Artifex

Winter Village 10229 Winter Village Cottage

When I first looked at the set from the chimney side (exterior), I was trying to figure out what that silver thing is coming out toward the base. I then was examining the interior wondering if they had dropped the “Light-up Brick” element from the series. I now speculate that the light-up brick is in the fireplace which I actually think is a cool idea. Well I’m a new member and that’s the thought behind my first ever, official post!

Nice set. Lots of cute little details. A VERY nice addition to the series, IMO. A definite 'must buy' for me.

Surprisingly, I'm not even freaking about the price.

It's in keeping with the VW camper in price, yet has more pieces (and I like it more...even though I think the VW is a great set).

I have to admit though, I was fully expecting to see the CMF ice skates make an appearance this year. Perhaps next year...

Edited by Ogre

Lots of things to like about it, but quite a few to not like about it.

To bring back the talk about the quality of the minifigure design, this one seems to have a kid wearing a scuba suit torso. So he's just been scuba diving in the middle of winter? Great logic, LEGO.

Not a fan of the blue colour for the house. Looks weird and "unnatural" for a winter setting. It could certainly be customized to another colour though, but that'd probably cost a bit. Really like the overall design of the house otherwise though, so that's a shame.

Not a big fan of the snow plow.. Feels a bit half finished.

Anyway, I'm actually kind of glad I'm underwhelmed given the jacked up price for this.. Now I might actually skip it altogether which my wallet will appreciate.

I am not too sold on the blue for the cottage though, however i absolutely love the truck and the igloo and the tile floors. I also wished they could of provided some way to access the top floor like a stairs perhaps!...the cottage should of been made of those dark brown pieces to give the appearance of a wooden building made of logs which would go with the small house holding the firewood. what is that small house supposed to be?

Another note, I would of rather an ice lake with a guy fishing instead of the small house.

Edited by kermit

Christmas has come early and 'GRogall' again is Santa ! :laugh:

This winter set I totally :wub: it, the snow plow, the igloo, the cottage itself.....oh, goodness Lego you have possibly come up with the best one ever....yeah and it will sell well too ! :grin:

Is it just me or do we get some new minifig parts (new heads/torsos), the kitchen looks beautiful and the living room with fireplace is the bomb....that's a big ball for the kitten to play with ! :laugh:

Thanks 'GRogall' for those images....the downside is Australian stores will not get these in until next July for mid-year toy sales, import time I say to us Aussies ! :laugh:

I didn't like the blue for the house either. And for this price, I wouldn't expect spend more money to change this color.

LEGO could have used more of these new dark tan brick to do the whole house.

I love it! :wub:

A great set with lots of neat details.

And I still haven´t unpacked nor built any of the three former winter sets. :thumbup:

Wow, this set looks amazing. Just from the look of it, it looks like it may top the other WV sets as the best in the series.

This building doesn't look that much bigger than the others to me... seems about on par with the other sets. The blue cottage is okay, I guess, but I'm not a fan of the depth of the snow on the roof. Also, why do we need so many minifigs? I'd be fine with 4-5, especially if it kept the cost down.

I love the igloo!

ETA: I'm also happy that this is a HOUSE and not a business!

Edited by slovakiasteph

I have to say Im quite taken with this one. Last year I bought the bakery and toy shop for my girlfriend for Xmas which were both such awesome sets and good price points... This year it'll definitely be this and the post office... shes just wubbed over seeing pics of this so its a definite from me... and a cry from my wallet :cry_sad:

Thanks GRogall for these amazing pictures!!

I'm not 100 percent in love with this set, but I already know that I will have to buy it too add to my collection. The wood hut thing is the part that I'm liking the least. To me it just doesn't really fit in with the rest of the set, but I won't make a final judgement until I get to see it in person. The rest of the set is pretty good, but it still doesn't compare to the Toy Shop or Bakery in my opinion.

I might need to find a larger table to display all four Winter Village sets and the Holiday Train now this winter! :laugh:

This goes well with previous rumor about "Hutte", which means pretty much the same as "Cottage"

Nice! default_satisfied.gif

Yup, hutte is (at least in Norwegian) a cabin in the mountains. I'm super excited about this set and SO glad I started getting these when they first came out! So fun to make them all up each year. Ikea makes a cool backdrop of winter trees with lights between the two lines of trees - perfect for displaying these each year!

What a fine looking set,It has been a while since I last bought a ''house set'' mayby I might get this set.

One thing is bothering me though,why is there a squirrel in the living room?:laugh:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Awesome. Overpriced, but awesome. Or should I say awesome, but overpriced.

It's amazing how we get all of these Creator and other homes where it's all about the structures themselves, and then they turn up empty. Now here in the Winter theme, which seems to always focus more on being outside in the wintery community and smiling at passersby, etc., we got a fully furnished home. What gives?

I'll buy it, TLG, and I'll try to keep the grumbling down... but I'd much rather see the price point drop back to where it was if not lower for the Winter theme. $50-70USD.

And yes, the figs are becoming an issue as well.

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I love the look of this set!

So much I couldn't really see in that crappy picture I saw in a Lego Store!

Thanks a lot for the pics!!! They are awesome, just like this set!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

PS: Has this news (pics!) been frontpaged yet? The set surely deserve it!

I'll buy it, TLG,......

That might be quite hard,I don't thing the lego group will want to sell there business just yet.:laugh:

PS: Has this news (pics!) been frontpaged yet? The set surely deserve it!

Yes It is now on the front page.:classic:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

That might be quite hard,I don't thing the lego group will want to sell there business just yet.:laugh:

Sorry. I have a tendency to envision the entire Lego Group as a single living entity, and address it directly here on EB. Call it a bad habit, if you like :laugh:

I collect these each year, and the kids' winter Christmas village grows and grows.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=4794289

This one seems a bit more elaborate internally than usual, yet a bit less "special" from the outside.

Whatever.... it will fit into the village and I'll be buying the usual number: one to build, one to store in the vault and take to my grave or give to the kids in the will, and one to resell or gift as needed.

Oh I really do love the winter sets, The snow plow is awesome.I love the classic style of the vehicles in these winter sets.The postal delivery truck in last years winter post office...and now this beautiful new snow plow. Cute cottage too :D

I really like the interior of the cottage and the cozy igloo but little else. The light blue color scheme bothers me, and I'm not as crazy about the plow truck as I was for the mail truck last year. The shed is a nice design though.

But, Lego, the price and piece count... They're sickening, repulsive, insulting ... I could go on with the adjectives. I agree with what was said before about hoping Lego would maintain the previous scale of the Winter Village sets. I did a double take when I read the price and piece count for this. The other day, I had the same reaction when I saw the City Garage on Lego S@H. Lego, you're beginning to convince me that your new aim is to be an elitist toy company that caters only to the wealthiest consumers. While it could be argued this particular set can afford the hefty price due to the adult collector being the possible targeted audience, the same can't be said for sets in themes that are unquestionably aimed directly at young boys and girls. After 25+ years of continuous collecting of Legos, I'm finally reaching my breaking point when I see sets such as this Winter Village Cottage!

I wouldn't say they're an elitist toy company... There's plenty of inexpensive sets out.

This is awesome! I love everything about the set, minus the figs. :sadnew: I didn't agree with what Graysmith was saying previously. After seeing the figs here...bummer. I like the green jacket torso(CMF snowboard guy?) and the light blue with scarf from last years WV. But, the others?! That dark grey torso with the purple handkerchief and the green overalls. Didn't we get both of them in 10222 Post Office? I don't know, Im not too impressed by this years crop of characters.

Love the building. Hate the figures. I think it would be best to remove the three or four most generic figs and drop the price by $10.00. :hmpf_bad:

This I like, great parts selection, some good figs and another newspaper for my ever growing collection of LEGO printed newspaper tiles.

Only downside will be the .au pricing for it :(

Can anyone see, what can be put on the back of the snowplow? The sleight maybe?