DNL

The Hornburg in Helm's Deep

7596303398_266aa6ebf4_n.jpg

I built this model as a promotional display for a store in Oslo. If you live nearby or visit Oslo you should check it out! The store is called outland and is located next to the main street of Oslo.

This is also probably the last MOC you'll see from me the coming months. I will have little time to build and no access to my bricks.

7596303676_2ac631698b_m.jpg

This is beyond epic :cry_happy: The way you've captured every detail of the structure and even managed to build it at almost the correct scale is impressive and elevating the benchmark for future builds quite a bit.

What I'm most impressed with is how you captured the situation when the forces of Saruman are gathering in front of the Deeping Wall and the defending troops awaiting the onslaught :thumbup: Having Aragorn and Gimli already outside of the secret door is a nice feature, as well.

I built this model as a promotional display for a store in Oslo. If you live nearby or visit Oslo you should check it out! The store is called outland and is located next to the main street of Oslo.

Noooo I don't live anywhere near there! :sad:

Such an outstanding MOC, I hope the store paid you well for crafting such a spectacular masterpiece. :thumbup:

Now that's a Helm's Deep! I love all the details and everything, it looks very much like it does in the movie! The crazy part is though, even with you expanding the size so much it STILL is quite a bit smaller scaled to the minifigs than the thing potrayed in the movies!

One of the most impressive MOCs I've ever seen. :wub: Stunning work!

:oh3:*oh2*:sing: That is amazing the mountain is just so realistic and well, I am llost for words! truly epic. Shame it is your last MOC for a while :cry3:

Wow that is amazing! Great job in incorporating the rock work surrounding the structure!

Very good MOC. Are they already selling lotr sets in Norway? if not, do you know when they start?

your builds are always fantastic and this one is no different.

Sorry to hear about your lack of access to your bricks. MOC like this are always a good day to start my day and are a great inspiration.

I can't think of a superlative to describe just how good this MOC is but here goes...Incredible work! Comfortably the best Helm's Deep I've ever seen. The attention to detail is astounding. How long did this take to build?

Beautiful. And it's the first pro quality MOC I've seen that's not afraid to use a few prefab pieces ( on the angles near the gate ). Just wondering how the ramp was built. Looks like bent 2's with the pavement only connected on the left side and resting on tiles on the right. Not sure how the jagged bottom was disguised... Anyhoo, the mountain is awesome. I wanna see round the back too...

Edited by Missing Brick

Wow this is truly amazing! I love the rock face on the right and the "exploding" wall. Well done! :thumbup:

Just stunning work. The way the fortress sits nestled into the rockwork is outstanding. :wub: The action with the exploding wall is very neat too. Way to set the bar for future Helm's Deep mocs! :thumbup:

Simply stunning :oh: The rockwork is beautiful as is the fortress, sad to hear you won't be able to build for a while :cry_sad:

Excellent model Daniel, it just breathes LOTR fighting scenes. default_satisfied.gif

Too bad to hear you won't be able to build for a while, I'll surely miss your inspiring work then.