CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

It's really easy to say "I saw these guys together", when they probably weren't meant to be.

This would be true for the SDCC pics, but what Hulk_Smash saw were preliminary set designs. How could they not be intended to be together if they show up on the same picture of a set? :wacko:

i wish they just release the preliminary pics now. :blush:

Good luck for that to ever happen. :laugh:

An Arkham set was also expected this year. And a Green Lantern one. And more X-men earlier next year. Really, I find that argument weak. :sceptic:

Yes you put up a fair argument I didn't expect Green Lantern sets, even if it was said how would I know? Because i've only been a member for a few days and only really been reading this topic since the end of July. Anyway the preliminary pics will be the real answer.

This would be true for the SDCC pics, but what Hulk_Smash saw were preliminary set designs. How could they not be intended to be together if they show up on the same picture of a set? :wacko:

The same reason Gandalf the White was discussed as being a Gamestop exclusive with a Gamestop manager confirming it, and then ruled out as false with Elrond being the fig. Prelims always change, am I right?

-Omi

All I can do is echo Oky here. :laugh:

Ok... :classic: so maybe then when they come out will be the answer. :laugh:

Edited by Jackattack7

The same reason Gandalf the White was discussed as being a Gamestop exclusive with a Gamestop manager confirming it, and then ruled out as false with Elrond being the fig. Prelims always change, am I right?

Yes, you are right about that, but this is a different story. It's a minifig from a regular set which we already have official pictures of. And do you honestly believe that White Suit Batman could come in anything but a Mr. Freeze set? I guess it could work in a set with the Penguin too, but he would have no reason to wear a different suit in that case really. :sceptic:

At this rate i know. :laugh:

No, what I meant is that TLG never releases prelim pics and does everything they can to keep them secret. The only chance for us to see them is for someone to sneak a photo of the retailers catalog, but that person would probably get in trouble if they did, so even that's unlikely. So yeah, the best chance of seeing any pictures is a month or so before the official release when the final pics start popping up online.

Yes, you are right about that, but this is a different story. It's a minifig from a regular set which we already have official pictures of. And do you honestly believe that White Suit Batman could come in anything but a Mr. Freeze set? I guess it could work in a set with the Penguin too, but he would have no reason to wear a different suit in that case really. :sceptic:

Well seeing as it was earlier posted that Freeze is based off his Arkham City design, the White Batman can be based off his white artwork from the game, which isn't a freeze suit, and could be with the Arkham set instead.

-omi

Well seeing as it was earlier posted that Freeze is based off his Arkham City design, the White Batman can be based off his white artwork from the game, which isn't a freeze suit, and could be with the Arkham set instead.

Well, I haven't played the game, but as far as I know, that's all it was - stylized artwork. Unlike Mr. Freeze, this is not how he actually looked in the game, so why would they base a minifig off of that. And even if it were so, why would Batman be the only one in that style in that set? It just doesn't make sense.

-omi

It is his freeze suit. Mr Freeze and Robin may be based on their AC designs, but not the game neccissarly , there's a comic series bridging the year gap between the games and both have their Arkham Rocksteady designs.

Unlike Mr. Freeze, this is not how he actually looked in the game,

Well he doesn't look like that in any shows or comics.

And even if it were so, why would Batman be the only one in that style in that set? It just doesn't make sense.

Lego is known to mix up designs in the sets.

This set uses the Batsuit inspired by the one in the Buron films (the utility belt is the dead giveaway, plus the suit is all black which isn't a trait from the comics and cartoon as such), while Two Face uses the design inspired from the animated series. This set has Riddler based on his Frank Gorshen outfit and Bane from the comics. This set has the Batsuit inspired by The Dark Knight design and the set is included with Harley Quinn, who is based on her animated series form, and plus she was never in the movie. Same applies with this set with the TDK inspired suit included with the Joker based on his non-TDK appearance. These don't make sense.

The mix up designs formula was also used with the new Batman sats, with another black suit Batman mixed with comic Two Face, and Tim Drak mixed with Blue Batman.

Mr Freeze and Robin may be based on their AC designs, but not the game neccissarly , there's a comic series bridging the year gap between the games and both have their Arkham Rocksteady designs.

Right, and ok? I'm talking about what Lego uses for references in designing their figures and them mixing them together. I don't care what Rocksteady does, as they aren't involved. Also that Robin may not be based on his AC design, as that design is actually Damien Wayne originally, and Robin has used hoods before in comics.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Please refer to page 64, :hmpf: there is a picture of the white batsuit from "The Batman". Also your probably right. LEGO does like to mix things up. DC probably said to use designs similar to AC for certain charcters as they are recognizable designs. But, that doesn't mean we are getting "Arkham City" sets just designs of characters.

Please refer to page 64, :hmpf: there is a picture of the white batsuit from "The Batman".

I didn't know Mr. Freeze dressed up as Batman in The Batman.

Please refer to the quote I cited, cuz that was who I was talking about.

DC probably said to use designs similar to AC for certain charcters as they are recognizable designs. But, that doesn't mean we are getting "Arkham City" sets just designs of characters.

Right, and that artwork could have been used for Batman.

-Omi

I didn't know Mr. Freeze dressed up as Batman in The Batman.

Uhm, what? *huh* I was referring to Batman (i.e. the Mr. Freeze minifigure looks like his counterpart in the game, but White Batman doesn't).

Lego is known to mix up designs in the sets.

Fair enough. Still, I don't think they would base a design on a stylized game cover and put it in a set with "normal" looking minifigures.

Also, if this ad from Lego Batman 2 is any indication, their interpretation of an AC-style Batman minifig looks a bit different to the one that's being released:

433px-Batman_Edited-140x156.jpg7563100444_eb62b473ec.jpg

Uhm, what? *huh* I was referring to Batman (i.e. the Mr. Freeze minifigure looks like his counterpart in the game, but White Batman doesn't).

My mistake, I thought you meant Freeze.

And concept and promo art still has to be taken into account.

-Omi

And concept and promo art still has to be taken into account.

I guess you're right. After all, they made a Spongebob set based solely on an obscure poster.

I'm still sticking to what my common sense is telling me though. :tongue:

I'm still sticking to what my common sense is telling me though. :tongue:

Fair enough. :P

I just like avoiding assumptions sometimes, especially if a newcomer comes in and mistakes it for facts. :/

-Omi

So far we've had a new member come by and tell us what he remembered from seeing the retail catalog. While he may or may not have remembered everything exactly right, time will tell if it's accurate. That's all the information we have and I don't see a problem with people discussing it.

I found a toy that looks like the minifigure.

http://www.figurerealm.com/userimages/customs/26000/25694-1.jpg

I think it is the Anti-Freeze suit, looks like it and half of the suit is grey, just bad lighting. And I found the poster omicron is talking about

http://www.posterplanet.net/games/images/game-batman-arkham-city-gargoyle-poster-GB2646.jpg

Edited by Neville longbottem

It seems to me that the Lego sets from what Hulk_Smash's descriptions are (because he has seen the catalogue)

that it's a combination of Arkham City and Lego Batman 2, BTW did the white batman or even Mr.Freeze appear in LB2, I haven't ever played it.

(typing this post on an iPod touch like a boss.) :classic:

BTW did the white batman or even Mr.Freeze appear in LB2, I haven't ever played it.

Yes he did. But he didn't apear in a level. He was only a playable character.

BTW did the white batman or even Mr.Freeze appear in LB2, I haven't ever played it.

No, only Robin has an anti-freeze suit in the game, and yes, Freeze is in it, but he looks the same as in the first game.

I hope for Thor "2" movie set(s) his new costume looks great. Shame the lego cape is so limited.

inaoi8_th.jpg