Sign in to follow this  
rongYIREN

A-31 Agile Hawk/ S-31 Hawkeye (AWACS)

I am updating with a new variant to the Desktop Series project that I have going on. This is the 'Agile Hawk Mk.2'

If you have seen the project before you'll notice that this design is a slight departure from the original A-31 Gunship.

I guess this could be considered the fighter variant.

7862778324_c9f32456d2_z.jpg

Reviews are always welcome!

You can check them out here!

Support if you like :)

Thanks,

rongYIREN

The rest of the series [these are just prototypes below...]

desktop_series_fighters.jpg

desktop_series_fighters_cuusoo.jpg

Edited by rongYIREN

These are really neat! As others have said your presentation is excellent, and the gunships have a very nice style :classic:

Awesome! I'm not sure if the AWACS thing really works for me, but very smooth design. I love it!

Awesome! I'm not sure if the AWACS thing really works for me, but very smooth design. I love it!

Hey thanks! I would, of course, be interested in hearing why the AWACS doesn't work for you. My own critique of it would be that it is a bit too small.

I'm divided... the ships are absolutely lovely... but the presentation, is ... equally fitting for these beauties!

I'm always super impressed by the compactness of your builds... no extraneous items of forum - just compact awesomeness. Really well done.

So do you actually have two of these? or did you just swap out the colours when you were done?

I'm divided... the ships are absolutely lovely... but the presentation, is ... equally fitting for these beauties!

I'm always super impressed by the compactness of your builds... no extraneous items of forum - just compact awesomeness. Really well done.

So do you actually have two of these? or did you just swap out the colours when you were done?

Thanks for the compliment, I really do appreciate it! As for the Gunships I really do have two of them. Initially I had planned to put two of the A-31 ships in a MOC but then got the idea for the AWACS and then got the idea for the cloud set up. By the way, there are two ships but just one background set.

Do these fit a minifig? Regardless, they're brilliant. The presentation is all aces!

Thanks! The ships, however, don't fit a minifig, the cockpit is just a bit too narrow. I have toyed with the idea of enlarging the cockpit but just haven't gotten around to it.

rongYIREN

I love your builds rongYIREN and these are no exception! I especially like the clouds, display, and overall clean look of your gunships. Presentation is spot on too.

I love your builds rongYIREN and these are no exception! I especially like the clouds, display, and overall clean look of your gunships. Presentation is spot on too.

Thanks for the kind words, Dapper! Appreciate it.

Really cool. The compact design is excellent. The desktop concept is interesting too. We'll done. :)

Really cool. The compact design is excellent. The desktop concept is interesting too. We'll done. :)

Hey Xand0r,

Small and compact is the way I like to go ,I generally don't build large MOCs. Thanks for the compliment!

rongYIREN

these are pretty sweet! love the colors and the over all design, however, i would drop the inverted slopes at the front of the rotors. they just don't look really well like that, imo

these are pretty sweet! love the colors and the over all design, however, i would drop the inverted slopes at the front of the rotors. they just don't look really well like that, imo

Thanks for the comment snefroe. I feel like if I drop the inverted slope from the front it'll look a bit too naked. The transition from "rotor" to the cockpit area was just too harsh without the inverted slope.

rongYIREN

Amazing! The clouds are almost as good as the ships themselves ;)

Ha, it's funny that you mention that because I think I had a bit more fun working out a solution for the cloud design rather than the ship... :classic:

I like it. Got a bit of a manga feel to it.

Thanks DraikNova! Although the manga/ comic/ cartoony style is never really intentional, a lot of my stuff turns out that way - I guess it is jut my personal style.