CorneliusMurdock

Lego Superheroes 2013 Rumours & Discussion

This is a big tease by LEGO, like how the included that Nick Fury figure in the Avengers poster.

That's not a great comparison, though, because we never did see a Fury figure in the outfit shown on that poster. Still, I don't count an Iron Patriot fig as unlikely.

That's not a great comparison, though, because we never did see a Fury figure in the outfit shown on that poster. Still, I don't count an Iron Patriot fig as unlikely.

As long as they don't make it a comic con exclusive, i'm fine. I t maybe a june promo or a promo for the Game.

I'm guessing we'll see the Nick Fury one in the Captain America 2 sets, but now I'm speculating too much on this thread. :grin:

Those are nice posters, thanks for sharing, hopefully they're teasers for a real Iron Patriot fig.

It will probably be with the visual dictionary if they release one, if they don't probably the game (I hope not because I'm not gonna get it.)

I kinda hope they don't make it. Personally too much Iron Men, and I want Lego to use up any promo fig ideas for a dictionary or the game on other potential Marvel characters that deserve to be made.

-Omi

Really hoping they do make this. Personally you can never have too much Iron Men, and I want Lego to take the opportunity while it's still there, instead of losing the chance by waiting long after the Iron Man 3 hype is gone.

Nice posters! That definitely lends some credibility to the Iron Patriot armor being released someday. Here's hoping! :thumbup:

I kinda hope they don't make it. Personally too much Iron Men, and I want Lego to use up any promo fig ideas for a dictionary or the game on other potential Marvel characters that deserve to be made.

-Omi

I agree with you to a point. There are a lot of characters that I really want to see made before we get a bunch of alternate versions, however if it's in a set we don't know about or even a polybag promo for a month then I am all for it!

At this point I sort of expect to see it made, one way or another. In both posters they specifically included suits that have all been made, plus the Iron Patriot armor. If TLG wanted to just make a poster for the heck of it, they could have easily completely copied the actual Iron Man 3 poster and just recolored the suits to make them look like their counterparts.

Edited by Spider-Man

Wow, the Iron Patriot Looks great, all the detail that went into him really made him a great minifig. It's too bad lego just didn't put him in the Extermis Sea Port Battle Set because now, I think he'll mostly likely be a Comic Con Exclusive Minifig. It would have been better if War Machine was the Comic Con Exclusive Minifig though, because I could have totally seen the two Marvel Exclusives being a War Machine then a Whiplash and maybe the two DC Excluisve being a TDK Joker and TDK Two-Face. Speaking of DC when will the MoS sets be coming out?

-Omi

Iron Mans power is his suit(s). His armory of 42 armors (of which we have seen around 20) should be made available in its entirety which LEGO doesn´t seem to want to do sadly. IMO they should have chosen the suit versions that were more diverse. Instead of repeating MK42 in Extremis Harbor and Malibu Mansion they could have put in the black or white Iron Man in the chase scene. But except for this case they have different figs in every set, so this is more of a problem of LEGO producing too few different sets.

At this point I sort of expect to see it made, one way or another. In both posters they specifically included suits that have all been made, plus the Iron Patriot armor. If TLG wanted to just make a poster for the heck of it, they could have easily completely copied the actual Iron Man 3 poster and just recolored the suits to make them look like their counterparts.

Exactly. They put Mark 7 and 42 twice on the poster with the flying Iron Men and if they wanted an exact shot of the hall of armor they should have left out Patriot and War Machine.

Now I am happy to see that Patriot doesn´t have to wait until Avengers 2 or Iron Man 4 for his fig. Now it is only a question of how they will release him. Video Game pre-order, S@H promo fig, with a book, at a random event only a fraction of fans go to, Comic-Con, or even a regular set (however this is supposed to look).

If it´s UCS Malibu Mansion including all the already released suits plus Patriot I am going to flip out.

I doubt they'd do an UCS Mansion since they already made the mansion this year.

I hope Iron Patriot will be available with something I can justify buying. It'd be tough to convince my wife to buy a video game we don't have a system for. I'd rather they wait to release it with the movie on DVD/Bluray like the Hobbit.

I'd rather they wait to release it with the movie on DVD/Bluray like the Hobbit.

It has a HUGE possibility of being a Bluray promo for Iron Man 3! Nice thinking!

Nice HR posters from the new Iron Man 3 movies as a Lego interpretation.

Pictures link to HR version +3000.pxl.

lego_iron_man_3.1_poster_800.jpg

lego_iron_man_3.2_poster_800.jpg

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by GRogall

If they release this minifigure in the SDCC, I will seriously buy plane tickets for the event before they sell out... But Honestly these lego iron man minifigures is starting to feel like Hot Toys...

Edited by eldiano

If they release this minifigure in the SDCC, I will seriously buy plane tickets for the event before they sell out... But Honestly these lego iron man minifigures is starting to feel like Hot Toys...

cheaper to buy one on ebay, insted of buying a plane ticket + comic con ticket(proapbly already sold out) and if you do get in weatehr you get a fig or not is part of a draw. x]

Wow.

That poster is amazing.

In any case, I feel kinda peeved now at the free Iron Man+Drone offer since I did get Cosmic Cube Escape; it was a great decision on TLG's part though - waiting a year for people to gobble up the Cosmic Cube Escape set before revealing this.

YES! Good to see an Iron Patriot fig. Hopefully we actually get him in a set or something reasonable so I don't have to dish out $20 again like I did for Elrond...

Those posters are great too. I've got the Avengers one, I'll ask at the theater this year, see what I can get.

I don't think this will be the SDCC figure. Last year they didn't release pictures until the night before they were given away, so I really doubt they would just show it now to mess with us.

Do you think they could maybe have this be a special July promo this year? American Independence day is July 4th and is one of the most patriotic days we have in America. I know it would make it seem like the promo would be directed more towards Americans then the rest of the world, but the suit itself is pretty American.

(Just for the record I'm not trying to stir up any Ameribricks controversy :grin: )

Wow.

That poster is amazing.

In any case, I feel kinda peeved now at the free Iron Man+Drone offer since I did get Cosmic Cube Escape; it was a great decision on TLG's part though - waiting a year for people to gobble up the Cosmic Cube Escape set before revealing this.

I know what you mean. I think if any Iron man should be included it should have been the Mark VII. Just because the Cosmic cube would still have an Exculsive figure. Plus the Quinjet would still have an exculsive figure ( black widow ).

The iron patriot looks cool, but it still doesn't mean we will get one. The Avengers poster had Fury on it, but we still don't have that version of him.

Official images of 76002, 76003 and 76009 are released in LEGO shop at home cache.

I just capture 76009 Superman Black Zero Escape, which the detail images had not been seen before except toy show.

76009.jpg

76009_alt1.jpg

76009_alt2.jpg

76009_alt3.jpg

76009_alt4.jpg

Edited by whung