CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

That doesn't mesh with the figs confirmed so far. Not including the TDKR Batman, there are two other different Batman figs. If the Penguin VS Robin is just Penguin and Robin, then that counts them off the roster. That leaves the two Batmen, Aquaman, Mr. Freeze, Harley, Joker, the Guard, Ivy, and Scarecrow. And that would have to be a really big set if it includes all those figs.

-Omi

Ice Batman, Aquaman, and Freeze are rumored to be in a small set together. Just Batman, Harley, Ivy, Joker, Scarecrow, and Guard are not too much for a big Arkham. The last one came with that many figures.

Well, if Hulk_Smash is right white Batman, Mr. Freeze and Aquaman are in one set (Batboat).

Ice Batman, Aquaman, and Freeze are rumored to be in a small set together.

Right, which would mean there are more than "there are 2 sets" mentioned above.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Right, which would mean there are more than "there are 2 sets" mentioned above.

-Omi

Perhaps he meant 'two more sets we don't already know about?' Two exclusives? Who knows. We already know Nolan-inspired figures won't be in those two, so yes, there are more than two.

Perhaps he meant 'two more sets we don't already know about?' Two exclusives? Who knows. We already know Nolan-inspired figures won't be in those two, so yes, there are more than two.

Exactly what I meant. Sorry for any mix ups.

Maybe....

Plus that wave would fit together nicely, with the "Batboat" being bought with the Penguin sub.

-Omi

Ice Batman, Aquaman, and Freeze are rumored to be in a small set together. Just Batman, Harley, Ivy, Joker, Scarecrow, and Guard are not too much for a big Arkham. The last one came with that many figures.

Vampyre castle came with six figures and look at the size of that! I think to bring justice to Arkham it would have to be bigger and better than the old one.

The recent sets have been vaguely based on the first wave. No reason Arkham wouldn't be a 're-imagining' of the first version.

That Penguin vs. Robin would be a great set. And it makes sense. Without it, it seemed like there were way too many figures for Arkham, unless it were a $150 set.

Since I don't think he belongs in Arkham and I love the sixties show, I'm naturally all for a Penguin sub set. :thumbup:

I'm taking this with a lot of salt though. Other than the fact that this wouldn't give Arkham eight figures (which I don't see the problem there, sometimes the amount of minifigures are out of proportion to the size of the set) there is no reason to believe this other than word of mouth by someone who can hardly type (I've seen these comments, I don't mean Neville).

Oh, and didn't we hear from LEGO (or someone else, I don't remember) earlier in the year that there would be five (regular) DC sets next year? With the Aquaman/Mr. Freeze set, TDKR, Arkham, and now this that would only leave room for one Man of Steel set later in the year. I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

Edited by Superficial Username

I think to bring justice to Arkham it would have to be bigger and better than the old one.

And really expensive.

Since I don't think he belongs in Arkham and I love the sixties show, I'm naturally all for a Penguin sub set.

It wouldn't make sense for the Penguin to be in the Arkham set anyways, since he is one of the very few villians to never be admitted to Arkham. He was always sent to Blackgate.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

Since I don't think he belongs in Arkham and I love the sixties show, I'm naturally all for a Penguin sub set. :thumbup:

I'm taking this with a lot of salt though. Other than the fact that this wouldn't give Arkham eight figures (which I don't see the problem there, sometimes the amount of minifigures are out of proportion to the size of the set) there is no reason to believe this other than word of mouth by someone who can hardly type (I've seen these comments, I don't mean Neville).

Oh, and didn't we hear from LEGO (or someone else, I don't remember) earlier in the year that there would be five (regular) DC sets next year? With the Aquaman/Mr. Freeze set, TDKR, Arkham, and now this that would only leave room for one Man of Steel set later in the year. I'm not complaining, just pointing it out.

I think they meant the winter wave and heard five assumed that it would all be DC, not knowing the wave would be split.

And I agree that Penguin doesn't belong in Arkhan( neither does Catwoman or Bane or Freeze, but he goes there anyway because arkham is the only one who will take his coldness), but most kids probbaly know penguin from Danny Devito portrayle and think he's supposed to be crazy.

And as I pointed out earlier the vampye castle has six minifigs and that thing is huge!

And as I pointed out earlier the vampye castle has six minifigs and that thing is huge!

Yes, but sets like this have just as many minifigures as the Vampyre Castle, one more if you count the Dementor, and cost half as less. In addition, some City sets the size of the Quinjet or Batcave only have four minifigures. I'm just saying that the amount of minifigures doesn't always work as the best way to determine the size of the set. :sadnew:

Yes, but sets like this have just as many minifigures as the Vampyre Castle, one more if you count the Dementor, and cost half as less. In addition, some City sets the size of the Quinjet or Batcave only have four minifigures. I'm just saying that the amount of minifigures doesn't always work as the best way to determine the size of the set. :sadnew:

Well that Hogwarts set was meant to be an add on to the big one.

Well that Hogwarts set was meant to be an add on to the big one.

There are other examples, the one I chose just wasn't the best. I think my point still stands.

There are other examples, the one I chose just wasn't the best. I think my point still stands.

I see your point, but I would like my Arkham to be big at least better than the old one.

I see your point, but I would like my Arkham to be big at least better than the old one.

I don't think that the size of the old one was bad, I'm not a huge fan of the design however, but that's just me. If you would be content with something designed better, more gothic I guess, I wouldn't worry too much since LEGO has shown that they can do that style very well in the last year or two. If anything though, I think it may be a bit smaller, but what do I know? :wink:

Edited by Superficial Username

Do we know that? I heard they say it wasnt iron patriot, jsut another armor style.

Do they even have the lisence for him,,, thought fox did

Do we know that? I heard they say it wasnt iron patriot, jsut another armor style.

Do they even have the lisence for him,,, thought fox did

We know for certain it can't be the "Norman Osborn" Iron Patriot from Dark Avengers. Sony has the license to Norman as part of the Spiderman license. So it can be the Iron Patriot, but it would have to be somebody else inside. It may be related to the more recent "American Steel" character in the comics?

And I agree that Penguin doesn't belong in Arkhan( neither does Catwoman or Bane or Freeze, but he goes there anyway because arkham is the only one who will take his coldness), but most kids probbaly know penguin from Danny Devito portrayle and think he's supposed to be crazy.

Surely you jest. :wacko: Danny DeVito's Penguin is one of the reasons why DC dropped Burton and picked up Schumacher. The movie tanked specifically because the character was a mismarketed child-traumatizing monster.

Batman Returns-hate aside, I have to wonder why everyone assumes that these minifigures we've seen will be the only ones in the next wave. It's not like we saw all the first wave figures well in advance. There may be a couple new ones we haven't seen yet, or they may throw in some first-wave figs to fill out the sets.

Batman Returns-hate aside, I have to wonder why everyone assumes that these minifigures we've seen will be the only ones in the next wave. It's not like we saw all the first wave figures well in advance. There may be a couple new ones we haven't seen yet, or they may throw in some first-wave figs to fill out the sets.

Well, we know of Poison Ivy and the Guard reappearing. I'm not counting on any more minifigures showing up myself, for reasons expressed by Clone O'Patra (I think) back around comic-con time.

Surely you jest. :wacko: Danny DeVito's Penguin is one of the reasons why DC dropped Burton and picked up Schumacher. The movie tanked specifically because the character was a mismarketed child-traumatizing monster.

Warner Bros didn't drop Burton, it was the other way around. Burton was slated to direct it. Not to mention Burton produced Batman Forever as well. If they didn't want his involvement, he wouldn't have produced it.

And Batman Returns was a financial success for Warner Bros, and the Penguin from the animated series was modeled after the Penguin portrayed in Returns.

And in the long run, Warner Bros actually regret Schumacher, and most of the mistakes he made were actually WB's fault.

So it can be the Iron Patriot, but it would have to be somebody else inside. It may be related to the more recent "American Steel" character in the comics?

I doubt it. The design used in the movie is pretty much the design used the comics, except with a mounted gun like War Machine.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I asked the same thing a while ago and everyone thought I was crazy. :hmpf_bad:

We know for certain it can't be the "Norman Osborn" Iron Patriot from Dark Avengers. Sony has the license to Norman as part of the Spiderman license. So it can be the Iron Patriot, but it would have to be somebody else inside.

I have heard from more than one source that it is new War Machine armor.

Warner Bros didn't drop Burton, it was the other way around. Burton was slated to direct it. Not to mention Burton produced Batman Forever as well. If they didn't want his involvement, he wouldn't have produced it.

-Omi

Warner Bros wanted Batman Forever to be a lot less darken than Batman Returns which is probably why Burton didn't want to return as director. I bet that if WB let Burton direct it he wanted to, he would have taken the job as director and we would have watched a much different Batman Forever movie.

I've heard rumors that the golden armor that we have been shown in Iron Man 3 is actually Mark 47, and that with that on Tony can move multiple armors simultaneously. If that's true, we'll probably get other ones in the Iron Man 3 sets, which would be a great way to build them up for a Stark lab MOC.

Edited by Bricktooth

I just realized that the old Arkham had seven minifigs. The new one has six, if the penguin set exists and there not a second guard. I think we may get a smaller, modeluar, more detailed Arkham.

I've heard rumors that the golden armor that we have been shown in Iron Man 3 is actually Mark 47, and that with that on Tony can move multiple armors simultaneously. If that's true, we'll probably get other ones in the Iron Man 3 sets, which would be a great way to build them up for a Stark lab MOC.

I posted this already...

BTW you should add spoiler buttons to this. Some people might not want to know.

Edited by CBMM1