Walter

Disney's Haunted Mansion Vignettes

Let me just start off by saying I wasn't too sure what theme these creations would fall under, so

I figured that this area would be the best place to post my Haunted Mansion creations.

I recently built three Haunted Mansion vignettes from the classic Disney attraction and I'd like to share them with you all. I tried my best for accuracy while still keeping it somewhat simple.

7571551974_d58571474e.jpg

Madame Leota by Walter Boy, on Flickr

First up is Madame Leota.

"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat; call in the spirits, wherever they're at. Rap on a table; it's time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond. Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween: awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond; let there be music, from regions beyond! Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint, by ringing a bell!"

-Madame Leota

7574272310_ef9f2e2f7c.jpg

The Caretaker by Walter Boy, on Flickr

Second is the graveyard's caretaker and his dog.

"The happy haunts have received your sympathetic vibrations and are beginning to materialize. They're assembling for a swinging wake, and they'll be expecting me. I'll see you all a little later."

-Ghost Host

7576769106_458ff9d056.jpg

Hitchhiking Ghosts by Walter Boy, on Flickr

Third and final is everyone's favorite hitchhiking ghosts!

"Ah, there you are, and just in time! There's a little matter I forgot to mention. Beware of hitchhiking ghosts! They have selected you to fill our quota, and they'll haunt you until you return! Now I will raise the safety bar, and a ghost will follow you home!"

-Ghost Host

I've been experimenting around with effects like Pepper's Ghost to see what I could come up with, especially for the last picture, but I've run into problems like double reflection. I may still have some other pictures to add in a couple of days.

I hope you all enjoyed the vigs. :classic:

Love it. My favourite part is the Hitchhiking ghosts - because I remember that part of the ride the best. Great representations of the scenes! :sweet:

I've never been on the ride- but great vigs! They've all got a creepy, chilling, feel to them. I can't pick a favourite! Looking forward to the next vig you make.

Very nice. Now if someone could do the bride scene or the ballroom it'd be awesome. Maybe I can try my hand at the former, not to steal your thunder. Nice work!

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed them. :classic:

Very nice. Now if someone could do the bride scene or the ballroom it'd be awesome. Maybe I can try my hand at the former, not to steal your thunder. Nice work!

Don't worry about it. I'd love to see anyone try their hand at scenes from the ride, especially the ballroom! One day I'd like to attempt it, but I probably won't be anytime soon.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed them. :classic:

Don't worry about it. I'd love to see anyone try their hand at scenes from the ride, especially the ballroom! One day I'd like to attempt it, but I probably won't be anytime soon.

Whenever I get the Monster Fighters Zombie set I plan on using the bride from that set mixed with the CMF 7 bride's hairpiece/veil to make the moc. I just need to think of what to use for the clutter in the attic. I have some older furniture pieces built (Gramophone, lamp, chests, etc), it's just a matter of arrangement and space. Organized chaos if I may.

As for the ballroom, that'd be a monumental task. I'd at least try to make the organist and his organ.

I hate to dig up this thread, but I had some more pictures to share.

Awesome work Walter. You should post that Caretaker one with the special lighting too!

Thanks! I actually was going to back when you asked, but that was the only extra photo I had to share so I decided to wait until I had some other photos to show also.

7611162572_2c64e2e24f_n.jpg

The Caretaker by Walter Boy, on Flickr

7858730466_8153f13933_n.jpg

Madame Leota by Walter Boy, on Flickr

7863945818_25e0df1527_n.jpg

Hitchhiking Ghosts by Walter Boy, on Flickr

I also have a group shot of all the figures I used, which I will upload soon! :wink:

Thank you for the comment. I love doombuggies.com! I actually used them when researching for these builds. Very useful site. :classic:

I also have one last picture to post with a group shot of all the minifigures.

7867197650_62f6d86c5e_n.jpg

Haunted Mansion Minifigures by Walter Benson, on Flickr

I'm hoping that I'll do more Haunted Mansion builds in the future, although when I'm not sure.

I think the designs are really good and would fit in well with my Phantom Manor MOC. I did a similar thing with Madame Leota but used a glow in the dark Snape head and stuck a light inside it. The table wasn't as ornate though, given that I'd relegated her to the attic, so only really viewable through a window (see below).

IMGP7151.JPG

Its an old MOC now, as I built it for a show in 2009, and the rest of the display got demolished in 2010, but I still have the house. Here's a winter view of the Manor with the lights on.

IMGP7150.JPG

My favourite Haunted Mansion site is "Haunted Dimensions" which is where I got the inspiration to build Phantom Manor. At some point I might revisit the theme and build the other two Disney manor houses to the same scale.

TTFN

Kaitain