Artifex

Winter Village 10229 Winter Village Cottage

The thing that bothers me even more than the shoddy torso choices is the street light inconsistency... I really wish they were all the same(modeled after the first ones). Those lights really fit with the atmosphere of the buildings.

I like all the different street lights. Off course in a village it looks weird when every street light is different but I like it to see what different technique they used this year instead of the same technique for every set.

I like all the different street lights. Off course in a village it looks weird when every street light is different but I like it to see what different technique they used this year instead of the same technique for every set.

I think they should keep at least the style of the roofs. I dont't really like the green roof of the post office because the first two buildings had white roofs and now we get another roof with more than a ton of snow on top of it. So it's snowing quiet more on this roof or what?!

Maybe it's just me but you would have to alter the roofs to make them fit in a diorama.

(I didn't alter them in mine.. but still ...)

legoxmas2011-1.jpg

legoxmas2011-2.jpg

legoxmas2011-5.jpg

legoxmas2011-6.jpg

I am excited for this release. I love the winter village line. They always add in a lot of charm to the sets. And they make a perfect Hogsmeade for Harry Potter fanatics.

The price point is great for the piece count and figure count. I do like them being a little cheaper, but this set will be a good addition.

The blue works well since the others have had little splashes of color. This almost fits right in with the MMV with the brown trim.

I don't love how much snow is on the roof compared to the others, but I guess that happens. I may have to alter the post office roof now that I see this addition.

I really like the new street light techniques, but I would also appreciate if they were similar enough since they should all be in the same village. On second look, I love the new look of the street light. I may end up retro-altering the rest of the lights in the village. I really like this look. And I want more of the black posts instead of the white for the modulars.

I am excited for this set. Thanks for the pictures. I'm glad to finally see it!

Edited by TheLegoDr

Cant wait for this thing to come out I really love the nice smooth snow covered roof and the sharp blue on the walls will make this set stand out. The snow plow is a little cute addition too.

Been stalking this thread recently and forgot to check it for a few days and magically pictures appear! I love the Winter Village sets - they're the sets that got me into collecting and LEGO again.

I have all three sets, and looking forward to adding the Cottage to the Christmas display, though I think my mantle is too small now.

As for the piece count - there are approx. 77 1x1 square tiles in the kitchen floor, at least 20 pieces in the string of lights (I think, didn't count closely), so it does take that many pieces to build a finely detailed set.

As for people looking for the Toy Shop... I have a sealed set in my cupboard...

Like the other three Winter Village sets, this one is a must buy for me. But I'll have to move my Winter Village display to a larger shelf. It seems a bit larger than the others, but not completely out of scale. For the price, giving the high piece count and the 8 minifigs it's actually cheaper, when calculating the Price-to-piece ratio and even at 100€ it's still reasonable priced.

Well depending the snow depts. The only partial snow cover on the Post Office, might be from the steep roof. Actually that one has the steepest roof of all Winter village buildings so that the snow slid down due to bad insulation. The thinner on the other buildings could be from shoveling down the snow after a heavy dump, and the cottage family just doesn't shovel their roof.

mFg Widdi

Awesome set. Thanks for sharing.

This is definitely a must have. Lego is becoming my passion for the second half of the year: first the monter fighters season until Halloween, then the winter sets!

Well in the Video Jamie says that the designer (Steen Anderson) wanted the set to look like it has just bean in a "Snow Storm" and that this was one of the challenges for the set.

The side building is a tool shed and the igloo has a stove inside (as a joke)

Also the plow of the truck can be removed and placed on the back!

The lamp post is the same one used in the Modular Building series but now available in black.

Edited by GRogall

Is the video for this set already availble?

And I was wondering: what white plates and maybe trees you should buy to connect all current winter sets?

Being away at sea for 10 days, I feel like I missed a lot of everyday life. Luckily, I met a fellow from local LUG and he showed me a small picture of the Cottage. It looked lovely enough to fit with other set in the series, but upon looking at other pictures now available, I am ecstatic. There are so many interesting details (both outdoor and indoor lamps, 45°-turned floor tiling, chair in the room, igloo). Despite the higher price (there are much more bricks included, although many small ones), I'm pretty confident I'll buy the set. All in all, I like a more 'civil' set in the WV series, and this cottage fits perfect with the 'store' included so far.

This sets looks better than I expected. I was wary of announced blue color, but the cottage manages to pull it off (better than the MMV, IMO). I see the figs as being of secondary or even tertiary importance in the theme, so I wont complain about them.

As for the roofs, I guess the post office guys are more responsible in cleaning their roof than the others!

I found it hard enough to recap everything said on the last 10-12 pages, but looking at the pictures again, it looks like the newspaper tile is actually a sticker? Do we know if it will remain a sticker or become a new printed piece? Sorry if it has been asked before.

Otherwise, the building looks great. As much as I like some of those other expensive sets, I think this one may take priority over them.

I found it hard enough to recap everything said on the last 10-12 pages, but looking at the pictures again, it looks like the newspaper tile is actually a sticker? Do we know if it will remain a sticker or become a new printed piece? Sorry if it has been asked before.

Otherwise, the building looks great. As much as I like some of those other expensive sets, I think this one may take priority over them.

Nice spot! I can't see why they made it a sticker?... On second thought, it's probably because it's(the newspaper print) not going to be widespread in it's use. Although, I don't see why not. Oh well, at least stickering a 2x2 tile is easy.

Well in the Video Jamie says that the designer (Steen Anderson) wanted the set to look like it has just bean in a "Snow Storm" and that this was one of the challenges for the set.

There's a video? I couldn't find it on youtube - perhaps a link? :)

Here the official press release!

a_10229_box_front_800.jpg

image links to BS gallery with lots of HR images

10229 Winter Village Cottage

+12, 1490 pieces, S@H

US $99.99, CA $129.99, DE €99.99 , UK £89.99, DK 899 DKK,

Available at the Beginning of October.

Get cosy in the Winter Village Cottage

Continuing the Winter Village series, build the Winter Village Cottage for a perfect holiday home. Seat Grandpa snugly by the fireplace with his newspaper

as you help Dad to put up the tree, then bake a feast in the kitchen with Mom! When it’s time to stock up the storage shed with firewood, bring

the kids for a ride with Dad on the sled watch him cut the wood with his chain-saw deep in the forest. When the snow gets really deep, clear

the road with the snowplough, take all of the kids skiing or build an igloo to play in. There’s no cosier place to spend long, frosty nights!

• Includes 8 minifigures: mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, 3 children and snowplow driver with assorted accessories

• Features cottage, storage shed, igloo, street lamp, sled and snowplough

• Accessories include kitten, owl, fireplace with LEGO light brick function, chandelier, Christmas tree,

wreath, gifts, armchair, kitchen appliances and bed

• Storage shed features tools and firewood elements

• Igloo features fireplace and removable roof

• Detach the snowplough to store it in the back of the truck!

• Make the fireplace glow with the LEGO® light brick!

• Decorate the cottage!

• Fetch firewood with the sled!

• Drive the snowplough!

• Cottage measures 6.7” (17 cm) high, 9.8” (25 cm) wide and 5.5” (14 cm) deep

• Storage shed measures 4.3” (11 cm) high, 2.7” (7 cm) wide and 2.7” (7 cm) deep

• Igloo measures 2.7” (7 cm) high, 2.7” (7 cm) wide and 2.7” (7 cm) deep

• Snowplough measures 2.7” (7 cm) high, 7” (18 cm) long (with plow attached) and 2.3” (6 cm) wide

• Add the new Winter Village Cottage to other LEGO® Winter Village series models like the

10199 Winter Toy Shop, 10216 Winter Village Bakery and 10222 Winter Village Post Office

10229_newEx_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg 10199_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg

10216_723x370_mainstage_en.jpg Direct_10222_723x370_Mainstage_EN.jpg

Nothing says LEGO® Holiday better than our holiday exclusives. The Winter Village Cottage, our 2012 edition, has holiday excitement around every corner,

inside and out. From stringing the lights on the roof to topping the tree with the translucent, yellow star, this set is building proof that the holidays are here.

Get into the spirit with this holiday exclusive!

Edited by GRogall

TheBrickShow has put up as a teaser from BrickFair.

LegoClubTV also just put up the official video.

:classic: It looks great with many small details.

Edited by The Blue Brick

I have a feeling this set will come in a really large box.

Really liking the interior and accessories that comes with it :D

There are so many interesting details (both outdoor and indoor lamps, 45°-turned floor tiling, chair in the room, igloo).

Come again? Afraid I'm not seeing that!

The set looks amazing! I love the tan chair design - I definitely will be using that. Are those 1x1 bricks with studs on the sides in red-brown? (Youtube video at 4:38)

Thanks for the video! Going back to the lampposts, I really like the one used here. The trans clear cheese slopes as the glass look great. I may have to convert the others to that style, depending on how much the black posts are.

Great!

Thanks a lot for posting all those images and the video link. This is set is really great and as the designer mentioned in the video: there has to be something new to the series. The fully-loaded roof is great IMO as well as all the details. Though I hope the next set will be smaller (and cheaper) one, I think this one is really great.

Can't wait until christmas!