Sign in to follow this  
The Joker1

Superheroes 2013 set guessing game.

Well the Robin Unveiled at SDCC is Tim Drake, plus Dick is there as Knightwing.

Ye I think Lego designed him as Tim but Tt must have thought he was Dick. I know for sure it's not Stephanie Brown :laugh:

Ye I think Lego designed him as Tim but Tt must have thought he was Dick. I know for sure it's not Stephanie Brown :laugh:

Yes it is Tim in the game, was mislabeled. Actually, I think it resembles Damian Wayne's makeshift Robin suit. I really hope it's Damian, or I will pretend it is!

Yes it is Tim in the game, was mislabeled. Actually, I think it resembles Damian Wayne's makeshift Robin suit. I really hope it's Damian, or I will pretend it is!

Nope, it's not Damian. You can see his Robin suit in Lego Batman 2 DLC.

That's his offical costume, I was talking about his first makeshift costume.

That's his offical costume, I was talking about his first makeshift costume. I was talking about his offical hooded variant from Lego.

No I don't think so, the lack of stylized Lego breasts being a dead giveaway there. But I think the one in the game, the Batcave and the Funhouse IS Dikc Grayson, the older one is Damiam Wayne, and the newest one will be Arkham Series Tim Drake.

No I don't think so, the lack of stylized Lego breasts being a dead giveaway there. But I think the one in the game, the Batcave and the Funhouse IS Dikc Grayson, the older one is Damiam Wayne, and the newest one will be Arkham Series Tim Drake.

The older Robin minifigure couldn't be Damian Wayne as the Figure was released in 2006 but, Damian didn't become Robin until 2009. I think that figure was meant to represent the Robin from The New Batman Animated series from back in the 90's, which many of the figures were ( Two Face, Mr Freeze).

Anyway back on Topic I think that the smallest set next year will be the Spider-man vs Venom set. I think it include the Spiderbike and a small street corner.

Even if it was supposed to be Tim, they called him Dick so it's not Tim in the game, it's Dick even if he was mislabeled. On the LEGO website he's listed as Dick. LEGO really doesn't do that much research they just saw the OYL suit and just called it Dick Grayson. I see a lot of people see the suit and say Tim. It;'s just a Robin suit. Any writer can make it whatever. Like the Robin suit in Batman: Under the Red Hood. That just was almost Identical to Tim's OYL suit from the comics, but it was Jason Todd in it.

Sorry if this bursts any bubbles. ;) After all it's just a name, the game was still great! :D

Edited by Tim13

Even if it was supposed to be Tim, they called him Dick so it's not Tim in the game, it's Dick even if he was mislabeled. On the LEGO website he's listed as Dick. LEGO really doesn't do that much research they just saw the OYL suit and just called it Dick Grayson. I see a lot of people see the suit and say Tim. It;'s just a Robin suit. Any writer can make it whatever. Like the Robin suit in Batman: Under the Red Hood. That just was almost Identical to Tim's OYL suit from the comics, but it was Jason Todd in it.

Sorry if this bursts any bubbles. ;) After all it's just a name, the game was still great! :D

I see your point. But like the comics, Lego has a continuity.

So, Dick has left and become Nightwing, Jason has become the Red Hood, Tim's the current Robin, and Damian exists and is more like a back up Robin. The game seriously made a mistake and called Robin Dick when in Lego's continuity he is Tim Drake.

I see your point. But like the comics, Lego has a continuity.

So, Dick has left and become Nightwing, Jason has become the Red Hood, Tim's the current Robin, and Damian exists and is more like a back up Robin. The game seriously made a mistake and called Robin Dick when in Lego's continuity he is Tim Drake.

yeah, I know. I read all the comics :P

But I don't remember them saying that the game was set after the first. It can be LEGO Batman 2 and be based before the first. I don;t think it was based on a continuity. Just the second game. Nightwing was just an extra DLC character. He's cheap. He can't double jump or do backflips and his face looks weird, and he turns into Robin when you go through a portal.

But I don't remember them saying that the game was set after the first. It can be LEGO Batman 2 and be based before the first. I don;t think it was based on a continuity. Just the second game. Nightwing was just an extra DLC character. He's cheap. He can't double jump or do backflips and his face looks weird, and he turns into Robin when you go through a portal.

Hmm....seems like there is a reason they were DLC,didn't know that they were so cheaply made. :sceptic:

I'm pretty sure the game's a sequel. However, I was talking about Lego's continuity in general. In their version Tim Is currently Robin, and I believe there was a mistake on Tt's part. And yes Nightwing and Damian are on a cheap DLC that was thrown for Preordering. But that means that they exist and Robin can't be Dick, when in their continuity he's already Nightwing.

Hmm....seems like there is a reason they were DLC,didn't know that they were so cheaply made. :sceptic:

They aren't the only ones. Most of the characters are overshadowed by Batman, Robin, and Superman. Batgirl, Huntress, Hawkman, Hawkgirl, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, Two-Face, Sinestro, etc.

I'm pretty sure the game's a sequel. However, I was talking about Lego's continuity in general. In their version Tim Is currently Robin, and I believe there was a mistake on Tt's part. And yes Nightwing and Damian are on a cheap DLC that was thrown for Preordering. But that means that they exist and Robin can't be Dick, when in their continuity he's already Nightwing.

But really, in the end they're just playable characters. That really doesn't have to do with the plot of the story of the game.

The older Robin minifigure couldn't be Damian Wayne as the Figure was released in 2006 but, Damian didn't become Robin until 2009. I think that figure was meant to represent the Robin from The New Batman Animated series from back in the 90's, which many of the figures were ( Two Face, Mr Freeze).

Anyway back on Topic I think that the smallest set next year will be the Spider-man vs Venom set. I think it include the Spiderbike and a small street corner.

Actually it wasn't designed from that one. I don;t think they;d use the animated series for prints. They most likely used Freddie E. Williams II Robin. They Long sleeved Red and Black one. Yeah the Red and Black Robin has around 70 something comics.

Hmmm...but if the continuity follows on from the first game, technically shouldn't Robin be Tim Drake? Because Nightwing is an unlockable character in the first LEGO Batman, not part of a DLC.

Additionally, if the LEGO set continuity has anything to do with the game - we got Nightwing in the original Arkham Asylum...so shouldn't Robin be Tim Drake?

Edited by purpleparadox

I think you're just reading too much into it. Tt probably jst called him Dick because he's the one with whom people are most familiar. From the 60s TV show and the 90s films.

Hmmm...but if the continuity follows on from the first game, technically shouldn't Robin be Tim Drake? Because Nightwing is an unlockable character in the first LEGO Batman, not part of a DLC.

Additionally, if the LEGO set continuity has anything to do with the game - we got Nightwing in the original Arkham Asylum...so shouldn't Robin be Tim Drake?

I find this irrelevant. I said he's cheap DLC in LEGO Batman 2. Nothing about the first game. In the DS game, Nightwing isn't DLC and they put effort into him. He can even use stealth like Batman's Sensor Suit.

I think you're just reading too much into it. Tt probably jst called him Dick because he's the one with whom people are most familiar. From the 60s TV show and the 90s films.

The point of the conversation is going deep into it. If we didn't something would be missing. Taking the easy way out is never good. My guess is they saw a Robin costume they liked and used it as a skin but intended on the character to be Dick Grayson. The suit is just a skin that they liked.

All right with all the info we have had over the past few weeks i estimated it would be like this:

Spiderman Chase £19.99 (150-200 pieces) with Spiderman, Venom and Nick Fury.

Batboat Chase £19.99 (175-225 pieces) With White Batman, Mr.Freeze and Aquaman.

Penguin Pursuit (if it's called that) £34.99 (250-350 pieces) with Robin and Penguin.

TDKR set £49.99 (450-575 pieces) with Batman, Gordon and Bane.

Daily Bugle £59.99 (575-650 pieces) with JJJ, Dr.Doom, Beetle and Nova

Arkham Asylum £99.99 (1,000-1,100 pieces) with Winged Batman, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Guard, Harleen Quinzel and Joker.

Edited by Jackattack7

I hope the Superman set is the Daily Planet. I mean, what else can you build with Superman that's more iconic?

I hope the Superman set is the Daily Planet. I mean, what else can you build with Superman that's more iconic?

His Fortress of Solitude is just as iconic, I hope it gets made!

His Fortress of Solitude is just as iconic, I hope it gets made!

I tried making a fortress, but it don't work for me. Lack of pieces... We can continue to talk about Robin and the DLC and differences on the handheld vs platform games if you want. I'll make a new thread.

I tried making a fortress, but it don't work for me. Lack of pieces... We can continue to talk about Robin and the DLC and differences on the handheld vs platform games if you want. I'll make a new thread.

I hope Lego finds a way to make the Fortress! If you wanna talk about Robin, create a new thread and I'll talk bout with you.

Please do tell what you mean by power-suit,in the TDKR set? I'm über confused there. I like all of your predictions though, and I hope you're at least close, because if I can get Spidey, Venom, and Nick Fury all in a set for $20ish, I'm getting two.

Jackattack, sound about right, but I think one of the sets will be $12.99. Not sure what that translates to in Great Britain, but it's the price of this year's Catwoman and Captain America sets.