Small update though I don't have my proper camera at the moment. One small cellphone pic to show current phase, I'll return with better images later :)

cell.jpg

Edited by drakmin

Wow! I'm not familiar with Technic at all, but I consider every of these sketch models to be really wonderful pieces of art! Looking forward to the final model, it should be fantastic!

Love the red with black and white background shot. :thumbup:

Small update though I don't have my proper camera at the moment. One small cellphone pic to show current phase, I'll return with better images later :)

I really love the studio thing you've got going on with the large prints on the wall etc. Thumbs up. Keep up the good work. Following your project with great interest default_thumbup.gif

Excellent job it's coming along very well cant wait to see the final product. Do you have any idea when this might be finished?

I really love the studio thing you've got going on with the large prints on the wall etc. Thumbs up. Keep up the good work. Following your project with great interest default_thumbup.gif

Thanks. I was first building on top of my 52" lcd tv but prints turned out to be more handy.

I have no idea when this will be finished. Building speed is mostly restricted by my work. If I had only spare time I could finish this in a month I think. With current work load I believe a year is closer. ;D

Thanks. I was first building on top of my 52" lcd tv but prints turned out to be more handy.

With "on top" you mean your TV placed horizontally and physically building on top of it?

You are right, the prints are probably more handy default_satisfied.gif

Love the TV idea though. Little off topic, but I always imagined playing board games like that.

Quite the project you have here. Just found it while browsing through forums. Did you do initial design in a virtual lego design tool? Would love to be able to start such a project myself one day! also, looking forward to see how you are currently progressing on this :)

Did you do initial design in a virtual lego design tool?

Thanks for comments and questions. I don't use any Lego CAD software instead I use normal trial and error with real bricks. In my work I use 3d softwares and Lego is a great break from sitting in front of a computer :)

Considering the x-wing progress I moved into new apartment and also had to restart the whole x-wing for various reasons. Before real progress photos here's my new building environment and a redesigned wing opening mechanism.

AHA_9382_1.JPG

AHA_9377_1.JPG

I'm moving to a new apartment in a few month and I must say that your looks very nice. I really like the contrast between the wooden floor and the light colors of the walls and furnitures :thumbup:

Oh and the x-wing still looks amazing :sweet:

Wow, that's a lot of gears! :wink: It's already looking really impressive & I'm looking forward to seeing the final result. Do you have any idea of the number of parts you'll use? Are you going to cover it with plates, or only use technic? Cheers, Robin :classic:

Do you have any idea of the number of parts you'll use? Are you going to cover it with plates, or only use technic?

I have no idea of the part count. I think I'll measure the finished models weight and divide it by average Lego bricks weight to get some figure. I will leave no holes to the model and try to use as much only Technic parts as possible. Some odd shaped smaller holes though require some use of system parts. New photos in a week, thanks for patience :D

Edited by drakmin

New photos in a week, thanks for patience :D

I cant wait, it looks a fairly sizable project :thumbup:.

wip100.jpg

Some progress with the main body. Black supporting frame inside took long to get stiff enough. Matchbox to give some scale.

That's coming along well.

Maybe I already said this, but I really appreciate your presentation skills, with the blended background layers and the annotations. Makes your great models even more awesome!

One point of criticism; what's taking you so long?! Get building :wink::laugh: