CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Yes. I know. But it's fun because I can also call myself autistic over arguing about this thing by using the same arguments over and over again. But yes, I know that autists are emotionless and bla bla bla... you might as well have OCD, I don't care either. I might have that, too.

Mocking mental disorders is not something to have fun about. It is rather insulting, and you should have more care when using that term.

And I don't have OCD.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

They didn't make sets for ASM even when Disney acquired the merch rights in 2011 from Sony, so what does that say?

But by 2011 Megablocks would already have been working on the sets for next years release and would already have the contracts to do the first ASM. I would assume the new deal means that Disney has the rights for ASM2 and SM movies onward (Similar how they couldn't do sets for movies before Avengers until Disney bought the individual rights).

I'm only saying this because jumping to conclusions on fan forums leads to misconceptions.

It's a rumor discussion thread. It's just speculation, nothings real until posted on the first page basically. There's nothing wrong with voicing opinions on the possibility. The fact is that I can't prove it is an ASM figure anymore than you can prove it's not. We can speculate and that's it until Lego says something. I just personally like to entertain the option for now.

autistic

Pick another word. Common sense should stop you from saying that.

Edited by strangely

Mocking mental disorders is not something to have fun about. It is rather insulting, and you should have more care when using that.

-Omi

But it is fun, Omi-kun. Especially if people like you are suddenly all butthurt about using a simple word for describing someone. Especially if the word itself has a whole new meaning on the internet.

You can say about virtually anything that it's insulting, because it depends on the person. I could somehow even find things harmful that you say about things... everything can be used as such. But then ,nobody would be allowed to have any fun because it might hurt people. So we can just call it a day by not caring about this much anymore and if everybody would be like that, there suddenly would be more tolerance instead of intolerance. Nobody would be butthurt about so many things anymore. But that's not stuff you post on a LEGO board which is meant for manchildren over 18.

Anyway, so we can just say that ASM2 Spider-Man is based upon ASM2 and that LEGO has the license because of reasons we provided before. /autism end

But yeah, Spider-Woman's skin is too pale, I don't like that.

TBH I agree with navy trooper Fenson. Lego couldn't use that design unless they had Sony's permission to. As we already know Disney own the merch rights for asm 2 we can naturally conclude based on the obvious design of the figure and the fact Lego clearly are authorised to make it that Lego have rights to make products based on asm2. It is all speculation whether we see sets based on the movie but I'd say its a good bet that they will use this asm 2 figure as a preview for the line if this is the case. The fact it is a preview figure may be printed on the card like superman in 2011 was. I hope arrow and Spidey are previews Tbh as this might be the way Lego is doing some of their exclusives after the negativity received over last years figures. Just throwing some thoughts out there. I could be right I could be wrong! Only time will tell.

But it is fun, Omi-kun. Especially if people like you are suddenly all butthurt about using a simple word for describing someone. Especially if the word itself has a whole new meaning on the internet.

Can you please just stop justifying yourself.

It's a rumor discussion thread. It's just speculation, nothings real until posted on the first page basically. There's nothing wrong with voicing opinions on the possibility. The fact is that I can't prove it is an ASM figure anymore than you can prove it's not. We can speculate and that's it until Lego says something. I just personally like to entertain the option for now.

I guess that's reasonable.

-Omi

Thank The Lord that guy is taking a break! :laugh: On a positive note, what WILL the Thor sets be like? Based of the trailer I would say for the ten dollar range maybe a small set similar to metropolis showdown, perhaps a battle field type set and a mysterious 30 dolled set!

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

On a positive note, what WILL the Thor sets be like? Based of the trailer I would say for the ten dollar range maybe a small set similar to metropolis showdown, perhaps a battle field type set and a mysterious 30 dolled set!

It depends. If they follow that DC/Marvel equality amount of sets rule, we'll get just one. If we get just one, I would say a $30 or $40 set would be most likely (see the Spidey set from 2012 or TDKR one from earlier this year). I doubt then we'd get one D2C on it.

If we don't, which I think is what will happen (with a D2C for Marvel next year), I presume we'd get three sets- a $20 set for sure, likely $13 set, and less-likely a $50 set. I would love to see a $70 set, but I doubt it.

I'm quite certain you're wrong about that. I'm in New Zealand, but I emailed LEGO customer support about the figure and was informed that it would only be available with preorders from Walmart or Walmart.com, which doesn't ship internationally.

I don't know why they said that because EB Games said on their website and to me personally that the Iron Patriot figure is the bonus for pre ordering the game. So I'd say you can expect it in New Zealand soon.

"B-but, LEGO-kun, you can't just do that... i-it is my Spider-Man, you see! Don'-- don't do that, okay!? P-please? I will give you money, j-just don't do that anymore, ok?"

Yes. I know. But it's fun because I can also call myself autistic over arguing about this thing by using the same arguments over and over again. But yes, I know that autists are emotionless and bla bla bla... you might as well have OCD, I don't care either. I might have that, too.

And yes, I know it does. But it's not a real misconception, if it's actually quite obvious what it's gonna be. If it's not, my fault, but... come on. Come on, dude.

Really? Blatantly taking the piss out of OCD and autistic people. Let me just say that I suffer from OCD and like Omi- those are not things to be taken lightly. Congratulations, I'm sure you're proud of yourself. Back on topic, I'm hoping that Arrow and Spidey could somehow be preview figs and not exclusives...

I'm locking the thread for a couple of hours. When it is reopened, I expect better behavior from all of you.

I know the debate over licensing and the morality of exclusive scalpers isn't over. But it's caused tempers to flare and I want everyone to calm down.

All right, kiddos. I'm going to unlock the thread now.

Here are the ground rules:

1.) This thread is for discussing the LEGO sets and minifigures in this theme.

2.) There will be no more derogatory language towards one another.

3.) Nor will there be any posts relating to previous instances of such language. That is in the past now and dealt with.

4.) Posts should add to the discussion and not just be "Megablock You, TLG!" or "People who buy expensive figures are dumb!". Save that for your blogs.

5.) Debates will be civil and should be brief. State your opinion and move on, you're not going to convert anyone by repeating yourself.

6.) Almost forgot this one. If someone should post something offensive, don't respond to it. Report it and let the Staff take care of it.

Follow these simple rules and we'll all live happy lives here. Break them and I'll pull this forum over and you kids can all walk home (and no cheating and calling Mom to pick you up).

Now be good.

So what is everyone hoping to see figure wise at comic con for the 2014 wave. My hopes: Alfred pennyworth, flash and or green lantern, batgirl, killer croc or man bat and I know this might be a bit far off but Ras al ghul and jor el in golden armour for a krypton set . marvel wise: Thor the dark world (at least one set) I'm hoping to see figure wise: Odin, Thor (2013 design), Malekith, green goblin (usm), white tiger (usm), the lizard (usm unless there's gonna be an asm one later in 2014). Some comic figures (unlikely I know) but the F4 and the thing. So that's my hopes. I also hope we'll see sets for the Hobbit part 2 unveiled and if there is a marvel or dc exclusive this year hopefully find out some info on that. So what does everyone else hope to see?

Edited by legofreak86

I too would love to see a Krypton based set, Jor El in armour and some of Zod's ships, but that seems unlikely. I do hope we see some DC sets that aren't Batman, but in saying that we may have some sets based of the new Beware the Batman show.

So what is everyone hoping to see figure wise at comic con for the 2014 wave. My hopes: Alfred pennyworth, flash and or green lantern, batgirl, killer croc or man bat and I know this might be a bit far off but Ras al ghul and jor el in golden armour for a krypton set . marvel wise: Thor the dark world (at least one set) I'm hoping to see figure wise: Odin, Thor (2013 design), Malekith, green goblin (usm), white tiger (usm), the lizard (usm unless there's gonna be an asm one later in 2014). Some comic figures (unlikely I know) but the F4 and the thing. So that's my hopes. I also hope we'll see sets for the Hobbit part 2 unveiled and if there is a marvel or dc exclusive this year hopefully find out some info on that. So what does everyone else hope to see?

I doubt we will see a krypton set as MoS is over now in terms of merchandise. I also doubt we will see Alfred unless TLC randomly put him in a set as a hostage, I don't believe we will get a Wayne Manor set.

Personally I think we will see the following:

Nightwing

Batgirl

Flash

Green lantern

Sinestro

Captain cold

Ras al Ghul

New Batman suit? Without the silly yellow and black symbol.

It also wouldn't surprise me if TLC started to loosely base sets on video games. With Arkham origins and Injustice this year they seem like fresh ideas for sets.

With Marvel I don't know, while we could get an update on the licence to include Fox, I wouldn't expect an announcement regarding ASM as they hopefully would have to change the contract to gain access to that. I also doubt that we will see anything based around the Marvel cinematic universe. Not because I don't think LEGO are not making stuff based on it but because the Marvel movie stuff is always shrouded in secrecy. So because of this I don't think we will see any Thor, Cap or GoG stuff. Maybe the Same could Apply to ASM as Rhino and the other villains haven't been shown yet. If anything There maybe one Figure from each film, Thor, Cap and Spidey all in their new suits.

I'm guessing we will see some X-men stuff and maybe some FF stuff or some last USM stuff.

I'm guessing that with the release of LEGO Marvel Superheroes and all the hype surrounding it that LEGO is going BIG on Marvel for this next wave! I think we could potentially see Thor sets, X-Men, and Fantastic Four along with maybe an USM. I just have a strange feeling that TLG is going to introduce a lot of new figures for this wave, or the next two waves!

Hoping to Green Lantern (John Stewart) or Flash. Probably shoehorned into a Batman set like Aquaman was. ;) Would love to see Batgirl as well...erm for my daughter to play with. Hopefully some cool new Batman villains as well.

1, maybe 2 sets from Thor:TDW.

I too would love to see a Krypton based set, Jor El in armour and some of Zod's ships, but that seems unlikely. I do hope we see some DC sets that aren't Batman, but in saying that we may have some sets based of the new Beware the Batman show.

Yeah I suppose so. it would be epic to have a golden armour jor el though. I certainly hope not. I saw the trailer for that beware the batman and it looks bad animation wise. I understand its cgi but the shapes of people are all triangles and he looks like a manga character. Ugh the figures would be even worse than clone wars eyes which even I can abide. Plus who would want to own professor pyg or a toad named anarky in Lego. I hope Lego steer well clear of that show. If they want to do batman stick with the comics and bring out croc or man bat or Ras as the villains and maybe batgirl. I really hope they don't make sets based on that terrible new show for their entire dc winter line. I'd prefer like sam892 says origins loosely based figures. Imagine batman in his origins design that would be very cool and they could print the boots and kneecaps that would look awesome. Edit I have seen the beware the batman show and it is very neat. the batman himself looks brilliant in an all black suit with gold belt, Alfred is like no other I've ever encountered. I'm not too keen on the villains but the animation was of incredible style and quality. I don't know how this would translate into lego. I just hope lego stick with the batman designs they use at the moment. I'd like to see the grey and black suit this year.

I'm guessing that with the release of LEGO Marvel Superheroes and all the hype surrounding it that LEGO is going BIG on Marvel for this next wave! I think we could potentially see Thor sets, X-Men, and Fantastic Four along with maybe an USM. I just have a strange feeling that TLG is going to introduce a lot of new figures for this wave, or the next two waves!

I hope you are right we need more main marvel villains. winter line I want them to bring in the surfer, goblin, lizard, mysterio, Malekith. So we can have an amount of villains that is equal to heroes. That would be brilliant. I'm hoping for a killer line up for 2014 of figures marvel and dc. last year they showed off some winter figures in the flesh but the others they had cgi images of and then some one built a big image of all the figures for winter 2014. I hope they do that and unveil all of winter's in Cgi photos and they show off some actually at the con. What day do you reckon Lego will reveal these? Last year it was a Saturday about midday in uk time.

Edited by legofreak86

Here is confirmation that the Iron Man Patriot Minifigure will be a pre-release bonus through Gamestop Germany.

release is the 18th of October here in Germany so I'm sure other european countries will get it as well.........

lego-marvel-super-heroes-release-date.jpg

Here is confirmation that the Iron Man Patriot Minifigure will be a pre-release bonus through Gamestop Germany.

release is the 18th of October here in Germany so I'm sure other european countries will get it as well.........

Hopefully they will just do a version packaged with the figure here in the uk as they did before with lex and Elrond. It'll be about a pound or two more than the standard one but it'll be worth it.

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Thanks for the info, GRogall!! I shall preorder mine soon :)

Edited by Miss Kyle

SDCC reveal guess - Is it about time for a new Green Goblin? The old versions are looking rather dated compared to the 3D printing we have now. I would guess the bulk of the figures this week will be movie based (Thor for sure, maybe ASM, CA Winter Soldier?) but I would really like to see some of the new game characters. I would love to see some X-Men future past figures but I have already been educated that it would be unlikely on license rights. The Wolverine opens next week - to a total absence of merchandise - so I guess nothing there.

:classic:

SDCC reveal guess - Is it about time for a new Green Goblin? The old versions are looking rather dated compared to the 3D printing we have now. I would guess the bulk of the figures this week will be movie based (Thor for sure, maybe ASM, CA Winter Soldier?) but I would really like to see some of the new game characters.

A new Green Goblin would be great and so long as Lego does have the ASM rights we'll get a new one eventually. However this week I almost think we'll see more comic/TV sets than movie sets. If they are doing a wave for Thor I would definitely imagine we'd see that, but the other movies I would think they'd preview later as most of them come out next year. And this year we really didn't see most of the movie stuff until a few months before release, so I would assume Lego will wait till much later to show off that stuff.

I definitely think we'll see a Batgirl, Nightwing and Killer Croc set (After all Batgirl hasn't been made yet and the other two haven't been remade yet). And for Marvel I think we'll see a Fantastic Four set (If only to tie in with the game).

I think the likelihood of a Spiderman movie set is pretty low, given TLG are already: A) Running with the Disney-Cartoon-Terriblness and B) Not confirmed to be working on the tie-in to a Sony flick, anyway, unless I'm mistaken.

I think the likelihood of a Spiderman movie set is pretty low, given TLG are already: A) Running with the Disney-Cartoon-Terriblness and B) Not confirmed to be working on the tie-in to a Sony flick, anyway, unless I'm mistaken.

Disney owns the merchandising rights for ASM, not Sony. And I' sure they'd have no problem discontinuing the USM sets for something movie based as that would undoubtedly have higher sales. So it's definitely within the realm of possibility at this point. We just don't have any actual news that confirms or denies it.