CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I basically e-mailed and said that I have been a LEGO fan since I was very youngand that Superheroes is my favorite theme. Then I asked if LEGO had plans on making sets based on the Iron Man 3 movie. But yeah I think you're all right it is automatted and generic but still I think there will be Iron Man 3 sets.

We need some amazing spiderman sets

This is off-topic, but no we don't, and we will probably never get any because Lego doesn't have the license for that movie.

Well I got an e-mail response and it is just plain wierd.

Wow, what a lame, generic, and nonsensical response. :sceptic: Oh well, thanks for trying, CBMM1. :classic:

Wow, what a lame, generic, and nonsensical response. :sceptic: Oh well, thanks for trying, CBMM1. :classic:

No problem. I was just as curious as everyone else. Oh well... :hmpf_bad:

You do realize that these responses are already pre-programmed (for the most part) and are just answered by some random customer service people right?

It seems like you gave them a few words and they put them into blanks for you. it's kind of like a recording

Please do not quote an entire post that long just to say one line of text yourself. There's no need for it and it just makes it harder for everyone else to read.

This is off-topic, but no we don't, and we will probably never get any because Lego doesn't have the license for that movie.

Maybe he is referring to the comic, if he is I totally agree with him.

Well I got an e-mail response and it is just plain wierd. Well here you go anyway:

[...]

When I was something-like-seven-years-old, I sent in a suggestion to them of a set I wanted them to make, and give or take a few words, I got that exact response. So yes, it's pretty much generic.

They also sent me free Johnny Thunder and Darth Vader key chains as consolation, though.

Was the scale of the original Lego Tumbler that much of a problem? I actually liked the oversized look of it, and I'm hoping the Camo Tumbler is the same size. Am I in a small minority on that?

I'm sure it is supposed to be bulky, so as to be more indestructible, but when it was on display at the Indianapolis Children's Museum when TDK was released, I remember it being significantly smaller in real life than one would expect. Much like Tom Cruise..

As far as the Lego tumbler, I like the larger look to it compared to the smaller scaled versions, whether they are more realistic or not. It's like the Batpod being miniature compared to the more detailed larger versions. I'll take the slightly larger more detailed version any day.

By creating a camo-tumbler from TDKR, I wonder if any of the pieces used will be recolored for the first time. And I hope we can build a black version of the same size.

Isn't the tumbler meant to be big? It can roll over cars and is described as a tank.

It's big but not as big as you might think. If we decide that a typical Lego car should be 6-studs wide (a common and reasonable size), the Tumbler should be about 8 studs wide--a size I think only Zeto has achieved. The usual size for the MOC Tumblers is 10-12 studs wide, including mine and Tiler's.

The Tumbler from 7888, on the other hand, seems to be a monstrous 16-18 studs wide. I'm not expecting the 2013 Tumbler to be as good as the MOCs I linked, but I hope they make it smaller than the 2008 version--and considering how big and complex The Bat will be, I'm pretty confident they'll be forced to do a much smaller and simpler Tumbler if they're aiming for a $40-60 set.

PS: I'm at work, so my measurements are based on the photos and I might be off by a half-stud or so... but you get the idea. :classic:

Edited by Pellaeon

The Tumbler from 7888, on the other hand, seems to be a monstrous 16-18 studs wide. I'm not expecting the 2013 Tumbler to be as good as the MOCs I linked, but I hope they make it smaller than the 2008 version--and considering how big and complex The Bat will be, I'm pretty confident they'll be forced to do a much smaller and simpler Tumbler if they're aiming for a $40-60 set.

I'm definitly not getting my hopes up for the Bat or Tumbler at this point, and the only thing actually guaranteeing I will buy the set is Gordon. I do think that you are right though. And smaller is better. Not only is it more accurate, but it's probably also cheaper. :wink::tongue:

Well I got an e-mail response and it is just plain wierd. Well here you go anyway:

:hmpf_bad: Strange. LEGO usually gives accurate information in emails, no matter how unlikely the information is. :sceptic: However, the idea that LEGO will not because they cannot make Iron Man 3 sets makes no sense. :hmpf: LEGO has the legal rights to produce Disney sets, which includes Marvel, so why can they not produce Iron Man 3 sets? :wacko: Maybe Megablocks beat them to the rights ( :damn:), or LEGO wants IM3 sets to be a surprise. :shrug_confused:

Robominer, don't read that much into it. They just misread the email into thinking he was suggesting Iron Man 3 sets, or he happened to get a rare customer service person who just pastes in a standard response without being cohesive, like many of the other customer service people are. Of course they weren't going to come out and say that there will or won't be Iron Man 3 sets. The person just used the wrong response. The person should've used the 'we can't tell you about future releases' response that I've seen before.

Robominer, don't read that much into it. They just misread the email into thinking he was suggesting Iron Man 3 sets, or he happened to get a rare customer service person who just pastes in a standard response without being cohesive, like many of the other customer service people are. Of course they weren't going to come out and say that there will or won't be Iron Man 3 sets. The person just used the wrong response. The person should've used the 'we can't tell you about future releases' response that I've seen before.

Oh. :blush: Maybe a bot replied to his email, or, like you said, he misread the email. Now I can rest knowing that LEGO may produce IM3 sets! :cry_happy:

SNIP!

They are saying they can't legally use your idea for a set (without paying you, anyway). The 'working on something similar' sentence is also to cover themselves legally... in case you actually DID suggest something already planned, and you came back later and claimed they took your idea.

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Removed lengthy quote.

Just got Amazing SM 692, I hope they decide to make sets based on the comics because I would love an Alpha minifig. Are we getting sets based on comics this year?

Edited by Bilbo Baggins

Not that we know of yet, but there could be some exclusives? :sweet:

And BTW I got #692 on Wednesday, and totally agree that Alpha would be cool! Can't wait to see some customs though because I doubt we will ever get one.

Of course we'll get IM3 sets! Who even thinks that it's likely we won't? Marvel films are extremely popular, everyone saw how Avengers sets sold out on the shelves in local shops during the time of that movie. LEGO would be mad not to do this with all the new Marvel movies. :laugh:

Of course we'll get IM3 sets! Who even thinks that it's likely we won't? Marvel films are extremely popular, everyone saw how Avengers sets sold out on the shelves in local shops during the time of that movie. LEGO would be mad not to do this with all the new Marvel movies. :laugh:

I just want to chime in and say, I also think Alpha is awesome. Love his colours.

Do the minifgs in the magnet set have doubleprinted head?

Why wouldn't they have? :wacko:

Maybe, just maybe, the Tumbler set will include extra black pieces for you to convert the set into a normal black Tumbler. :sweet:

Having just recently watched TDK series, I'm super pumped for the only set from the movie. :( I wish I liked Batman when the 2007 black Tumbler came out. Can't afford the original now...

One question, is The Bat and the Tumbler in the same set, or are they separate?

Like others mentioned, I wish there was the uber beautiful Catwoman included in a set. But I doubt that will happen. :sceptic:

Edited by Legobrandon