CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Guys, Obviously by Woot's description, he does not know much about the superhero license (no offense to Woot) So at this point, I would assume that Hulk_Smash would be the more credible source and I am more likely inclined to believe his opinion. I'm not saying that Woot has presented us with wrong information, but more so that he is mistaken by what he has seen or he has left out some details. For the most part, I can say it is impossible for TLC to alter the catalog, then redistribute them within a week or so, just to change minor details of a few sets. The retailers know that the sets are preliminary and licensed to change.

You guys are reading into it way to much. Just sit back and wait patiently for some concrete news.

I agree with sok on this one. We need to just sit back and wait and see what we get! In my opinion, Hulk_Smash hasn't been wrong about anything yet so I am going to stick to believing that we are going to get what he saw :thumbup:

@ Sok117: None Taken. :laugh:

I can say about the picture with Com. Gordon in it that there was a simple police man with grey hair in the big picture while there was a little window where the 3 figs were presented with the police man being replaced by Com. Gordon. If I hadn't seen that window, I thought there just a normal policeguy.

The pics were clearly not of the official product and probably not finished.

Yeah, it does seem like Hulk_Smash had a better, more educated look at these sets, but I value Wout's information too, so I agree that we should just wait and see what the final products will look like.

However, I would like to ask this: Did any of you (Hulk_Smash or Wout) see if Batman had any weapons in the Freeze set? I think it would be neat if we would get white Batarangs to go with the White Batman, or at least some flame throwers like in the cartoon (although I guess the latter wouldn't be too hard to build yourself).

This has just struck me looking at an old Lego catalogue, has anyone thought of more ultrabuilds, could there possibly be another wave of them. There could maybe be a mixed wave like 2 marvel and 2 DC?

Well, since the System sets seem to be mixed now, I wouldn't be surprised if the action figures were too, but it seems to me that they are planning to stick with the 3 figs per wave. Otherwise I'm sure they would have included Thor in the Avengers wave. However, it's also possible that they discontinue the ultrabuild series since I don't think they are very popular. But this is not really the place to discuss this.

Well this is getting confusing. :laugh:

Hulk_Smash was not the only one to have seen the Bat and Bane's Tumbler as a set, a user on Brickset also mentioned it:

Employee at the Lego store in Dallas on Friday I was talking to said he had seen a sneak peek at the upcoming Dark Knight Rises set which will be a Camo Tumbler coming out in December. I know you have to take that with a grain of salt but now that the camo DKR bane fig is on display it gives a lot more credence to his story. I sure hope he is right!
Oh I forgot in my haste to post that he said Batman has his new flying vehicle opposite Bane and the Tumbler. Makes sense as that gives the set more playability with the good and bad sides, I sure hope he is right, I will be disappointed if we don't see those as Lego sets. I am still sad about not picking up the last Tumbler

I am inclined to believe it will be a Tumbler/Bat combo, but who really knows until the final product is released? December I guess basically means a January release, since in some markets you can find the sets sooner than others.

NYCC is coming up, lets hope for more info. :thumbup:

They might show Arkham at NYCC, they showed the Batcave last year.

Thats a good thought. Who can tell me when the Comic-Con is this year?

Thats a good thought. Who can tell me when the Comic-Con is this year?

Their website say October 11-14, so about another month. :sweet:

Oh I can't wait! I think it will be Arkham because with eight figures, it sounds like it will be the largest of the winter wave.

They might show Arkham at NYCC, they showed the Batcave last year.

Since its a mixed wave we could possibly get a Marvel set shown off as well, maybe an exculsive. I can't see Marvel and DC not having equal sets in a wave ( 2 Marvel and 3 DC ). Hopefully an X-men set if there is an exculsive and not another Spider-man set, the bext wave might aswell drop the superheroes name. Just call it 'the Batman and Spider-man show' with this weeks Special guest 'Aquaman' in 'a fish out of water'!.

Hopefully an X-men set if there is an exculsive and not another Spider-man set, the bext wave might aswell drop the superheroes name. Just call it 'the Batman and Spider-man show' with this weeks Special guest 'Aquaman' in 'a fish out of water'!.

Too true. :sceptic:

LEGO are just capitalizing on the current market which is good sense from a commercial perspective.

Avengers is out of the limlight for the moment whereas batman isn't thanks to the more recent film and also the game. Spiderman sets have probably been in the pipeline for a while due to the cartoon...................how were TLG to know the cartoon would suck! :laugh:

Roll on NYCC, I'm pretty sure we're going to get a lot more info then especially when they present the golden brickies out to whoever is going to be featured on the Lego superheroes DVD.

They are bound to have a big presence there this year. I think we'll get more info than just Arkham Asylum.

Hello People,

I could take a look in the retailers catalogue. I couldn't make pictures, but I can tell something if you like. :wink:

Moderators, feel free to change this post if it is not good. :sadnew:

The freeze suit Batman is in a not so big set with Dr Freeze and the guy with the blonde hair, orange chest and green trousers in the first post. Dr Freeze has a vehicle.

There is a not so big set with Comisioner Gordon, Batman and Bane. Bane got a car.

There is a big set with Spiderman, Jonah Jameson,the guy in the first post with the red/yellow hat and the dark blue suit, the guy in the first post with the dark red suit and insect wings, probably (but i'm not sure) Dr Doom and a quite big building for the Daily Bugle. It was called Daile Bugle too. Probably also a police officer.

There is a not so big set with Nick Fury in a fly thing, that black creep from spiderman who is the first pic in the first post and Spiderman himself.

I don't know sure if this is all.

So there is no "The Bat" or the Tumbler? Awwwww. :sad:

So there is no "The Bat" or the Tumbler? Awwwww. :sad:

Based on his descriptions, he dosen't know the Super heroes genre that well, so I wouldn't believe what Wout says. The car is most likely the tumbler, and Hulk Smash said The Bat is included, gotta have a vehicle for Bats. HS was right about the Star Wars sets, so I'm gonna trust him.

Based on his descriptions, he dosen't know the Super heroes genre that well, so I wouldn't believe what Wout says. The car is most likely the tumbler, and Hulk Smash said The Bat is included, gotta have a vehicle for Bats. HS was right about the Star Wars sets, so I'm gonna trust him.

Besides time will tell with Comic Con or pics, and I do believe Hulk_Smash more.

Edited by Jackattack7

Just call it 'the Batman and Spider-man show' with this weeks Special guest 'Aquaman' in 'a fish out of water'!.

While I do like variety and want to see as many different Superheroes characters as possible - Spiderman and Batman have always been my favourites.

I'm not sure how every other comicbook fan feels about that, but if most people like those two as much as I do, that certainly explains why TLG seems to be centering on them so much. :shrug_oh_well: Either way, I'm thrilled with what we've been getting so far! :sweet:

I do agree that Batman is my most favorite Super Hero, but I can understand the frustration of some people who aren't fans. Since there is such a large arsenal of villains, they need to introduce many sets of each figure basically, which then can be too much for each wave, so they are probably going with what is popular right now while trying to throw in a few unique figures to make up for it.

I don't particularly care for Spiderman or the animated series it is based on, but I like seeing these other figures being created. So if it takes me getting a few extras Spidermen, then let it be so.

I can't wait for TDKR set come December!

I think Batman and Spiderman will always be the most popular characters (the number of films, animated shows go to prove it) but I think TLG will release plenty of sundry characters. At the moment they are establishing the theme just the same as SW would establish with the most well known scenes and vehicles first.

once the theme is established there will be a lot more versatility and if it lasts a few years or more we will soon be inundated with figures we never saw coming.

Let the good times roll........................

I was wrong about aquaman, but I was right about mr freeze and the penguin.

YES! Two of my favourite figures in one not so big set!

Are pictures out, or am I not understanding something? :sceptic:

I was wrong about aquaman, but I was right about mr freeze and the penguin.

YES! Two of my favourite figures in one not so big set!

Wait are you referring to Mr.Freeze and Aquaman or Mr.Freeze and penguin together?!

Well over in the Chima thread the talking about new figure parts and apparently there's

1.) Eagle/hawk/bird wings- which would be perfect for Hawkman, Hawkgirl, and Angel.

And Croc/ Lizard face add on and that tail from CMF would make good Killer Croc and Lizard minifigs

I don't know what that guy is talking about either, maybe early set rumors?