Schooling is important and comes first! This blows me away that you're working on this architectural masterpiece while working on becoming an actual architect. That's got to be tough! So how much of an influence was lego in your architectural pursuits or was it the other way around?

Hi again. I have now finished my school and graduated as an architect. I will now continue on this build. I already sketched the engines a bit more and it seems that my topic is misleading. Correct topic should be 140cm X-wing ;D

It is so great to see this project come to life again!  I already have made your Snowspeeder (Which rocks BTW) and want to know if there are any future plans to release LDDs or a manual for this, I would love to build one when completed!

On 5-10-2016 at 8:11 AM, drakmin said:

Hi again. I have now finished my school and graduated as an architect. I will now continue on this build. I already sketched the engines a bit more and it seems that my topic is misleading. Correct topic should be 140cm X-wing ;D

That's great, and congratulations with graduating!

Looking forward seeing this project finished :classic:

On 5 October 2016 at 5:11 PM, drakmin said:

congratulations. Can you please share the huge schematic of the t-65 you have been using as a reference? 

On 8.10.2016 at 6:00 AM, atlas said:

congratulations. Can you please share the huge schematic of the t-65 you have been using as a reference? 

Hi and thanks! I've used this thread and images as one reference. For me this seemed the best made material as a reference! http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=4065&page=2

I don't remember where I found the picture I have printed on the wall. I thought it was in that resinilluminati thread I linked but it doesn't seem so.

Edited by drakmin

On 12 October 2016 at 8:02 AM, drakmin said:

Hi and thanks! I've used this thread and images as one reference. For me this seemed the best made material as a reference! http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?t=4065&page=2

I don't remember where I found the picture I have printed on the wall. I thought it was in that resinilluminati thread I linked but it doesn't seem so.

thanks that is very helpful anyway!

Small update, a cellphone picture :) 

At last I have solved the landing gears. At the moment they can support whole ship and they can still fit inside the hull and engines when retracted. If they still hold the completed ship I will post details about their structure and design. I am now doing the front cone as you may be able to see from the drawing on my desk. There are also two front cone prototypes on the desk, try to spot them :D

cTfoZjJ.jpg

I will have to redo the wings one more time. At first I thought I'll remove one detail of the original ship and do flat underside for wings. I have now decided to add the detail of engines visible to the inner side of wings. This might become quite a problem since there is only a thin area left to be used as structure for the wing. One wing is 450mm in length so avoiding bending and sagging will be a challenge :D

RF77M6B.jpg

This is great. And the photos are amazing... lots of light coming into your apartment. 

also, set 30611, would the R2 head be the right scale?

30611-1.jpg?201701030431

A bit too small head if it's 4 studs wide. 5 studs would be correct diameter for R2 in this case :D I will possibly need to build the R2 also.

Cool to see this project is still alive (and congrats with your graduation). Does the landing gear fold into the engine? And still leaves enough space to show some engine details? And is strong enough to support the ship? That's impressive...

Those wings will be a challenge. Do you plan to taper them to one stud at the edge?

Thanks for the update! Sooo looking forward to your completed xwing.

Wishing you the best and hope everything falls into place nicely!

16 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Does the landing gear fold into the engine? And still leaves enough space to show some engine details? And is strong enough to support the ship? That's impressive...Those wings will be a challenge. Do you plan to taper them to one stud at the edge?

YES to all three landing gear questions!

Atleast for the time being. Also landing gear hatch is operated by pneumatic cylinders. I might need to reinforce things if my current weight estimate is not enough. About the wings I will of course try to do them to a correct dimension. At the moment I'm not 100% sure if the correct width at the end is 1 1,5 or 2 studs :) I think each one of those is doable.

BSHXjy2YYc1j2.gif

My first ever gif! Here you can see the landing gear range of motion. Basically the landing gears are "wedged" in their place via wormscrews. Most of the weight is going vertically into wing structure.

OTTVHwk.jpg

Cellphone photos of the same thing with engine outer shape in it's place.

This is such an awesome MOC, I love the fully technic design and it's quite impressive to see how well everything has been coming out thus far!

@drakmin I can't wait to see this completed and hear the final piece count. After you're snow speeder model, I expected this amount precision and functionality. You deliver some truly beautiful builds. Terrific work and congrats on your degree! :thumbup:

This is truly incredible :sweet: !!!  I never cease to be amazed by the MOCs on this lego starwars forum. Good luck with the project, I cannot wait to see this build thread through to completion and final assembly.  The force is strong with you buddy.

Finally, well done for graduating as a lego star wars architect/designer/engineer !    

I haven't realized till now how huge this is. Reading the title (120 cm x-wing) hundred times still doesn't give the perspective that your last couple images do! Best luck with the project.