Here the official press release! Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:28 AM

a_10229_box_front_800.jpg

image links to BS gallery with lots of HR images

10229 Winter Village Cottage

+12, 1490 pieces, S@H

US $99.99, CA $129.99, DE €99.99 , UK £89.99, DK 899 DKK,

Available at the Beginning of October.

Get cosy in the Winter Village Cottage

Continuing the Winter Village series, build the Winter Village Cottage for a perfect holiday home. Seat Grandpa snugly by the fireplace with his newspaper

as you help Dad to put up the tree, then bake a feast in the kitchen with Mom! When it’s time to stock up the storage shed with firewood, bring

the kids for a ride with Dad on the sled watch him cut the wood with his chain-saw deep in the forest. When the snow gets really deep, clear

the road with the snowplough, take all of the kids skiing or build an igloo to play in. There’s no cosier place to spend long, frosty nights!

• Includes 8 minifigures: mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, 3 children and snowplow driver with assorted accessories

• Features cottage, storage shed, igloo, street lamp, sled and snowplough

• Accessories include kitten, owl, fireplace with LEGO light brick function, chandelier, Christmas tree,

wreath, gifts, armchair, kitchen appliances and bed

• Storage shed features tools and firewood elements

• Igloo features fireplace and removable roof

• Detach the snowplough to store it in the back of the truck!

• Make the fireplace glow with the LEGO® light brick!

• Decorate the cottage!

• Fetch firewood with the sled!

• Drive the snowplough!

• Cottage measures 6.7” (17 cm) high, 9.8” (25 cm) wide and 5.5” (14 cm) deep

• Storage shed measures 4.3” (11 cm) high, 2.7” (7 cm) wide and 2.7” (7 cm) deep

• Igloo measures 2.7” (7 cm) high, 2.7” (7 cm) wide and 2.7” (7 cm) deep

• Snowplough measures 2.7” (7 cm) high, 7” (18 cm) long (with plow attached) and 2.3” (6 cm) wide

• Add the new Winter Village Cottage to other LEGO® Winter Village series models like the

10199 Winter Toy Shop, 10216 Winter Village Bakery and 10222 Winter Village Post Office

10229_newEx_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg 10199_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg

10216_723x370_mainstage_en.jpg Direct_10222_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg

Nothing says LEGO® Holiday better than our holiday exclusives. The Winter Village Cottage, our 2012 edition, has holiday excitement around every corner,

inside and out. From stringing the lights on the roof to topping the tree with the translucent, yellow star, this set is building proof that the holidays are here.

Get into the spirit with this holiday exclusive!

And we are getting the Winter Village Cottage! I saw a pic of it in a Lego store (an employee there showed it to me). The B-Wing and the Haunted House were there as well. In my excitment I forgot to get the set number, but the set name is Winter Village Cottage. It's got a blue cottage (duh!) with white (snowy) ceiling, some minifigs and another small "thing" on the side which I couldn't really identify (a small building like the Winter Village Post Office? Sorry, but it was in this this low-quality printed piece of paper...)

Nevertheless, it seems lovely!

First official news of the set.

The set will have 1490 pieces and retal for $99.99, €89.99.

If we look at the piece count......

815 (10199) Winter Toy Shop

687 (10216) Winter Village Bakery x2 would be 1.374

822 (10122) Winter Village Post office

1490 (10229) Winter Village Cottage This set has more then double the number of pieces then the Bakery!

Must be Huge! *oh2*

Thanks for the breaking news, Artifex! Indeed, I will move this to the Town forum.

Thanks for the breaking news, Artifex! Indeed, I will move this to the Town forum.

Thanks. :sweet:

I have edited the title of the thread and added what will most likely be the set number.

Intriguing news indeed! I'm certainly looking forward to see how this will turn out. =)

Say, could you tell from the picture what shade of blue it was? And roughly what size was the cottage - regular WV, or (as some rumours have it) a bit larger?

Thanks for the corrections, guys (moving the thread, adding the set number...). I wasn't sure where to post.

'Hope we can get some pics of the set soon.

I'm very happy to hear that we're getting another offering in the Winter Village series - but my wallet is screaming in agony over all the very expensive awesomeness coming our way in such a short timespan (what with the Haunted House, UCS R2, etc).

Intriguing news indeed! I'm certainly looking forward to see how this will turn out. =)

Say, could you tell from the picture what shade of blue it was? And roughly what size was the cottage - regular WV, or (as some rumours have it) a bit larger?

The cottage looked a little bigger than the Winter Village sets we got so far. As for the blue... It reminded me of the MMV tavern blue. But mind you: the pic was on this low-quality printed piece of paper. Even the Haunted House didn't look that good in the sheet (there were 3 sheets of paper: one for the HH, one for the WV Cottage and one for the B-Wing).

The cottage looked a little bigger than the Winter Village sets we got so far. As for the blue... It reminded me of the MMV tavern blue. But mind you: the pic was on this low-quality printed piece of paper. Even the Haunted House didn't look that good in the sheet (there were 3 sheets of paper: one for the HH, one for the WV Cottage and one for the B-Wing).

Okay, thanks. =)

I'd like to see that sort of blue in a WV set. I imagine it'd go well with the white and the earth-shades there tends to be in them.

This sounds like a great addition to the WV series. I would like to see pictures of it though before I decide anything.

If the last two reveals are anything to go off of, I'm betting that this will be revealed at the beginning of next month. Can't wait! :thumbup:

This goes well with previous rumor about "Hutte", which means pretty much the same as "Cottage"

Nice! default_satisfied.gif

Glad to hear it'll have a white roof. That's the only thing I didn't like about the Post Office. It looks great, but paired with the other WV sets its green/melted snow roof looks strange.

I posted this almost a month ago! A picture would have bean better news! :devil:

Glad to hear it'll have a white roof. That's the only thing I didn't like about the Post Office. It looks great, but paired with the other WV sets its green/melted snow roof looks strange.

Perhaps the post office gets more direct sunlight than the other buildings :wink:

If an actual picture was seen I'm sure it won't be long until we see a pic online. Looking forward to this set.

I posted this almost a month ago! A picture would have bean better news! :devil:

Sorry there. I used the "search" function looking for "Winter Village Cottage" and couldn't find anything, so I went along with my thread. You sure beat me to the news!

I assumed these were selling well, so I'm not surprised there is another addition to the series. I'm excited and disappointed at the same time. The rest of the series has been awesome and great little builds/parts packs. They come off as great purist versions of Hogsmeade for Harry Potter (in my opinion), but they work great for a winter village series also. I'm disappointed because of all these other great themes/sets coming out. I don't know how I'll be able to afford everything. I've already cut out some sets/themes from my list. I guess I'll keep chipping away until I can afford the ones I want the most. I can't wait to see pictures and see if this is a worthy addition! I would certainly welcome a medium blue or a sand blue. I don't have any sand blue bricks.

That's fantastic news! I am relieved to hear that Winter Village collection is still alive. I was afraid they might discontinued. That made my day! :) Can't wait to see the picture of it.

Were getting closer. It's too bad were taking such little steps. :sadnew: Now we have the name and confirmation of item number. And a foggy description of it. I need more money!! :cry_sad: