TheDarkness

Show your LOTR pictures and armies

I've decided to get Shelob attack's, although I will get uruk-hai army later on as I intend to get all LOTR set's at least once. I will miss that new horse though... Though I guess I could get Gandalf arrives as well as shelob attacks, as put together the price would go just over Uruk hai army. Thank you for your opinion's though, you made my choice easier.

I'm thinking of getting Shelob's attack's to start with as well. Providing it's still available.

Available? Here in Canada that set is everywhere - even in small remote toy shops.

Just had a look online to see if any of the sets released in the U.K are available locally and it keeps showing as out of stock. Will probably have to order them online.

Please stop discussing sets availability in this topic. It is not the focus of the discussion here. Thanks.

Thanks Luxor... back on topic: (whoops forgot the obligatory link)

Maybe you recognise this scene: (lighting is deliberate)

7627231886_c8cd4e46a4_z.jpg

Perhaps they await something like this:

7627284446_65fea898c6_z.jpg

As part of my Nocturnus Guild army, I have included the half-uruks and wildmen that would've been present at Helm's Deep (according to the book). I have found the POTC zombies & cannibals (together with Jack's headpiece) + CMF werewolf headpiece + Lord Garmadon + uruk-hai armour mix in well. Going by the movie, uru-hai are often reddish, brown & black. So far TLG has almost only given us dark red. This addresses some of that too.

7627250952_f8b12352ab_z.jpg

Also, this rather large spider hangs from the light fitting on its own thread...

7627300078_8355025b94_z.jpg

Edited by Artanis I

As part of my Nocturnus Guild army, I have included the half-uruks and wildmen that would've been present at Helm's Deep (according to the book). I have found the POTC zombies & cannibals (together with Jack's headpiece) + CMF werewolf headpiece + Lord Garmadon + uruk-hai armour mix in well. Going by the movie, uru-hai are often reddish, brown & black. So far TLG has almost only given us dark red. This addresses some of that too.

7627250952_f8b12352ab_z.jpg

Pretty good! Though I think Jack's hairpiece looks very silly on them. And as far as I know, there weren't any Minotaurs in the Lord of the Rings. :tongue:

Did you get all those Moria Orcs in extra Mines of Moria sets, or did you buy them off Bricklink? I was thinking of getting 6-8 more myself off BL, but I was hoping we would see more pics of upcoming sets to help me decide. If we get a bunch more sets with rhe same Moria Orcs (the Goblin King and Warg sets rumored perhaps?) I will prolly hold off. Anyways, fun pics!

Pretty good! Though I think Jack's hairpiece looks very silly on them. And as far as I know, there weren't any Minotaurs in the Lord of the Rings. :tongue:

You don't like the Captain Wildmen? :cry_sad: Oh well. I did mention that the figs were "part of my Nocturnus Guild army" - the photo is a small section of that army. (But there were minotaurs in Narnia, why not Middle-Earth?) Another head that would work really well for an orc (if only it was tan or brown) is Voldemort.

Did you get all those Moria Orcs in extra Mines of Moria sets, or did you buy them off Bricklink? I was thinking of getting 6-8 more myself off BL, but I was hoping we would see more pics of upcoming sets to help me decide. If we get a bunch more sets with rhe same Moria Orcs (the Goblin King and Warg sets rumored perhaps?) I will prolly hold off. Anyways, fun pics!

I bought the Moria set twice, the others are from BL. I figured the same: the reason I haven't gone beserk on orc minifigs - who knows what other sets they might be in? I might be kicking myself in the end. :wacko:

Edited by Artanis I

I know it's not my LOTR MOC, but I made an account just to show this huge diorama I found on brickshelf. It surely is the best LEGO Helm's Deep recreation there is.

Snip

It's already been shown, by the owner on here: The Hornburg In Helms Deep

@ Artanis I, nice display! I like the Jack Sparrow hair on the orc's, as long as it's the one without the hat. With the hat it looks quite weird.

Edited by Captain Settle

@ Artanis I, nice display! I like the Jack Sparrow hair on the orc's, as long as it's the one without the hat. With the hat it looks quite weird.

Thanks, and I agree. In time I'll swap the hatted ones out.

There was a little bit of conjecture in the Castle Army thread, so it might be a little easier to have seperate Castle and LOTR picture threads :)

Just a pic or two of my current setup. I really do need to learn to take proper photos!

"It is an army built for a single purpose... to destroy the world of men!"

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheMatrix31/LOTR/helms_deep1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/TheMatrix31/LOTR/helms_deep_3.jpg

I know it's not my LOTR MOC, but I made an account just to show this huge diorama I found on brickshelf. It surely is the best LEGO Helm's Deep recreation there is.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/danielz/c-a-s-t-l-e/978--------HelmsDeep/07z.jpg

Pictures should be 800x600 maximum as per site guidelines. If you can't get a picture smaller than that, please don't deeplink them.

(Kinda a mix with Star Wars, but anyways...)

Here's a bunch of my clone troopers holding up 4 Uruk-hai; you can see Eomer on the right between two clone troopers, his horse in the background, and the wall on the left.

IMG_0998.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to save up and get more sets soon.

I have 15 Uruks 1 beserker 2 Moria Goblins 1 have the fellowhip except Frodo Sam and Merry.I have a cave troll, 3 dwrfs warroirs, 4 Guards of minas tirith, 1 Harad spearmen I am buying another 4 soon.And more Goblins. I play LOTR SBG with lego is so much easier than GW.

Edited by Duke of wellington

How do you have Guards of Minas Tirith and Dwarf Warriors when neither have been officially released yet?

He probably means customs. :thumbup: But I'd love to be proven wrong and be told that they're officially released! :laugh:

Just a small diorama. Théodred at Fords of Isen.

And here's a small diorama of Théodred not too long after that. :wink:

gen001.jpg

Hey guys! I'm a filmmaker who's just getting into LEGO reviews on Youtube and I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan (as well as an AFOL).

I'm pumped that the trilogy sets actually made it to the shelves, and I'm reviewing all of them! My review on Attack on Weathertop, set 9472, is already online. More are coming every day!

I believe I truly offer a perspective that"s often neglected by the current popular lego reviewers. I also take pride in precise and effective cinematography of each set I review.

It would mean the world if the people here on eurobricks would check my stuff out because I love talking LEGO, especially when people will listen! I'll be doing giveaways and special videos as well! any AFOL would enjoy!

:classic:

Hey guys! I'm a filmmaker who's just getting into LEGO reviews on Youtube and I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan (as well as an AFOL).

I'm pumped that the trilogy sets actually made it to the shelves, and I'm reviewing all of them! My review on Attack on Weathertop, set 9472, is already online. More are coming every day!

I believe I truly offer a perspective that"s often neglected by the current popular lego reviewers. I also take pride in precise and effective cinematography of each set I review.

It would mean the world if the people here on eurobricks would check my stuff out because I love talking LEGO, especially when people will listen! I'll be doing giveaways and special videos as well! any AFOL would enjoy!

:classic:

I disagree with your 5/10 score, but keep going anyway, hope to see more reviews from you!