on these ones here!

On 8/21/2012 at 2:52 PM, Bighappysmiles said:

These mechs are so cool! I really do respect bpeople who can make them, I have tried and failed many a time =(. You really did do a great job on these ones here!

Same here :D