Looking through parts in LDD, the body can be 'sort of done' with part# 3063 spaced with #3005, its not circular but its close enough, the dome is another matter.

If i was you, with the effort and attention to detail, i'd be 3D printing a bespoke R2 for this amazing creation :)

36 minutes ago, All in the Reflexes said:

body can be 'sort of done' with part# 3063 spaced with #3005

Thanks! I think I'll experiment with different spacing methods for "macaroni" pieces. I want to use only original Lego pieces so printing is not an option :) I think I won't use even custom stickers :D

Just brickbuild one - it doesn’t really matter if it isn’t a perfect dome. All I’d recommend though is perhaps not trying @All in the Reflexes’s version, as nice as it is, because of the ribbed dome appearance you’d be left with.

Edited by Bartybum

Might a technique like the one used with the water barrel on the roof of the Detective's Office work?

First cockpit detailing tests:

2N7CGzu.jpg

i1g2bqe.jpg

gek7tUH.jpg

thSJLml.jpg

Edited by drakmin

On 10/21/2018 at 4:46 AM, Bartybum said:

Any updates on this beast?

Hi!

Yes, some minor updates.

I have moved into a new apartment. This resulted in a 2 months pause in the building.  Anyways, I started again last week by trying to make the opening canopy sleeker. Also you can see that top of the dashboard has been upgraded a bit.

QTnAvcm.jpg

On 9/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, The Little Brick said:

Any progress updates?

Oh I do hope, this thing was incredible

Since you guys bumped this topic back up I've just checked out the whole thing from the start until now, what an amazing project! :thumbup:

Hi everybody! I have moved so there will be some delay with any progress! But I will finish this model before I die :)

18 hours ago, drakmin said:

Hi everybody! I have moved so there will be some delay with any progress! But I will finish this model before I die :)

Do you have any plans for building other technic ships?

On 10/18/2019 at 9:44 AM, drakmin said:

Good to hear you're alive and kicking, was a bit worried since there's been so sparse with updates.
I miss the progress but life is what happens when you make plans or try to do things. Or was it the other way round?

Looking forward to updates, whenever they might come. I was so inspired by your project and attention to detail that I've actually started one of my own, in the same spirit. But that one is just in the startup phase so there's nothing to show or tell yet, part from where the inspiration came from :)

All the best, Jens B

On 1/3/2020 at 2:12 PM, YTech said:

Good to hear you're alive and kicking, was a bit worried since there's been so sparse with updates.
I miss the progress but life is what happens when you make plans or try to do things. Or was it the other way round?

Looking forward to updates, whenever they might come. I was so inspired by your project and attention to detail that I've actually started one of my own, in the same spirit. But that one is just in the startup phase so there's nothing to show or tell yet, part from where the inspiration came from :)

All the best, Jens B

Hey do you have already something to show?

Update: New Lego room for late autumn 2021! The house is being built right now. It's time to start designing storage system, building desk and lighting! Room dimensions are roughly 3300mm x 2700mm. Glass starts from floor and extends to ceiling!

xSZ4sLA.jpg

Also here is the state of the X-wing and my part collection:

YocCin9.jpg

I have now modeled the new building room as an empty space from the drawings. Next I'll start designing building desk and drawers for parts. I should be moving in after 9 months :) If you have any good ideas or proved storage systems please let me know!

s3Nwq4e.jpg

View towards balcony. Right side wall consists of sliding doors, they have 900mm storage depth inside.

ha7kduS.jpg

View towards apartment.

Don’t know what you can get in europe but in North America Akro-Mils makes some nice storage cabinets.  I use/love them.  Nice new space.  Centre island desk? 

Edited by KD123

22 minutes ago, KD123 said:

Don’t know what you can get in europe but in North America Akro-Mils makes some nice storage cabinets.  I use/love them.  Nice new space.  Centre island desk? 

Hey thanks! Nice looking storage with clear drawers. I'd like to build / get led panel lights behind drawers to light up the part collection. Also center island desk: yes! My primary wish currently. I think I'll design and build one with wheels so it could also be moved against a wall. I'll post more renderings when I have first design options ready!

4 hours ago, drakmin said:

Random image dump on no specific order :)
If you want to stay up to date more easily I post my progress mainly here: @drakmin on Instagram

<snip>

Holy Crap.....this is insanely awesome.

Edited by Kage Goomba