CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

Well, that really sucks. Gonna have to cough up for ridiculous shipping costs from Bricklink sellers in the US, it seems...

Dvd world USA who just sell US region free to the uk have it for £13.99 with £2.95 postage so no more than we'd pay for it over here. The dvd won't work but the blu will and the figure well that's self explanatory. Shame they didn't consider the UK though :hmpf_bad:

It's going to be released in Australia on 26 June, so it's not a US exclusive: http://www.ezydvd.co...olet/dp/6140771. Judging from the fact that the rep doesn't even spell Blu-ray correctly, I would take what they say with a pinch of salt :)

Good point that could be right!

Edited by legofreak86

Found Escape Black Zero for sale at Walmart (only $3 off but whatever). Bought it. Hope the movie doesn't suck.

The minifigures are better than expected. Superman looks good. I'm not sure why the silver highlights exist (they're still blue in the movie). Lois Lane's torso looks a bit faded (it does not look like it has nearly as bold of colors as the art on the box or pictures we've seen, I can barely make out the waste for example). I really, REALLY wish the stupid armor on the other Kryponians worked with hair. There's no point that it doesn't work with at least short hair... And the builds are boring :P. I really wish they'd have done a more iconic build like The Daily Planet. I guess it would have been too expensive though. Also wish we got a plain Clark (which still doesn't exist, even the movie minifigure has the S showing).

Found Escape Black Zero for sale at Walmart (only $3 off but whatever). Bought it. Hope the movie doesn't suck.

The minifigures are better than expected. Superman looks good. I'm not sure why the silver highlights exist (they're still blue in the movie). Lois Lane's torso looks a bit faded (it does not look like it has nearly as bold of colors as the art on the box or pictures we've seen, I can barely make out the waste for example). I really, REALLY wish the stupid armor on the other Kryponians worked with hair. There's no point that it doesn't work with at least short hair... And the builds are boring :P. I really wish they'd have done a more iconic build like The Daily Planet. I guess it would have been too expensive though. Also wish we got a plain Clark (which still doesn't exist, even the movie minifigure has the S showing).

The reason they didn't do "a more iconic build" is because the sets are based off certain scenes from the movie. I don't believe that any of the action sequences teased take place at the daily planet. Plus I don't believe it is key to the storyline either because as far as I can tell from the trailers and spots: 1. it appears Lois knows exactly who Clark is and 2. he doesn't appear to work at the daily planet in this film. Now I haven't seen the film but I think (unlike Lego's iron man 3 range) this time Lego know what they're doing with recreating scenes. The armour thing is annoying as zod frequently doesn't wear helmet but wears just armour instead. If the torso is so faded then ask Lego for a replacement, I'm sure they'll understand they are usually top notch customer service wise. The others I have seen aren't badly faded certainly. Also they've ditched the whole glasses disguise for Clark for this film.

Edited by legofreak86

New pictures and videos are out for the Lego Marvel game. Specifically they showed a design for the mark 1 Iron Man suit. I really wonder why they didn't release that as an exclusive instead of 30167. It's really a pretty simple design actually.

The design of Human Torch and Mr. Fantastic are pretty awesome. Honestly I feel like we'll see some of these minifigures next year. This years Marvel sets were pretty much all focused on movies and shows, so I feel like we'll definitely get some non-movie/TV stuff. After all the DC side gets non-movie/TV sets every year, it's only fair Marvel gets one or two. I especially believe we'll get a Fantastic Four set, after all the new movie is in production and it's unlikely that Lego will have rights for movie based toys so it only makes since that they'd make comic based.

Very nice! Love that mark 1 and we need a Thor vs. the destroyer set in my honest opinion and that destroyer looks awesome. I would love to see the FF at some point as we have doom now. The way they've captured movie Asgard in bricks the game is just so beautifully done and rendered so well :wub: ! I know they'll probably never be a Bifrost bridge set but a man can dream right a man can dream!

WOW that looks more fun than Batman DC Super Heroes 2, but my overall opinion is that lots of minifigures and sets potential, yet zero announcements on anything. I like how the hulk converts back to bruce banner(minifig potential right there) so on and so forth. I am expecting more sets in the near future, lets hope.

We're gonna get plenty of LEGO-related, superhero related, and presumably LEGO Super Heroes-related announcements next month at the San Diego Comic-Con, so don't worry that this theme has come to a standstill. (Unless they say that it has. In which case, worry.)

The reason they didn't do "a more iconic build" is because the sets are based off certain scenes from the movie. I don't believe that any of the action sequences teased take place at the daily planet. Plus I don't believe it is key to the storyline either because as far as I can tell from the trailers and spots: 1. it appears Lois knows exactly who Clark is and 2. he doesn't appear to work at the daily planet in this film. Now I haven't seen the film but I think (unlike Lego's iron man 3 range) this time Lego know what they're doing with recreating scenes. The armour thing is annoying as zod frequently doesn't wear helmet but wears just armour instead. If the torso is so faded then ask Lego for a replacement, I'm sure they'll understand they are usually top notch customer service wise. The others I have seen aren't badly faded certainly. Also they've ditched the whole glasses disguise for Clark for this film.

That would be legit reasoning but look at Lego Ironman stuff :P. Like none of those happened. :O

A page back, it was said that LEGO doesn't do things off of the games. What about the Arkham City Freeze and Robin minifigures? Or did you mean sets?

A page back, it was said that LEGO doesn't do things off of the games. What about the Arkham City Freeze and Robin minifigures? Or did you mean sets?

TLG has never stated they won't make sets based off or inspired from video games. SW has a few sets based off games and those you mention are clearly inspired. I expect to see more inspired or loosely based sets from Arkham Origins. I also think TLG will give us some comic style Marvel sets next year (Fantastic Four would be perfect).

TLG has never stated they won't make sets based off or inspired from video games. SW has a few sets based off games and those you mention are clearly inspired. I expect to see more inspired or loosely based sets from Arkham Origins. I also think TLG will give us some comic style Marvel sets next year (Fantastic Four would be perfect).

Exactly, I mean honestly, The Batboat, Batmobile, Batplane, Lex's Luthor Power Armor all show up on the Lego Batman Videogame not generally in sets, but vehicles, minifigures, the fact that you didn't see Mr.Freeze and certain robins is because at the time they weren't conceived in the game. Even in the LOTR lego game you see minifigures and equipment used in sets... They work hand in hand and I presume we could see future sets inspired by the game in the sense of including minifigures seen in the game, it's clear that we will see close to 100+ minifigures on the marvel game alone, when in reality so far we have close to 25 or more released marvel minifigures... there is total room for expansion and deliver more sets other than movies and comics IMO. Hell, even Shazam and Bizarro were DLC but man I would love to see them in sets in the future and especially see a Black Adam minifigure... This line could be longer than SW if they play their cards right.

Hi!

I hope nobody has already said it, but it seems that the Iron Patriot isn't an US exclusive. According to Germany's Gamestop website you get the Iron Patriot exclusive minifig, if you preorder it for the XBOX 360 which I hope is a mistake, since it is kinda unfair for non-Xbox owners, a category, that includes me. :( I hope this means, that the Iron Patriot is also coming to other countries, like the UK, Italy, Belgium. . . Here is the link: http://www.gamestop.de/lego-marvel

What do you think about these news?

P. S. Wow my first post at Eurobricks! :)

That would be legit reasoning but look at Lego Ironman stuff :P. Like none of those happened. :O

Unfortunately there were unseen complications to the storyline that if you've seen iron man 3 I'm sure you know to what I am referring to. Lego weren't aware of this and so centred their line around a certain character who's role changed in the movie. For Iron Man 3 they were only given slight details and concept art for sets but man of steel they've been given proper photographs and detail which accounts to how accurate the figures are to the film. Movie accurate or not I'm more impressed with The MOS sets than I ever was with iron man 3 ones. The MOS vehicles and locations look pretty accurate to what we've seen in trailers compared to ugly green vehicles in iron man 3 sets (unless they were going for a comic style feel). Good point though!

Please stay on topic. Opinions on the movies can go in Culture and Multimedia.

Ok,but I was referring to the characters,not the movies.

Hi!

I hope nobody has already said it, but it seems that the Iron Patriot isn't an US exclusive. According to Germany's Gamestop website you get the Iron Patriot exclusive minifig, if you preorder it for the XBOX 360 which I hope is a mistake, since it is kinda unfair for non-Xbox owners, a category, that includes me. :( I hope this means, that the Iron Patriot is also coming to other countries, like the UK, Italy, Belgium. . . Here is the link: http://www.gamestop.de/lego-marvel

What do you think about these news?

P. S. Wow my first post at Eurobricks! :)

True words. Saw that too and when I realized that the promo only counts for the 360 version, I came to realize a bad marketing move again.

I have no single console, only a PC, I'm not someone who likes to spend 50 bucks on a game I can't play just to get a minifigure and then sell the game.

I still have to get all other game-exclusive minifigures (Lex from Batman 2, Elrond from LotR, Chase McCain from LCU) and now the Iron Patriot, too (who is going to be sold at stupid prices, because it is going to land in hands of overpricing ... [enter a fitting word here]).